• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2017/18

Seems a lot of people are turning them down for a number of reasons.

I hope they are not penalised when it comes to the new ground.

Ok cheers, I think some of them will struggle to get tickets with the other Brighton fans and might try and get tickets on the general market. Ours is the match they most want to go to, well that and Palace. Which promises to be proper tasty......

Palace is midweek as well - good work...

Gutted Brighton is midweek.

On the away attendance I hope we do cap it at 3k we don't want an away atmosphere.

Seems a lot of people are turning them down for a number of reasons.

I hope they are not penalised when it comes to the new ground.

A lot of people will find themselves leap-frogged by those who were years away, and they are likely to retain them for years. I can't help thinking this is a Levy 'put your money where your mouth is' to fans who spout loyalty.

A lot of people will find themselves leap-frogged by those who were years away, and they are likely to retain them for years. I can't help thinking this is a Levy 'put your money where your mouth is' to fans who spout loyalty.

Exactly

It's what I said all along. Basically if you don't buy one now your very very unlikely to get one for a long time at the new WHL

And who wants to be at Wembley

I don't really have an issue with this as such - it's more the case of the people turning them down staying on the list in the same position.

That would be the fairest way

I don't really have an issue with this as such - it's more the case of the people turning them down staying on the list in the same position.

Everyone still on the list will remain in the same positions relative to each other. Can't see more than a couple of thousand up for grabs next season. For those getting offers now it's almost a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Is this not what is happening?

As I've said previously, I caved and took up the "offer" because I was worried about getting a ticket in the new stadium but at 350 on the list I'm pretty sure I would have been offered one. That said I want one in the new south stand and I'm not convinced that would have been an option on offer. Tbh I'm still not convinced I'll necessarily be guaranteed the choice of a ticket there :rolleyes:

Wembley's not (and was never going to be) ideal on all sorts of levels but who knows, we may come to love it.

Exactly

It's what I said all along. Basically if you don't buy one now your very very unlikely to get one for a long time at the new WHL

And who wants to be at Wembley
I think the turnover in Seasontickets will be much higher in the new stadium. In Previous years, the turnover has been between 800-1000 season tickets each year. With the much added capacity, I think that will more than double. There will be a higher number of more "casual" fans who buy a season ticket now, but then realise that they don't use it as much as they thought and so on. So if you are say 10 000 on the waiting list after this season, I think you'll be in with a shout to get a season ticket in a couple of years.

Everyone still on the list will remain in the same positions relative to each other. Can't see more than a couple of thousand up for grabs next season. For those getting offers now it's almost a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Best way to club could do it then.

Club won't win what ever they do it this situation.

Most important thing is making sure we don't have empty seats next year will make the situation worse.

Is this not what is happening?

As I've said previously, I caved and took up the "offer" because I was worried about getting a ticket in the new stadium but at 350 on the list I'm pretty sure I would have been offered one. That said I want one in the new south stand and I'm not convinced that would have been an option on offer. Tbh I'm still not convinced I'll necessarily be guaranteed the choice of a ticket there :rolleyes:

Wembley's not (and was never going to be) ideal on all sorts of levels but who knows, we may come to love it.

I think they will do the same as this year and allocate you a seat based on previous season ticket locations, then give the new season ticket ticket holders a chance to move to what's left

Only issue will be no more loyalty point differences for new seaon ticket holders which may make prioritising a problem

Season tickets were readily available to anyone as recently as 2004. Members could get tickets for most home games the season before last. The final season at the Lane has skewed the perceived demand IMO. I think a lot of people on the 'waiting list' only ever wanted to be members.

My son is 2 1/2 and a bronze member and just been offered a ST despite being 48,000 in queue! He's clearly far too young to go....by about 5 years but I could get it and then use it for my stepson who is 10 but I dont think he'd want to go to every game to make it worthwhile even at £310.

I'd prefer to decline this time and wait (quite) a few years to be offered one again in the NWHL rather than take it for this year and then decide that we can't/don't want to renew for next season and then have to go back to the bottom of the list.

Season tickets were readily available to anyone as recently as 2004. Members could get tickets for most home games the season before last. The final season at the Lane has skewed the perceived demand IMO. I think a lot of people on the 'waiting list' only ever wanted to be members.

We could still have 30-40k on the waiting list before next season, but there will be more tickets available for members, so less reason for being on the list for the extra bronze priority window. For the first couple of seasons I think turnover will be low, but after that it depends on how successful we are. A couple of seasons in mid table and a lot of fair weathers will give up theirs, but if you were 20,000th or lower on the list after this summer I wouldn't expect another offer for at least a decade.

I agree. If we had a downturn there would be no problem for anyone (even a non-member) being able to pick one up. The other thing is in the old stadium a ST was a valuable item in that you could 'earn' money off it. I don't see that at the new stadium as there will be so more tickets floating around on re-sale. Members shouldn't have a problem buying any game via the usual channel or re-sale channel.

Away tickets distribution is the interesting one.......3,000 allocation, 40000 ST holders and 8000 corporates (i think) to share them amongst.

Back