• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Game of thrones thread

Important character development for Jon Snow, Margaery and Brienne and setting up future events.

Please don't post on this thread. We know you've read the book so i tend to read into your posts all the time.

That post is purely related to this episode. They've started to mess so much with the timelines it's impossible to keep up any more.

After three series' in one week it's killing me only getting one episode per week now!

I like both the South and North storylines. I know nothing about the story after what has been on TV (so this is in no way a spoiler) but I get the feeling there is the mother of all battles coming up in the North (whether it's the wildlings against the Nights Watch or the lot of them against the White Walkers...it's going to get messy!)

Loved the episode yesterday! Not loads of action but lovely stuff overall.....everyone must have been wondering what the walkers were doing with the young baby boys!

On another note....GO GO JOHN SNOW!

After three series' in one week it's killing me only getting one episode per week now!

I like both the South and North storylines. I know nothing about the story after what has been on TV (so this is in no way a spoiler) but I get the feeling there is the mother of all battles coming up in the North (whether it's the wildlings against the Nights Watch or the lot of them against the White Walkers...it's going to get messy!)

I'm one of the ones who has read all the books, so I'll avoid any spoilers. I haven't watched any of the 4th series yet. I'm trying my damnedest to save them up for a weekend blitz!

Felt last nights episode was a little boring

Part of the problem for me is the sheer number of parallel story lines. There's only a very short period of time for each of them to progress and with a week between each episode the progress in each story line is just so slow.

Still enjoy it a lot though and enjoy every episode. But I wonder what it would have been like if each story line was dealt with over longer periods of time as far as possible? The interaction with Denearys and what's happening in the rest of the story is minimal. Could have been 1-2 episodes with just her stuff in the season and then move on to the north of the wall stuff and so on. Only actually move from one to the next when they have to because they interact. I think it would have given a much greater sense of progression. The story so far this season with Denearys has been quite good, if all of that was one episode it would have been quite thrilling I think, but with getting it scattered across a couple of months in 10 minute chunks I just want her to get on with it and....

Btw, what's the spoiler tag being used for in this thread? Spoilers from recent episodes or spoilers from the book?

This episode actually had some progress. Been a bit slow in some of the other ones.

Halfway through the season now, looks like they're trying to sync up some of the story lines for the season finale, leaving us with a few questions to ponder while it's on break.

Part of the problem for me is the sheer number of parallel story lines. There's only a very short period of time for each of them to progress and with a week between each episode the progress in each story line is just so slow.

Still enjoy it a lot though and enjoy every episode. But I wonder what it would have been like if each story line was dealt with over longer periods of time as far as possible? The interaction with Denearys and what's happening in the rest of the story is minimal. Could have been 1-2 episodes with just her stuff in the season and then move on to the north of the wall stuff and so on. Only actually move from one to the next when they have to because they interact. I think it would have given a much greater sense of progression. The story so far this season with Denearys has been quite good, if all of that was one episode it would have been quite thrilling I think, but with getting it scattered across a couple of months in 10 minute chunks I just want her to get on with it and....

Btw, what's the spoiler tag being used for in this thread? Spoilers from recent episodes or spoilers from the book?

I agree. The Walking Dead did a good job imo with a few episodes concentrating on one faction/group each - although it is slightly different I suppose in that they were all ultimately heading for the same place, whereas in GOT there are more moments where you need an immediate opposing view or the impact/fallout to a situation.

Although saying that, like you say, the Denearys and the 'Reek' stories could be seen as separate (at the moment anyway) story lines.

Re: spoilers - up to now it seems to have been programme related and as someone unfamiliar with the books I don't object to book spoilers but please just note that before the spoiler so we know. :)

I agree. The Walking Dead did a good job imo with a few episodes concentrating on one faction/group each - although it is slightly different I suppose in that they were all ultimately heading for the same place, whereas in GOT there are more moments where you need an immediate opposing view or the impact/fallout to a situation.

Although saying that, like you say, the Denearys and the 'Reek' stories could be seen as separate (at the moment anyway) story lines.

Re: spoilers - up to now it seems to have been programme related and as someone unfamiliar with the books I don't object to book spoilers but please just note that before the spoiler so we know. :)

The books handles it differently than the tv show. We only get to know what happened with Reek a LOT later and the characters are split across two books somewhere around now, don't remember exactly.

I thought it was a brilliant episode tonight!

Oh and can I just say..

"..I bet his hair is greasier than Joffreys cnut" :ross:

They do love a good couple tag team in the show...

Love the hound. Realest motherf*cker in this. So the iron bank sounds like the type of place you don't want to get your mortgage from. Agree with braineclipse about the number of parallel storylines meaning it takes a while to move on. Glad to see Bran do something cool, because he was boring me a bit. So if I remember correctly his younger brother Rickon is with the wildling chick right? Dany's storyline is loooong, going to be ages until they hit westeros. But seriously, best tv at the moment by a country mile.

Oh, and...

Why is that Shae being such a bitch at the trial? Just because he ****ed her off for her own safety?!

Back