• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Oh, and what an utter steaming turd of a track that is.

I only caught glimpses of the track but I heard them say earlier that it is like combining the fastest track (was it Monza) with the barriers of Monaco! That's mental, why is it so tight?

as dangerous as Max’s positioning was, that Lewis thought there could be a yellow/red flag around the bend contributed

yep, by all means have a fast circuit but have some run off, every corner had the potential of a yellow flag around it, badly thought out

and shouldn’t be racing in SA anyway
As we know all about the £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I only caught glimpses of the track but I heard them say earlier that it is like combining the fastest track (was it Monza) with the barriers of Monaco! That's mental, why is it so tight?
In a country that's over 50% empty space, they decided to build a street track because sport is nothing but a dingdong waving contest to those who run the country.

as dangerous as Max’s positioning was, that Lewis thought there could be a yellow/red flag around the bend contributed
I think the weaving was the real problem. Max isn't required to move aside to let Lewis through, but he can't dive both ways with Lewis closing up like that.

I think the weaving was the real problem. Max isn't required to move aside to let Lewis through, but he can't dive both ways with Lewis closing up like that.

if there is anything in the braking data that shows Max hit the pedal he has to lose every point he’s scored this season, would be the most dangerous move since Schumacher on Villeneueve in 97

if there is anything in the braking data that shows Max hit the pedal he has to lose every point he’s scored this season, would be the most dangerous move since Schumacher on Villeneueve in 97
True, but the onboard doesn't sound like he's braking - unless he did so very gently.

I think he's come off the gas quickly (same effect in terms of safety) but will sneak past a ban because of not actually touching the brake.

Max has proven today and 2 races ago that he will not let Hamilton pass him without incident. So Lewis will need a grid penalty for Max to keep him away from him otherwise it's inevitable they will clash.

I really want to like Verstappen because he's an excellent driver but he just doesn't play fair.

Red Bull are hard to like too, Horner is a monumental prick.

Max has proven today and 2 races ago that he will not let Hamilton pass him without incident. So Lewis will need a grid penalty for Max to keep him away from him otherwise it's inevitable they will clash.

I really want to like Verstappen because he's an excellent driver but he just doesn't play fair.

It's gonna be strange if the race is an anti climax after this whole season we've had, just imagine if one of them gets pole and just leads from start to finish.

Was he always a prick, even back in the day? I don't follow closely enough.

Yeah, he had a very sudden rise, and to give him due credit, RB did under him too, but Max isn’t the first driver he let get away with too much flimflam, Vettel was the same.

You can see why Hamilton was hesitant to go past him.

My assumption would have been Max trying to run me off the track or a mechanical failure. No loss in slowing as if it were the latter Max would be stopping anyway.

As much as it's brilliantly set up for the final race, the FIA should be taking retrospective action against Verstappen for his actions in that race. He's putting Hamilton's life in danger with every race. The final will be even worse.

You can see why Hamilton was hesitant to go past him.

My assumption would have been Max trying to run me off the track or a mechanical failure. No loss in slowing as if it were the latter Max would be stopping anyway.

Exactly what I thought. Hamilton had every right to be suspicious. Max was just meandering in the middle of the track, he would have pulled to one side if he was serious about letting Hamilton through.

I reckon the stewards will let it go though. They will say no clear blame to either party as the fall out will be massive if they punish just one of them.

Back