• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

Re: Transfer Rumours

Levy needs to learn from Liverpool. Keep your best players at all costs, if Lloris is allowed to leave that'll be another nail in the coffin for our current regime. Bring in a competent manager and tell any players we need to keep to put up and shut up.

Groan .. this **** never dies does it ...

If PSG offer 10M for Lloris, Levy will do like Pool ...
Much like if Madrid offers 85M for Suarez, Pool will do like Levy

Getting ridiculous with the whole "Levy should keep our best players" it was a world record transfer no one would turn that down if they were in our position.

Foster is a bit crap, but Friedel and Gomes are both out of contract and I'm not sure Archer is ready to be #2 yet.

Foster is a bit crap, but Friedel and Gomes are both out of contract and I'm not sure Archer is ready to be #2 yet.

How about Forster or Begavic or Matshall... All would be able and willing and cheaper than Lloris without damaging the team

Levy needs to learn from Liverpool. Keep your best players at all costs, if Lloris is allowed to leave that'll be another nail in the coffin for our current regime. Bring in a competent manager and tell any players we need to keep to put up and shut up.

Some of us would dispute that Lloris is that hot. I don't think he's at all irreplaceable.

I think we paid £12m for him? If PSG and Monaco want to get into a bidding war I say sit back and let them.

If a good offer for Lloris came in, I'd take it.
He's very good, but not 'great' in my opinion, and could be replaced.

Can he be replaced with better should be the question. If the answer is no then why as a fan would you "take it" if a reasonable offer came in? Can we just keep our good players please, sell the worst ones first.

I think we could replace Lloris quite easily for a lot less than he'd probably go for, we'd surely get 25m+ for him, how much would it take to get Begovic/Foster/etc?

I think we could replace Lloris quite easily for a lot less than he'd probably go for, we'd surely get 25m+ for him, how much would it take to get Begovic/Foster/etc?

So you think those two are at least equal to Hugo? Makes you wonder why a big club like PSG are wasting their time when they could just get one of those two for much cheaper eh ...

So you think those two are at least equal to Hugo? Makes you wonder why a big club like PSG are wasting their time when they could just get one of those two for much cheaper eh ...

Probably because he is French and they rate him higher no matter who it was against. Pretty much like if you asked 10 British "football experts" who they would choose in their prime, Rooney or Ibrahimovic, all 10 would say Rooney.

How about Forster or Begavic or Matshall... All would be able and willing and cheaper than Lloris without damaging the team

I think you are underestimating how good Lloris is and how hard it is to find a decent keeper.

Lloris is the first really good goalie we've had since Clemence. That's 25 years.

I think its closer than the considered opinion, I appreciate your point re PSG but its equally valid to ask how we managed to get him rather than a big club in the first place

I think you are underestimating how good Lloris is and how hard it is to find a decent keeper.

Lloris is the first really good goalie we've had since Clemence. That's 25 years.

I wouldn't put him ahead of Thorsvedt myself, maybe not Sullivan or Robinson when they first joined either.

I think we'd struggle to get £15m for him. Goalkeepers have always had an artificially low value (the opposite to CFs)

£15m would actually make him the third most expensive goalkeeper of all time (behind Buffon and De Gea, and joint with Neuer)

Probably because he is French and they rate him higher no matter who it was against. Pretty much like if you asked 10 British "football experts" who they would choose in their prime, Rooney or Ibrahimovic, all 10 would say Rooney.

Ask the 50 best clubs in Europe who they'd want out of Lloris, Begovic and Foster. 50 would say Lloris. I don't understand this attitude of sell a good player if we get a good offer so we can replace him with someone not quite as good but use the money to marginally upgrade another position. You're just moving a weakness from one part of the field to another, why should fans care how much we get? We got over £110m of "I'd take that" for six players this season and look where it's gotten us. Keep good players -> sell/replace bad players -> get better. Sell good players -> replace with inferior players -> get worse.

Ask the 50 best clubs in Europe who they'd want out of Lloris, Begovic and Foster. 50 would say Lloris. I don't understand this attitude of sell a good player if we get a good offer so we can replace him with someone not quite as good but use the money to marginally upgrade another position. You're just moving a weakness from one part of the field to another, why should fans care how much we get? We got over £110m of "I'd take that" for six players this season and look where it's gotten us. Keep good players -> sell/replace bad players -> get better. Sell good players -> replace with inferior players -> get worse.

Couldn't put it better myself. Baffles me why fans just accept us sellig our best players and even encourage it. I said from day one we'd finish 6th/7th this season we sold bale and didn't buy anyone at his level yet people think it was good business.

I just don't think he is THAT good, for Tottenham, based on this season, not what his reputation is, either here or where he is ranked by other clubs.

His reflex saves are good, when the ball is close to him, but theres been many goals conceded, where while they are not howlers, I've questioned if he maybe could have done better.

This combined with poor distribution and a few Grobelaar moments on crosses, make him replaceable.

I just don't think he is THAT good, for Tottenham, based on this season, not what his reputation is, either here or where he is ranked by other clubs.

His reflex saves are good, when the ball is close to him, but theres been many goals conceded, where while they are not howlers, I've questioned if he maybe could have done better.

This combined with poor distribution and a few Grobelaar moments on crosses, make him replaceable.

If we're basing it purely on this season then we're not going to be left with many players. I want to know what you mean by replaceable? Technically every player is replaceable but surely you'd only want to replace a player if either you can A) get someone better or B) get someone as good for less. I'd like to know what keepers we could get who are BETTER than Hugo Lloris, or which keepers we could get who are as good as Hugo Lloris but would be cheaper than we'd get for Hugo - and an extension to that question would be, why wouldn't those clubs wanting Hugo not just get the cheaper keeper who is just as good anyway?

because Lloris is more of a name - the top clubs buy established stars, mostly - doesn't mean they're always the best or that others can't prove to be better than them.

why did Arsenal buy Ozil and not Eriksen?

Back