• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

They have been postponing the early closure when theres an event on at Wembley, so this will likely be the case for the CL games too. But I dont care as I live in Uxbridge :)

No probs for us too. Any trips to Wembley, always park at Hillingdon Interchange. 2 mins and you're on the M40 back home

I've had a read back through several pages of this thread, but am still very confused as to how the ticketing system is going to work next year. So is someone able to help me out here…

I am a Lilywhite member and have a Jnr Spurs membership for my 12 yr old daughter too. I usually have no problem with the online tickets as I get on there early and choose not to be too picky with my seats, providing they're next to each other of course. More often than not i'm in Paxton Upper or Park Lane.

Is that all academic now as I hear every game is going to be done via a ballot?
Also, how will they solve the issue of adults who have to sit with their children? She clearly can't win a ticket if i don't.
Does this mean the extra day priority for Bronze over Lilywhite becomes academic also?

Looked at the OS but can't find any explanation as to how this will work. And as many posters have pointed out - the main point of the membership is to give you a far greater chance of buying tickets. If that is now removed why am I paying £40+ for it!?!!?

I've had a read back through several pages of this thread, but am still very confused as to how the ticketing system is going to work next year. So is someone able to help me out here…

I am a Lilywhite member and have a Jnr Spurs membership for my 12 yr old daughter too. I usually have no problem with the online tickets as I get on there early and choose not to be too picky with my seats, providing they're next to each other of course. More often than not i'm in Paxton Upper or Park Lane.

Also, how will they solve the issue of adults who have to sit with their children? She clearly can't win a ticket if i don't.
Does this mean the extra day priority for Bronze over Lilywhite becomes academic also?

Looked at the OS but can't find any explanation as to how this will work. And as many posters have pointed out - the main point of the membership is to give you a far greater chance of buying tickets. If that is now removed why am I paying £40+ for it!?!!?

Exactly.

I know people are saying, its only for one season, but the point still stands. What priority are Bronzies now paying for?

But what you say is all correct, the club are being very quiet with how all this will work. People who try and book flights/train/hotels in advance have eveb less time now, as we all have to wait longer to find if we have been successful.
Also as somebody correctly pointed out it could happen, although highly unlikely, a Bronze member who went regularly for the last 5 years, could apply for a ticket for all 13 matches which go to ballot and not be successful in any. Whereas a Johnny-come-lately could be successful with his first application.

My understanding : the 9.30am sale time goes away, and with it the "first come first served" element. Instead there's a ballot which I imagine would follow a similar process to that of the Away ticket allocation, where you have a deadline of xx number of days to apply.

The priority day for Bronze members goes away.

Regarding you and your daughter - you can apply as part of a group. My reading of it is that if you are lucky in the ballot, those in your group will be too. (I make this assumption based on the club's statement where they say that the number of people that can be applied for in a group will be restricted - and this number will be announced closer to the date of the first application period, once they know the final seat availability. Also applications will be restricted to one per member,so you could not apply for your and your daughter, and she also apply for herself and you - i.e. you can't have the same people covered by multiple group applications).
Where it is (even) less clear is how the seating allocation will work. I think you choose an area and/or a price point but I can only assume that if you are successful in the ballot for the chosen area, the club/system will allocate the actual seats.

You will need your membership more than ever next season - as without it you will not be able to enter the ballot. And without entering the ballot, there is zero chance of getting a ticket (outside of Stubhub or other non-club-approved means).

This is the link to the announcement on the OS : http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/club/announcement/ticket-sales-for-one-hotspur-members-310516/

I know people are saying, its only for one season, but the point still stands. What priority are Bronzies now paying for?

You keep your place on the Season Ticket Waiting List. That's the only advantage I can see. In fact I recall in the THST meeting notes, where they had lobbied to have the price reduced because of the priority window being lost, the club cited the season ticket waiting list as being reflected in the higher price.

The above is my take on it all, fwiw. Admittedly a few assumptions in there. I can imagine it is quite complex to pin down all the details but I will be glad when they can make more info available.

I don't see how a ballot is fair at all. For members, the system has always revolved around first come first served. It wasn't ideal, but it's the same for most big gigs, festivals, theatre shows etc etc. If you want to go that much, make yourself (or a friend) available to get a bloody ticket when they come on sale.

