• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

First round television picks:

Arsenal - Liverpool will be the opener or Sunday 4pm.
City, Chelsea and United will all be on because of their new manager/general Sky love fest.
Decent chance we might get the last spot (probably on Monday as well) unless they go for Hull vs Leicester (yawn).

I won't be surprised we be on Monday night for the opener.....looks like i'm going to the cricket for my weekender up in London then,drat!!

Tuesday night down in Swansea...good chance for a ticket hopefully and most probably Bournemouth at home for my last game at the Lane got no chance of a ticket afterwards.

This fixture list draw is a farse! We have to play all 19 teams twice? It's a disgrace and clearly a conspiracy against us! :rolleyes:

And half of our games are away. Outrageous.

Away tickets will probably be hard to come by this season as everyone tries to build up their LPs for the Cat A games (should there even be any left for regular members).

Liverpool have a p!ss easy run in. With no European football all season I think they will be a threat to the top 4 positions.
Does it matter? All teams have to play each other twice and the timing (playing a team that's in form, for example) is what is more important and that's something we can't know at this point. Also, what opponents teams with European football have before and after their European games.

First round television picks:

Arsenal - Liverpool will be the opener or Sunday 4pm.
City, Chelsea and United will all be on because of their new manager/general Sky love fest.
Decent chance we might get the last spot (probably on Monday as well) unless they go for Hull vs Leicester (yawn).

I think Sky might do a double-header Arsenal/Liverpool followed by Everton/Spurs or vice versa, and have it as a North London v Merseyside Super Sunday

That pairing seems to happen most seasons recently.

Yes. Sometimes see United v Arsenal and City v Totttenham or United/Tottenham and City/Arsenal weekends and very often saw Tottenham/Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Arsenal

I suppose it makes it easier for organising fixtures when you have 'pairs' where one team has to be away while the other is at home
Arsenal/Tottenham
Everton/Liverpool
City/United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland
There are probably a few more in the PL fixture computer that go unnoticed. Not sure but think WBA and Villa never used to be at home in the same round of fixtures

Tradition is to have the Champions live on TV during the opening weekend but that will surely be tested with Hull v Leicester.

Don't particularly like being the first team to play but would prefer midday Saturday kick off or any other TV time as have a surprise family party in the evening and difficult to get back from Liverpool at a reasonable hour if 3pm.

You play everyone twice. Look at our final 4 fixtures last season; WBA home, Chelscum away, Soton home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away. At least 3 of those on paper were winnable games, WBA should have been a banker but we still fecked it up big style. It might actually help retain focus having a difficult run in.

Indeed, every year we have the same moans when the fixture list comes out, the fact is we play every team twice. No matter how it comes out some will fine a reason not to like it.

Yes. Sometimes see United v Arsenal and City v Totttenham or United/Tottenham and City/Arsenal weekends and very often saw Tottenham/Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Arsenal

I suppose it makes it easier for organising fixtures when you have 'pairs' where one team has to be away while the other is at home
Arsenal/Tottenham
Everton/Liverpool
City/United
Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland
There are probably a few more in the PL fixture computer that go unnoticed. Not sure but think WBA and Villa never used to be at home in the same round of fixtures

The programme that generates it is designed to do that. It means no cross over of rival fans apparently

It's also meant to give you a local ish game over Christmas which is why we normally get a London derby and Norwich or Southampton

Indeed, every year we have the same moans when the fixture list comes out, the fact is we play every team twice. No matter how it comes out some will fine a reason not to like it.

Exactly, it also stands to reason that if we have a hard run in then we will have had an easier run of games before that which should give us momentum heading into that period.

Exactly, it also stands to reason that if we have a hard run in then we will have had an easier run of games before that which should give us momentum heading into that period.

Indeed, unfortunately that does not compute to those who like a bitch.

Living in N.West London i'm well happy about the Wembley CL games. At last a journey to Spurs will take 20mins not longer than the bloody match itself!

However i think there's going to be a massive logistical nightmare for fans travelling back into central after the games. There's no Met line between Wembley Park and Aldgate, Mon-Wed past 10pm until late 2018! Away fans especially are going to have some serious trouble.

Living in N.West London i'm well happy about the Wembley CL games. At last a journey to Spurs will take 20mins not longer than the bloody match itself!

However i think there's going to be a massive logistical nightmare for fans travelling back into central after the games. There's no Met line between Wembley Park and Aldgate, Mon-Wed past 10pm until late 2018! Away fans especially are going to have some serious trouble.

They have been postponing the early closure when theres an event on at Wembley, so this will likely be the case for the CL games too. But I dont care as I live in Uxbridge :)

Back