• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

Season tickets were readily available to anyone as recently as 2004. Members could get tickets for most home games the season before last. The final season at the Lane has skewed the perceived demand IMO. I think a lot of people on the 'waiting list' only ever wanted to be members.

Was going to say exactly this. A lot of people seem to assume that the supply/demand issues of very recent years at White Hart Lane was/is a permanent thing. I doubt that this will be so. I remember ringing up & buying my ST like it was yesterday, no waiting list, no nothing. I also remember sitting in WHL with 000's of empty seats for competitive games not all that long ago...

I think that the club have 'marketed' the situation superbly, and I'm not criticising them for that in any way - they absolutely need to be looking to maximise revenues. But anybody looking at the current situation and viewing it as a genuine waiting list is being hoodwinked by the marketing IMO.

I'm now a season ticket holder y'all. Section 223, yes it's expensive but for a season like this one will be...I'm there!

Not buying a season ticket.... but been a bronze member for over 12 years or so, i can't see anything in writing over that period of time in any membership packages then or in the last year that buying a season ticket at Wembley will get you preferential treatment in getting a season ticket at the new ground,i thought i was on the waiting list for a place in a new stand or stands at WHL or in the last few years a new ground ...........was 5900 on the list,GHod knows where i will end up now.

End of the day always able to get tickets because i put the effort in getting them,even last year so it shouldn't be hard work getting something still next year but still think been taken for a ride on being on a waiting list and at the last minute been told (well not told because no one has said anything really) that we've thrown in a new condition in at the last minute.

How have you been on the list for 12 years and not offered one? I joined in 2007 and got offered one 3 seasons ago - that is madness.

Was going to say exactly this. A lot of people seem to assume that the supply/demand issues of very recent years at White Hart Lane was/is a permanent thing. I doubt that this will be so. I remember ringing up & buying my ST like it was yesterday, no waiting list, no nothing. I also remember sitting in WHL with 000's of empty seats for competitive games not all that long ago...

I think that the club have 'marketed' the situation superbly, and I'm not criticising them for that in any way - they absolutely need to be looking to maximise revenues. But anybody looking at the current situation and viewing it as a genuine waiting list is being hoodwinked by the marketing IMO.

I think they create artificial demand. After all there isn't an extra 55,000 season tickets and yet they say that anyone positioned 1-55,000 in the waiting list will get chance to buy season ticket which is an eye opening statement.

Kat Law from the THST was on the recent TFC podcast. Wembley ticketing was discussed in some detail. One of the things she said is that the club have never surveyed members to understand why they chose Bronze over Lilywhite membership (and why would they, when it is useful to be able to say we have over "xxk" on our waiting list). For some , the choice of Bronze might be getting on the ST list; for others it might be the priority window for buying tickets; for others still it might be access to the multi-game packages; and maybe other reasons.
So getting a ST might be of little interest to many Bronze members. Add to this the fact that the timing might simply be wrong for some people. Plus with only a window of a day or so to buy, there will be some who miss the email.
Hence the offers getting so far down the waiting list.

Not buying a season ticket.... but been a bronze member for over 12 years or so, i can't see anything in writing over that period of time in any membership packages then or in the last year that buying a season ticket at Wembley will get you preferential treatment in getting a season ticket at the new ground,i thought i was on the waiting list for a place in a new stand or stands at WHL or in the last few years a new ground ...........was 5900 on the list,GHod knows where i will end up now.
End of the day always able to get tickets because i put the effort in getting them,even last year so it shouldn't be hard work getting something still next year but still think been taken for a ride on being on a waiting list and at the last minute been told (well not told because no one has said anything really) that we've thrown in a new condition in at the last minute.

I don't there there is any preferential treatment, just standard practice, nor any last minute new conditions. You buy a season ticket to watch Spurs. Wherever our home ground might be. Once you have committed, then you are a ST holder for as long as you continue to renew each year. The fact that one season is at Wembley is irrelevant.

Kat Law from the THST was on the recent TFC podcast. Wembley ticketing was discussed in some detail. One of the things she said is that the club have never surveyed members to understand why they chose Bronze over Lilywhite membership (and why would they, when it is useful to be able to say we have over "xxk" on our waiting list). For some , the choice of Bronze might be getting on the ST list; for others it might be the priority window for buying tickets; for others still it might be access to the multi-game packages; and maybe other reasons.
So getting a ST might be of little interest to many Bronze members. Add to this the fact that the timing might simply be wrong for some people. Plus with only a window of a day or so to buy, there will be some who miss the email.
Hence the offers getting so far down the waiting list.

I don't there there is any preferential treatment, just standard practice, nor any last minute new conditions. You buy a season ticket to watch Spurs. Wherever our home ground might be. Once you have committed, then you are a ST holder for as long as you continue to renew each year. The fact that one season is at Wembley is irrelevant.

Eh???.....it is if you don't but a season ticket for Wembley,it'll affect your place on the list for the new ground....for example if im 6000 on the waiting list ,5000 people infront of me buy a season ticket im up to 1000,and since the club have said they want to sell 18k season tickets for Wembley the 13000 behind me can buy a ticket as well and if they all do... I'm 19000 on the waiting list now for the new stadium because i didn't buy a season ticket list for Wembley. The blurb we got in the last few years that the club are going to build a 60k/61k stadium meaning extra season tickets for the new stadium,where i was in the position to buy one next year not this year.

