• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

I was wrong. 10 second pen for Max to be served in the last race!

Horner will still be trying to blame Lewis. They will appeal I'm sure.

I think it's 10 seconds off his time in today's race isn't it?

So they've bottled it. Found him guilty but chosen a punishment that has no effect whatsoever.

I think you are right, but when Sky Sports first broke the news they said it would be carried over as it didn't effect today's result.

So he drives like a mad man, incurs 2 separate penalties but loses nothing. Maybe Mercedes will be the ones appealing!

I stayed at the Yas Viceroy hotel a fair few years ago, the truck goes under/through the hotel and you can watch the race from certain points in the hotel. Nowt was happening when I was there of course.

Max has proven today and 2 races ago that he will not let Hamilton pass him without incident. So Lewis will need a grid penalty for Max to keep him away from him otherwise it's inevitable they will clash.

I really want to like Verstappen because he's an excellent driver but he just doesn't play fair.
The most unfair incident of the entire weekend, was Bottas deliberately driving WAY more slowly than allowed during the safety car, allowing Hamilton to race ahead so they could double stack the pit stop. Unbelievable that that did not get a penalty. The really unfair bit is that a penalty to Bottas would still not be enough, as Verstappen would lose out anyway.

The most unfair incident of the entire weekend, was Bottas deliberately driving WAY more slowly than allowed during the safety car, allowing Hamilton to race ahead so they could double stack the pit stop. Unbelievable that that did not get a penalty. The really unfair bit is that a penalty to Bottas would still not be enough, as Verstappen would lose out anyway.

Yeah that was taking the tinkle.

It's the importance of having two good drivers near the front of the race, Max has been badly let down by Perez this season, he's not been a factor.

Something to note for next season, with the penalty points, Max is halfway to a race ban, if he starts 2022 the way he’s finished this year…

Is there any major changes for next season or should we expect another Lewis and Max head to head again?

Is there any major changes for next season or should we expect another Lewis and Max head to head again?

Lots of aero/engine changes originally planned for this year but that were delayed.

It should be the bigger spenders/better run teams at the front still though.

Next year will see the biggest change to the cars since the introduction of the hybrid engines. Many of the teams have basically not upgraded anything this season, but instead focused their resources on next years car.
The focus in the 2022 cars is to get closer races.
Current F1 machines lose 35% of their downforce when running three car lengths behind a leading car, while closing up to one car length (around 10 metres) results in a 47% loss.

The 2022 car reduces those figures to 4% at 20 metres, rising to just 18% at 10 metres.

This will be a total game changer and will certainly allow for closer racing and more overtakes, as you can stay close to the car in front, even in high speed corners.

Tyres will also be bigger (bigger rims and lower profile), to get more mechanical grip, to compensate to loss of aero grip etc.
"Ground effect" underfloor diffusors are also permitted again. Fully shaped underfloor tunnels, rather than the stepped floor used currently, will allow teams to generate large amounts of efficient downforce through ground effect, without spewing out 'dirty' and turbulent air behind the car.

Last edited:
Next year will see the biggest change to the cars since the introduction of the hybrid engines. Many of the teams have basically not upgraded anything this season, but instead focused their resources on next years car.
The focus in the 2022 cars is to get closer races.
Current F1 machines lose 35% of their downforce when running three car lengths behind a leading car, while closing up to one car length (around 10 metres) results in a 47% loss.

The 2022 car reduces those figures to 4% at 20 metres, rising to just 18% at 10 metres.

This will be a total game changer and will certainly allow for closer racing and more overtakes, as you can stay close to the car in front, even in high speed corners.

Tyres will also be bigger (bigger rims and lower profile), to get more mechanical grip, to compensate to loss of aero grip etc.
"Ground effect" underfloor diffusors are also permitted again. Fully shaped underfloor tunnels, rather than the stepped floor used currently, will allow teams to generate large amounts of efficient downforce through ground effect, without spewing out 'dirty' and turbulent air behind the car.
Although as the rule changes are centred around aero, you'd expect Red Bull to come up with better ones than Mercedes.

Although as the rule changes are centred around aero, you'd expect Red Bull to come up with better ones than Mercedes.
I dunno about that. Ground effect cars have been banned since the early eighties, so don't know how much experience any of them have with it. I like radical changes, as it kind of resets the playing field, but the engine, or power pack as they call it, will still play a not insignificant role, and Mercedes still has the best engine, by some margin.
Will be another very interesting season next year.

I dunno about that. Ground effect cars have been banned since the early eighties, so don't know how much experience any of them have with it. I like radical changes, as it kind of resets the playing field, but the engine, or power pack as they call it, will still play a not insignificant role, and Mercedes still has the best engine, by some margin.
Will be another very interesting season next year.

I think Newey worked on that ground effect Red Bull Aston Martin GT car.

I'm all for letting them rip it on the track, and if they have any disagreements, then handle it in the pit lane after the race. All this steward brick is so boring.

So, if Max crunches Lewis on Lap One and the rest of the race is all about human nature, surely Toto will want to put the boots to Christian Horner and Lewis will be chucking knuckles with Max.

Who wins each of these one-v.-one battles?

So, if Max crunches Lewis on Lap One and the rest of the race is all about human nature, surely Toto will want to put the boots to Christian Horner and Lewis will be chucking knuckles with Max.

Who wins each of these one-v.-one battles?
Toto destroys Karen Halliwell every time. Probably just pick him up and throw him.

If Max is anything like his dad he's probably quite handy.

It's been this way for ages. Max happy to take Lewis off the road with the lead he's had. I hope to GHod Lewis wins it on the track but fully expect a dangerous manouvere by Max, putting them both out. Has FIA got the guts to stop that though?

Back