• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I still don't think they have tabled an official bid, they are just using back channels to suggest terms which we have ignored this far

I've said it before but i say it again, has anyone known a transfer story of this magnitude go on so long without a single direct quote from an involved party

I still have that feeling what I posted 7-10 days ago regarding this whole thing being part of a master plan, part of the partnership.

1. Tottenham's name is on everyone's lips and our commercial recongnition has quadrupled because of it.
2. Madrid being in for him and there value of the player has pretty basically warned off everyone else that may have felt.. lets buy him (i.e Utd)
3. Levy is a hero
4. No longer a selling club.. fudge you media.
5. Bale leaves next year as planned when all sides are ready.
6. Tottenham gets its naming rights due to a heightened media stories throughout the world, especially in the US.
7. Happy days.
8. Tottenham purchase players in a timely manor.

As far fetched as it sounds, I've seen worse ideas in business

I still have that feeling what I posted 7-10 days ago regarding this whole thing being part of a master plan, part of the partnership.

1. Tottenham's name is on everyone's lips and our commercial recongnition has quadrupled because of it.
2. Madrid being in for him and there value of the player has pretty basically warned off everyone else that may have felt.. lets buy him (i.e Utd)
3. Levy is a hero
4. No longer a selling club.. fudge you media.
5. Bale leaves next year as planned when all sides are ready.
6. Tottenham gets its naming rights due to a heightened media stories throughout the world, especially in the US.
7. Happy days.
8. Tottenham purchase players in a timely manor.

brilliant......if this happens, lets celebrate!!

midget-dancing-gif.gif

If we sell Bale for £100M i would spend the money on Pjanic, Draxler and Lamela, if they was say £30M each it would leave £10m for a decent LB.

Problem is its not that simple :(

Unhappy Gareth Bale faces Tottenham fine if he fails to return to training on Tuesday
4 Aug 2013 22:30

Gareth Bale is facing a club fine if he does not turn up for training with Tottenham tomorrow [Tuesday].

The 24-year-old winger - for whom Real Madrid are willing to pay up to £105million - is said to be “unhappy and disappointed” by renewed claims from Andre Villas-Boas that he is not for sale.

Bale is currently in Wales on a short break as the Spurs squad have a day off today.

But Spurs have dismissed out of hand claims at the weekend that he said his goodbyes to the rest of the squad for the last time on Friday as they flew to Monaco for a friendly.

Bale is expected back at Tottenham’s Enfield HQ along with the rest of the squad on Tuesday morning.

Spurs have it within their power to fine him if he does not return.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...le-transfer-unhappy-tottenham-2125056#ixzz2b5

------------------------

It is getting really messy. It is clear Bale is not getting good advice from his agent. Hope the club will be firm in this matter.

This is BS.

Any club fines any player for not turning up. There is nothing specific about Bale in this story.

I don't know what to believe in terms of his unhappiness and whether there's truth in him being bratty etc but if he was to miss training on Tuesday then I'm done with all of this and want him out of the club ASAP.

Don't let it get to you.

There's no indication that he won't be there tmw.

Saw snippets from the Cristiano Ronaldo interview earlier and I thought he was cool to say the least, if not even hostile to the idea of Bale coming. Can't see why he'd welcome it, will compete for his position on the team (or at least his freedom) and his status as number one profile for the coming season. As I've said before, I don't think Bale is an ego and, unless his Spanish is brilliant, I really don't know if he would fancy a move to that dressing room. The signing is going to be a bit "meh" amongst the players, its the fans, the board and the management that would be excited about it. But the team, they will be confident that their squad as it is is good enough to compete next season. Certainly when you have Ronaldo in the team you don't think "you know what guys, what we really need is a powerful guy with a good touch who can run at people and whack a ball in from 25 yards".

On a different note, as I mentioned it earlier I can see an attraction for Bale in all this. One thing that has come to mind is the opportunity for him to become the world's most expensive player. Whilst most players say they don't like being saddled with a huge price around their neck, this particular record would inevitably carry with it a certain amount of pride. Bale is a brilliant player, one of our own all-time greats. However, when you start getting stats like this next to your name people start talking about best player ever, period.

I am always reminded of the case of Jimmy Greaves who was bought back from AC Milan in 1961 for £99,999 just so he wasn't burdened by the tag as world's most expensive player

I am always reminded of the case of Jimmy Greaves who was bought back from AC Milan in 1961 for £99,999 just so he wasn't burdened by the tag as world's most expensive player

not to be the worlds first 100k player wasn't it? surely he must have been the most expensive if he was signed for a quid less

If we sell Bale for £100M i would spend the money on Pjanic, Draxler and Lamela, if they was say £30M each it would leave £10m for a decent LB.

Problem is its not that simple :(

who will you drop to accommodate them? ;)

not to be the worlds first 100k player wasn't it? surely he must have been the most expensive if he was signed for a quid less

Yep; and if i remember it right a few weeks later Dennis Law was bought by Utd for 115k and he became the first.

who will you drop to accommodate them? ;)

where does Draxler play?

_____Soldado
Lamela Pjanic Draxler (?)
__Paulhino Sandro

Dembele Lennon and Chadli being heavily rotated in over the season. that is of course if that's where Draxler plays.

dare i say that's a stronger team without mr Bale?

You are technically correct (clever clogs) as £99,999 was the record, but no-one had broken the £100K barrier before, and that was deemed by Bill Nic to have been too much of an extra burden for Jimmy. The rest they say is history.....

We don't know this.

Gotta be careful with this line of thinking or the boo boys will be out on Saturday.

we dont know, but the longer he is out with these little knocks the more suspicious it is.....to me, to some, maybe for others everything is normal

where does Draxler play?

_____Soldado
Lamela Pjanic Draxler (?)
__Paulhino Sandro

Dembele Lennon and Chadli being heavily rotated in over the season. that is of course if that's where Draxler plays.

dare i say that's a stronger team without mr Bale?

that could work very well, and those 3 in and around Soldado is just the kind of service he would need and thrive on

Back