• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

would like to hear more about him. any current players you could compare him to in terms of style of play/what he offers?

Powerful forward who has flourished at Roma this year. He was looked at as one of the biggest wasted talents within the last few years but he has been brilliant this season. He is only 23 and could be well worth the gamble considering Baldini will know all about him too.

He has superb movement and looked like a real predator this year, at times reminding me of an Inzaghi when he's in the box. He has good movement, he's not slow neither. Here is the "complimentary YouTube video" but seriously, if you can, try and watch some Roma games to get a better understanding of the player.

[video=youtube;ddEbWM43MkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEbWM43MkE[/video]

Hmm one great season at Roma, Baldini knows everything about him, will prob cost a bomb, mumorn super enthusiastic........... I think we've been here before

Powerful forward who has flourished at Roma this year. He was looked at as one of the biggest wasted talents within the last few years but he has been brilliant this season. He is only 23 and could be well worth the gamble considering Baldini will know all about him too.

He has superb movement and looked like a real predator this year, at times reminding me of an Inzaghi when he's in the box. He has good movement, he's not slow neither. Here is the "complimentary YouTube video" but seriously, if you can, try and watch some Roma games to get a better understanding of the player.

[video=youtube;ddEbWM43MkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddEbWM43MkE[/video]

That Gervinho looks handy...

Re: Transfer Rumours

Yet Lescott cost more than their other three CBs combined so that argument doesn't really wash. In the few games he's actually played this season he's looked like bambi so was quickly dropped again. I think people underestimate systems, Chelsea played some kid today who'd never played a PL game before in his life, away to rampant Liverpool and he puts in a solid performance, not because he's better than all of our defenders, but because he's in a setup that doesn't leave their defenders woefully exposed like ours.

I would prefer Vermalen over Lescott. Would help settle Verts and provide the experience needed ala an early Gallas. Verts and Vermalen would be solid IMO and I like the thought of Garay from Benfica too.

I would prefer Vermalen over Lescott. Would help settle Verts and provide the experience needed ala an early Gallas. Verts and Vermalen would be solid IMO and I like the thought of Garay from Benfica too.

Vermaelen has been poor for Arsenal for some time, and like Verts (and Lescott) he prefers the left sided centre back position. Not sure he's an effective organizer either, I think Koscielny looks much better next to Mertesacker for example.

Garay... Cannot see it happening.

I think Vermalen is a poor centre half. He got away with it in his first season at Arsenal because he scored quite a few goals and that papered over his poor defending and kept him a crowd favourite. Since then he has been found out though.

I think Vermalen is a poor centre half. He got away with it in his first season at Arsenal because he scored quite a few goals and that papered over his poor defending and kept him a crowd favourite. Since then he has been found out though.

Sounds just like Vertonghen. :-k

Ben Smith @BenSmithBBC

Adam Lallana's move to #LFC still far from certain. Spurs are interested, as are a couple of other clubs.

To be honest with Christian Eriksen as our No. 10, of whom I think is better, do we really need or even want Lallana? Would be very happy to sign him of course but the answer is no for me.

Not needed at all.Would just be a wasted investment. Especially when we have other priorities.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ottenham-not-planning-to-bid-for-adam-lallana

To be honest with Christian Eriksen as our No. 10, of whom I think is better, do we really need or even want Lallana? Would be very happy to sign him of course but the answer is a no for me.

Lallana would be a Lennon replacement IMO but while I would be happy for us to sign him he is waaaayyyyy overpriced. Surely we can get better for cheaper and like you say it's not a priority for us this summer anyway.

Back