• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

My son is 2 1/2 and a bronze member and just been offered a ST despite being 48,000 in queue! He's clearly far too young to go....by about 5 years but I could get it and then use it for my stepson who is 10 but I dont think he'd want to go to every game to make it worthwhile even at £310.

I'd prefer to decline this time and wait (quite) a few years to be offered one again in the NWHL rather than take it for this year and then decide that we can't/don't want to renew for next season and then have to go back to the bottom of the list.

If he is 48000 in the list

By the time this process has gone through he would be 30000 (club said 18000 new)

With the normal attrition being 1000 a year apparently (mentioned above but seems high to me). That's 30 years to wait if my logic is correct

Season tickets were readily available to anyone as recently as 2004. Members could get tickets for most home games the season before last. The final season at the Lane has skewed the perceived demand IMO. I think a lot of people on the 'waiting list' only ever wanted to be members.

I think it's was 04 when I got mine

Could pick where we wanted to sit no problems

I don't really have an issue with this as such - it's more the case of the people turning them down staying on the list in the same position.

That would be the fairest way

All the people previously ahead of me & others will now have to wait longer - but you'e happy because they are still in the same place on the list.

From my view, there should be no guarantee of a ST at WHL for such as I - maybe a 1 in 5 lottery once you've committed to stay. That would lessen the impact on those who were maybe 40,000 ahead.

All the people previously ahead of me & others will now have to wait longer - but you'e happy because they are still in the same place on the list.

From my view, there should be no guarantee of a ST at WHL for such as I - maybe a 1 in 5 lottery once you've committed to stay. That would lessen the impact on those who were maybe 40,000 ahead.

Don't forget that everyone declining one now moves up the list as there will be 18000 people gone from the list so to speak

They only move up if someone taking a seat was ahead of them, otherwise they effectively drop back while retaining the same number.

So long as people realise what is happening to them, and that they were warned, then we're all OK. However, I expect there will be a lot of whinging at the lockout for new WHL and (given hoped-for successes) some years after.

Yeah there not pushing people back
Just leaving them where they were which would now be higher but they have no chance at the new ground as o can't see anyone buying for Wembley not buying for the ground

I can only see 1/2000 max - from people who sadly won't be around to see the new ground and people who's lives drastically change - job loss/child etc

When you join a list you know when you get offered a ticket you may not be in the position to take it.

What should the club do - not sell a season ticket on the chance you could do it next season....

They only move up if someone taking a seat was ahead of them, otherwise they effectively drop back while retaining the same number.

So long as people realise what is happening to them, and that they were warned, then we're all OK. However, I expect there will be a lot of whinging at the lockout for new WHL and (given hoped-for successes) some years after.
Why would they be dropping back??

A lot of people will find themselves leap-frogged by those who were years away, and they are likely to retain them for years. I can't help thinking this is a Levy 'put your money where your mouth is' to fans who spout loyalty.

If it is i see nothing wrong with that, those who are not taking up the offer of a ticket now have to accept that they will maybe lose the chance they signed up for. IE a ST to watch the team they support.

Why would they be dropping back??

Because I have just jumped the queue (or when OS allows access) and they will have to wait longer. If someone is happy being no. 10,000 on the list while everyone else gets a seat, then they'll be happy 'not dropping back'

We could still have 30-40k on the waiting list before next season, but there will be more tickets available for members, so less reason for being on the list for the extra bronze priority window. For the first couple of seasons I think turnover will be low, but after that it depends on how successful we are. A couple of seasons in mid table and a lot of fair weathers will give up theirs, but if you were 20,000th or lower on the list after this summer I wouldn't expect another offer for at least a decade.

You mean the "Johnny come lately's " who pin their tails to a club that become successful? I wonder what club they will align themselves too next.

Because I have just jumped the queue (or when OS allows access) and they will have to wait longer. If someone is happy being no. 10,000 on the list while everyone else gets a seat, then they'll be happy 'not dropping back'

That doesn't make sense mathematically As people ahead of them will have gone so their number will be lower

Not arguing you will have jumped ahead but if you were say 20000 previous and the first 10000 took their option, you would now be 10000 so nearter to getting a seaon ticket

Am number 50328 on waiting list and received email to apply yesterday. Have just logged on and get message about payment before a 'thanks for waiting' message but nothing else not even the usual wheel of despair. Is this the typical Spurs ticket office efficiency!

Am number 50328 on waiting list and received email to apply yesterday. Have just logged on and get message about payment before a 'thanks for waiting' message but nothing else not even the usual wheel of despair. Is this the typical Spurs ticket office efficiency!

Some of it is Wembley.

It will appear, but you'll need to bag a ticket quickly, as I was chasing central expensive ones but got beaten to the punch - ended up plumping for behind goal - cheaper, mid-'home crowd', quicker egress for train to deepest Sussex.

Season tickets were readily available to anyone as recently as 2004. Members could get tickets for most home games the season before last. The final season at the Lane has skewed the perceived demand IMO. I think a lot of people on the 'waiting list' only ever wanted to be members.

I agree in principal, but if we're talking season tickets rather than individual games then the waiting list has still been there for over 10 years, rather than just the last season at old WHL. Even at the begining of last season StubHub tickets and Friday returns were pretty easy to pick up, before the countdown started and demand got higher.

I was also one of those people who signed up to bronze to buy the 4 game ticket packs rather than a season ticket, but given the chance I took it.

I'm sure a higher capacity will mean more people giving up tickets each year, but having a resale system that gives cash rather than a credit for next year may encourage people to keep them and pick their games. We're also a more successful team now than 10-15 years ago, so I can't see demand dropping too far.

Last edited:
Some of it is Wembley.

It will appear, but you'll need to bag a ticket quickly, as I was chasing central expensive ones but got beaten to the punch - ended up plumping for behind goal - cheaper, mid-'home crowd', quicker egress for train to deepest Sussex.

Thanks, will keep on waiting. Frustrating though to not even see the wheel this time, even though it usually moves desperately slowly!

When you join a list you know when you get offered a ticket you may not be in the position to take it.

What should the club do - not sell a season ticket on the chance you could do it next season....

Not buying a season ticket.... but been a bronze member for over 12 years or so, i can't see anything in writing over that period of time in any membership packages then or in the last year that buying a season ticket at Wembley will get you preferential treatment in getting a season ticket at the new ground,i thought i was on the waiting list for a place in a new stand or stands at WHL or in the last few years a new ground ...........was 5900 on the list,GHod knows where i will end up now.

End of the day always able to get tickets because i put the effort in getting them,even last year so it shouldn't be hard work getting something still next year but still think been taken for a ride on being on a waiting list and at the last minute been told (well not told because no one has said anything really) that we've thrown in a new condition in at the last minute.

Not buying a season ticket.... but been a bronze member for over 12 years or so, i can't see anything in writing over that period of time in any membership packages then or in the last year that buying a season ticket at Wembley will get you preferential treatment in getting a season ticket at the new ground,i thought i was on the waiting list for a place in a new stand or stands at WHL or in the last few years a new ground ...........was 5900 on the list,GHod knows where i will end up now.

End of the day always able to get tickets because i put the effort in getting them,even last year so it shouldn't be hard work getting something still next year but still think been taken for a ride on being on a waiting list and at the last minute been told (well not told because no one has said anything really) that we've thrown in a new condition in at the last minute.

Was it ever claimed that the waiting list was for the new stadium? What you signed up for was a season ticket to watch Spurs.

Back