Obviously we can work the maths out,no one needs to tell you, if there are currently 18k season ticket holders for the old ground, with a 6lk stadium you know your in a very good chance of getting a season ticket for the new ground if your quite high in the waiting list,where i kept paying my dues to be in that position.

If we had gone down the route of MK Dons,this scenario wouldn't have taken place and it be the season ticket holders would have been the one's up in arms due to lack of seats at the ground and that everyone else will still be in the same place in the waiting list or perhaps gone down a few thousand but still given priority.

Maybe the better way to do it was to release build your own multi match packs/ or more of the standard ones they currently do.

So technicaly not a season ticket

If he is 48000 in the list

By the time this process has gone through he would be 30000 (club said 18000 new)

With the normal attrition being 1000 a year apparently (mentioned above but seems high to me). That's 30 years to wait if my logic is correct
Your logic isn't correct. It's about 1000 a year now. With twice as many people having season tickets, the turnover will rise as well, to at least 2000 a year. I think it will be more. There are a LOT of people all over different place in Europe who have now bought season tickets. A lot of them won't go to half of the games. And because it will be easier to get tickets overall, it won't be such high demand for tickets from ST holders on sale, so there's no financial incentive to be a ST holder for these. They'll probably keep it for a while, but not retain it for years and years. Would not be surprised to see turnover in excess of 3000 after the two-three first years at NWHL, then slowly going down as more of "local" fans get hold of them.

Your logic isn't correct. It's about 1000 a year now. With twice as many people having season tickets, the turnover will rise as well, to at least 2000 a year. I think it will be more. There are a LOT of people all over different place in Europe who have now bought season tickets. A lot of them won't go to half of the games. And because it will be easier to get tickets overall, it won't be such high demand for tickets from ST holders on sale, so there's no financial incentive to be a ST holder for these. They'll probably keep it for a while, but not retain it for years and years. Would not be surprised to see turnover in excess of 3000 after the two-three first years at NWHL, then slowly going down as more of "local" fans get hold of them.

You really think there are people all over Europe who have brought them?

From what I've seen and heard on twitter etx... it seems to be people making the most of the fact they were lower on the list big one is available. I know of 4 lads who have brought them and are already trying to sell them on for a chunk of games as they can't make them (different games). I also know a couple looking to sell their tickets for the whole season as they wanted them just to get the away season ticket

You really think there are people all over Europe who have brought them?

From what I've seen and heard on twitter etx... it seems to be people making the most of the fact they were lower on the list big one is available. I know of 4 lads who have brought them and are already trying to sell them on for a chunk of games as they can't make them (different games). I also know a couple looking to sell their tickets for the whole season as they wanted them just to get the away season ticket
I don't think. I know! And It won't be as easy as last year for ST holders to sell their tickets. Think quite a few won't renew.

Bloody foreigners!

Maybe the better way to do it was to release build your own multi match packs/ or more of the standard ones they currently do.

So technicaly not a season ticket

Should have sold one-off season long packages to everyone on the waiting list and then offered genuine season tickets according to your position when moving in to the new ground - this situation of having to buy a season ticket this year if you're wanting one next season is unfair imo (regardless of the counter arguments made re paying to watch Spurs not ground dependant) ESPECIALLY when the window to buy one is so small for people further down the list - I imagine a lot of people on the WL aren't the types to check their emails every day and have potentially missed their chance

Should have sold one-off season long packages to everyone on the waiting list and then offered genuine season tickets according to your position when moving in to the new ground - this situation of having to buy a season ticket this year if you're wanting one next season is unfair imo (regardless of the counter arguments made re paying to watch Spurs not ground dependant) ESPECIALLY when the window to buy one is so small for people further down the list - I imagine a lot of people on the WL aren't the types to check their emails every day and have potentially missed their chance
Basically this.

The reason it didn't happen this way is the carrot of the potential to jump people in the list along with the premise that 'if you buy this year.....you're in for next year' was simply a revenue and seat filling exercise.

Basically this.

The reason it didn't happen this way is the carrot of the potential to jump people in the list along with the premise that 'if you buy this year.....you're in for next year' was simply a revenue and seat filling exercise.

To be fair though, if they didn't do it the ground would be half empty judging by how far down the list of season ticket holders they have had to go!!!!

It's such a different ball game selling out vs Chelsea say a Burnley at Wembley

To be fair though, if they didn't do it the ground would be half empty judging by how far down the list of season ticket holders they have had to go!!!!

It's such a different ball game selling out vs Chelsea say a Burnley at Wembley

Do a 2 4 1 with the challenge cup final, Northerners love league

You may be right, however Everton are the " peoples club" on Merseyside and have always had a good following among the locals. As i have said before i think Everton are in a good place at the moment and could well get better.

Only thing I would say is that
Everton have spent £90m and yet their players have only got 1 season experience in the premier league (Pickford and Keane), 1 season in the Belgian league, 1 season away from Barca and a player who has played his whole career on a poor Dutch league

Their throwing the cash around but it feels likes a Bale scenario like we had except their starting much further back

Back