• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Discussion Thread

It's a shame people without a clue of football outside the Premier League only remember Gervinho for his stint at Arsenal.

Not sure what is wrong with judging him on what he does here as opposed to MUCH weaker leagues?

It actually makes sense to do so.

I'm pretty sure most of the talented players here will dominate the italian leagues. look at the guys that make it over there that dont make it here.....

if that comes off and sandro leaves then thats the first negative i'll have on poch...and a HUGE one at that

Likewise. I'm yet to see what the big fuss is about Wanyama. He played well for Celtic...so what?! That's in the Scottish Premier League, the equivalent to the Championship, and for a team vastly better than it's rivals, of course he played well!

Sandro should be the defensive enforcer. Poch will just have to get Sandro back playing the way that he is capable of playing. Hopefully this summer break will allow Sandro to return fresh.

And no, I'm not contradicting what I said earlier about Poch getting the players that he wants. Well, I might be, but I see no reason in signing players similar to those that we already have. Poch should be backed if he wants to bring in players who add something new.

Slightly different player types, but the way I see it we have four players (Sandro, Capoue, Dembele and Paulinho) who are better than both Wanyama and Schneiderlin
We were 13 points ahead of them last season, it was not due to the management.

not really, injured for part of the season. Solid when he played.

I have to say that he has been poor when I've seen him play. I thought he was very impressive for Celtic and looked a level up on the players around him, and his performances even had Arsenal interested if reports were to be believed. But every time I have seen him in the Southampton shirt he has looked well off the pace. He hasn't adapted to the faster tempo of the PL at all IMO and gets repeatedly caught in possession and on top of that his passing has been abysmal.

Is Balotelli worth the risk? Read somewhere that he would be available for £20mil.
Could be a laugh!

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

I have to say that he has been poor when I've seen him play. I thought he was very impressive for Celtic and looked a level up on the players around him, and his performances even had Arsenal interested if reports were to be believed. But every time I have seen him in the Southampton shirt he has looked well off the pace. He hasn't adapted to the faster tempo of the PL at all IMO and gets repeatedly caught in possession and on top of that his passing has been abysmal.

I have to agree with this; What Wanyama has over Sandro and Capoue is perhaps pace, but nothing else imo.We'd be made to buy him.

no - if he wasn't such a loon i doubt he'd be rated as high as he is

Yeah, while he has some ability, a lot of it is just hype based on what he COULD become. If he suddenly matured over night and got serious about football he could be pretty good, but I don't think he'll ever grow up. Lots of money, zero responsibility. It's a good life.

Wanayama??? Dear lord.......I'd rather perservere with Capoue thank you very much. What next, a big money move for Osvaldo?

No to Balotelli, are you lot mad?

Yeah he's a little crazy, then again aren't we all at that age? Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat and at 23 he's already a very good player with some potential to grow even further. He's scored 30 in 54 at a pretty average AC Milan side, I'm sometimes amazed by the way some people, entitled to their opinion or not, just brush a side really talented players because of certain characteristics or what he can't do.

Before someone posts a gif of that horror stamp on Parker two years I've already considered that and I'd still take him without any hesitation.

No to Balotelli, are you lot mad?

Yeah he's a little crazy, then again aren't we all at that age? Personally I'd take him in a heartbeat and at 23 he's already a very good player with some potential to grow even further. He's scored 30 in 54 at a pretty average AC Milan side, I'm sometimes amazed by the way some people, entitled to their opinion or not, just brush a side really talented players because of certain characteristics or what he can't do.

Before someone posts a gif of that horror stamp on Parker two years I've already considered that and I'd still take him without any hesitation.

I think this view can be agreed with - if you also think Ade is great too

Quite a few pieces out there today saying it will be us vs Sunderland for Banega and that Poch tried to bring the guy to St Mary's in January.

Back