How the hell is having an application period, that then takes no account for loyalty points, a fairer system?? Whether it's for one season or not!

It's basically an admission that the poxy system won't be able to cope with the demand! And yet, surely there'll be the same number of people applying all season as usual, just less seats to distribute around.

I for one would rather take my chances on the system knowing I was the one in control of where i sit, than have some back end ballot system sort it!

At the very least they should've allowed a scheme where you can't win more than, say, 5 games all season. That would at least give us all a fair shout.

Last edited:
Personally I think if you have been a member for say 3-5 years+ you should be guaranteed at least one home game.The quality of the opposition depending on loyalty points.Any tickets left then going to the later members.Stub hub shouldn't be an option this season or for the last few games at least.A season ticket holder who can't make it to the last game should just have the ticket re-allocated via highest loyalty points .

I don't see how a ballot is fair at all. For members, the system has always revolved around first come first served. It wasn't ideal, but it's the same for most big gigs, festivals, theatre shows etc etc. If you want to go that much, make yourself (or a friend) available to get a bloody ticket when they come on sale.

How the hell is having an application period, that then takes no account for loyalty points, a fairer system?? Whether it's for one season or not!

It's basically an admission that the poxy system won't be able to cope with the demand! And yet, surely there'll be the same number of people applying all season as usual, just less seats to distribute around.

I for one would rather take my chances on the system knowing I was the one in control of where i sit, than have some back end ballot system sort it!

At the very least they should've allowed a scheme where you can't win more than, say, 5 games all season. That would at least give us all a fair shout.
^This, plus you can't pick your seating area, or if you do your chances of getting a ticket diminish greatly.

As soon as they knew what was happening, they should have stopped selling memberships, and kept the old system. And as said above, cancel Stubhub for the season (if not forever).

From the OS
As announced last month, the impact of stadium construction works in the North East corner will reduce the overall capacity of the Lane by approximately 4,000.
The maximum away ticket allocation will, therefore, be reduced to between 2,336 and 2,467 dependent on the category of the match and the consequent segregation requirements.

Good news that at least it wont be 4000 less home fans in the ground each week

From the OS
As announced last month, the impact of stadium construction works in the North East corner will reduce the overall capacity of the Lane by approximately 4,000.
The maximum away ticket allocation will, therefore, be reduced to between 2,336 and 2,467 dependent on the category of the match and the consequent segregation requirements.

Good news that at least it wont be 4000 less home fans in the ground each week

This makes the whole ballot thing even more of a bloody farce!! So we're down by approx 3,300 home fans seats right?? That's 9% of the ground capacity, a small amount to be honest.

That level of drop off in numbers seriously doesn't warrant the drastic change in availability of tickets via a ballot IMO.
If you want a ticket that bad, make sure you or a friend etc is available to try for one when they come on sale. If you're not, pick one up later and run the risk of the better seats being sold / sold out as a result of 3k+ less available. I'm guessing it's a minority of people who aren't ready and waiting when on-sale day arrives, so why make everyone suffer with a bloody ballot??!!

As you can tell, i'm rather angry about this. And for the club not to give a reduction membership fees for a season to compensate is just a further kick in the balls!

This makes the whole ballot thing even more of a bloody farce!! So we're down by approx 3,300 home fans seats right?? That's 9% of the ground capacity, a small amount to be honest.

That level of drop off in numbers seriously doesn't warrant the drastic change in availability of tickets via a ballot IMO.
If you want a ticket that bad, make sure you or a friend etc is available to try for one when they come on sale. If you're not, pick one up later and run the risk of the better seats being sold / sold out as a result of 3k+ less available. I'm guessing it's a minority of people who aren't ready and waiting when on-sale day arrives, so why make everyone suffer with a bloody ballot??!!

As you can tell, i'm rather angry about this. And for the club not to give a reduction membership fees for a season to compensate is just a further kick in the balls!

Would have been nice instead of all the bumf the club sends you in your membership pack,the endless tie pins,badges,fridge magnets and the pointless 10%voucher to spend in the shop if you spend £40,we've recieved over the years and to compensate on the change of benefits this year,why not send us an exclusive polo shirt or something for being a member with the year on it you joined or if they are going to send vouchers out something like 50% off a home shirt. To be honest i would just like a new members card and something to wear thats it forget all the rest of the crrap they send..........though i do like my birthday card i get off Poch every year.

Back