• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2023/24

So we play Brentford first game of the season, that is not good. It makes sense for them to drag out the Raya signing until after that match if we do not offer them the money thay want.

After that match they might be more amenable to lower their asking price. They could do that just to make things difficult for us and I would not blame them.

They have signed a replacement GK already. Absolutely no reason to draw it out a couple of months because we play them

Plenty of teams get “easy” starts and drop points. Promoted teams often spring a surprise for the first few games and beat top sides, top sides are bedding in new players and don’t hit the ground running etc. There’s nothing guaranteed in football

With the exception that just when you think Tottenham can’t humiliate or disappoint you any more than they have, they find a new and inventive path to spectacular, glorious failure.

Regardless of whether one feels easier starts matter or is there even a thing as an easier start, the point of interest is how can the configuration that produces the fixtures even give an output that sees a team start and finish away and have three of their opening four games away.

Its just incredibly weird and apart from teams having several games away at the beginning to facilitate a stadium move, I would guess with some confidence it has never happened before in English top flight history.

Regardless of whether one feels easier starts matter or is there even a thing as an easier start, the point of interest is how can the configuration that produces the fixtures even give an output that sees a team start and finish away and have three of their opening four games away.

Its just incredibly weird and apart from teams having several games away at the beginning to facilitate a stadium move, I would guess with some confidence it has never happened before in English top flight history.

Have to feel for Forest. Arsenal, United and Chelsea away in their first 4 games...brutal start

Have to feel for Forest. Arsenal, United and Chelsea away in their first 4 games...brutal start

Yep lose that by a combined 15-0 and that is bound to have an effect in the home game after.

They should massively park the bus in all three to keep the scores down and in doing so prevent their confidence from being shattered.

Also they start and finish away so not just us this has happened to.

Question remains why has the configuration in how the fixtures are produced this time around been able to produce this outcome. It makes no sense.

I definitely think they could at least configure it so if your first game is away your last game is at home (and vise versa)....that can't be beyond the super computer.

I definitely think they could at least configure it so if your first game is away your last game is at home (and vise versa)....that can't be beyond the super computer.

I think that basically used to be the case with Woolwich (rather than us) something like 8 times out of every 10 seasons getting to start the season at home.

They have clearly done some new reconfiguration however, that allows this new weird output.

Watch it become the new normal with again Woolwich (rather than us) having it go in their favour something like 8 times of 10.

In fact my guess is this new weird configuration wont happen every season, I reckon it will come up 1 in every 3 seasons and every single time it will be in Woolwich’s favour. We might get it once in the next 5 times it happens if that.

With the supposed 5-weeks notice for fixture changes, has anyone seen a list of TV fixture change dates ?

With the supposed 5-weeks notice for fixture changes, has anyone seen a list of TV fixture change dates ?

The first round has been sorted. Beyond that?

The Premier League has committed to giving supporters a minimum of six weeks’ notice (from the first match in the relevant month) on broadcast selections until December 2023, and five weeks’ from January 2024 until Match Round 37.

The first round has been sorted. Beyond that?

The Premier League has committed to giving supporters a minimum of six weeks’ notice (from the first match in the relevant month) on broadcast selections until December 2023, and five weeks’ from January 2024 until Match Round 37.

Is the switch to a rolling '6 week', or periodic 'with 6 week minimum' ?

Only asking ...

Would be nice to know when the United game is
5.30pm Saturday would be awesome from a tinkle up perspective
Will no doubt be 3am Monday morning or something

Back