• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

What if say Hamilton smashes into Verstappen tomorrow (or the other way around), and they both have to quit the race? Who wins the championship then?

Interesting setup for tomorrow.

With Red Bull on what's seen as the weaker tyres this could all come down to strategy. We know that's not been Mercedes's strong point this season.
Weaker but faster at the start, you think going onto soft's for the end will help Lewis then ??

Weaker but faster at the start, you think going onto soft's for the end will help Lewis then ??
Lewis have to go for a one stop with medium and hard. Mediums won't last long enough to go for a one stop medium to soft.
Max will probably go two stop with soft-medium-soft.

An easy way for Max to win it, is Perez just rear ending Hamilton at the start, as he starts right behind Hamilton. Would probably mean they lose the constructor championship, but win the drivers championship.

An easy way for Max to win it, is Perez just rear ending Hamilton at the start, as he starts right behind Hamilton. Would probably mean they lose the constructor championship, but win the drivers championship.

If that happened I think the FIA would disqualify the whole team, probably for next season too, Perez would also lose his license.

Lewis have to go for a one stop with medium and hard. Mediums won't last long enough to go for a one stop medium to soft.
Max will probably go two stop with soft-medium-soft.
Max will need to disappear at the start on the softs in order to
a) Get clear enough of Hamilton to be able.to afford an extra stop
b) Find himself a window between the tier 2 teams and the rest to come out in

Won't be at all easy. If Hamilton even nearly hangs onto the back of Max in the early laps then I think it's over bar the crashing. I certainly don't see Max having the mental ability to make both sets last for a one stop.

Max will need to disappear at the start on the softs in order to
a) Get clear enough of Hamilton to be able.to afford an extra stop
b) Find himself a window between the tier 2 teams and the rest to come out in

Won't be at all easy. If Hamilton even nearly hangs onto the back of Max in the early laps then I think it's over bar the crashing. I certainly don't see Max having the mental ability to make both sets last for a one stop.
Another option is to try and squeeze as much as possible out of the soft tyre, and then go straight to the hard tyre and try to make it last to the end of the race, but I think Max will have to pit twice. He'd need to be around 3/4 of a second faster, and do 13-15 laps on each stint on the soft to make it work. Anyway, it's set up to be a magnificent finale!

I liked your earlier comment, Kandi, about Perez cracking up into Hamilton's rear end. Not because I actually like that scenario, but because I think you're bang on in assessing how the first lap - hell, the first corner - will play out. For Hamilton to have a shot, he needs to get through that first corner clean, pull away from Perez and hopefully have Bottas, or even Norris, duke it out with Perez while he moves on to chasing Verstappen.

If Perez can get into a tangle with Hamilton, it leaves Verstappen free to run away and be free of any crash incident controversy. But it's not necessarily a clear shot for Perez on Hamilton with Bottas, Norris and Leclerc nearby and all looking to challenge for Perez' place early on.

If Hamilton can enjoy a clean first couple of laps, strategy will take over and Red Bull have their balls on the line running out early on softs. If Hamilton has a clean first lap and gets free of Perez, he'll be free to push hard on Verstappen and wear his tires out. Of course, that leaves the possibility of Verstappen pitting early and pulling off an undercut to keep the lead. Red Bull have had stellar pit stops all season.

As a Hamilton fan - we share a surname and I despise that German guy he's moved past as the GOAT - I actually prefer having him start behind Verstappen. And I like how the tire strategy is shaping up.

Lord, love a duck. It's a conspiracy theorist's paradise.

Last edited:
I liked your earlier comment, Kandi, about Perez cracking up into Hamilton's rear end. Not because I actually like that scenario, but because I think you're bang on in assessing how the first lap - hell, the first corner - will play out. For Hamilton to have a shot, he needs to get through that first corner clean, pull away from Perez and hopefully have Bottas, or even Norris, duke it out with Perez while he moves on to chasing Verstappen.

If Perez can get into a tangle with Hamilton, it leaves Verstappen free to run away and be free of any crash incident controversy. But it's not necessarily a clear shot for Perez on Hamilton with Bottas, Norris and Leclerc nearby and all looking to challenge for Perez' place early on.

If Hamilton can enjoy a clean first couple of laps, strategy will take over and Red Bull have their balls on the line running out early on softs. If Hamilton has a clean first lap and gets free of Perez, he'll be free to push hard on Verstappen and wear his tires out. Of course, that leaves the possibility of Verstappen pitting early and pulling off an undercut to keep the lead. Red Bull have had stellar pit stops all season.

As a Hamilton fan - we share a surname and I despise that German guy he's moved past as the GOAT - I actually prefer having him start behind Verstappen. And I like how the tire strategy is shaping up.

Lord, love a duck. It's a conspiracy theorist's paradise.
Not sure Max can undercut from the softs. If he puts early he'll have to stop again or be vulnerable at the end, and we've seen how good Hamilton is at making hards last whilst chasing someone down lately.

I agree about Perez. If there's one thing yesterday has shown, it's that you can't shame Perez. He'll give up any pretence of being a racing driver to be Max's number 2.

What goes on with fuel then is verstappen running his car with less or is he just that much faster?

Do they even refuel these days I have no idea I am sorry to say.

What goes on with fuel then is verstappen running his car with less or is he just that much faster?

Do they even refuel these days I have no idea I am sorry to say.
No refueling.

Max was marginally faster but Perez gave him a tow down the straights and abandoned his lap to give him an extra few tenths.

Back