• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fixture & Ticket News 2016/17

Early meeja pre-occupation - Aug/Sep ... 6 weeks, 27 fixtures

6 - MourinhU
5 -
4 - Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Sunderland, West Ham
3 - Arsenal, Middlesbrough
2 - Bournemouth, Everton, Hull, Southampton, Stoke, Tottenham, Watford
1 - Burnley, Palace, Swansea, West Brom

What gender is the doc at Old Trafford?. Oh, how I hope they stumble - and Live ! (errr ... a bit like we did at the end last season)

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/which-premier-league-clubs-fixtures-are-tv-most-often?

Interesting how several teams that finished below us in the league get more live matches than us. Man Utd I could grudgingly understand but West Ham? Sunderland? WTF?

Typically the 2 games that are moved are home games which really does not benefit me as a season ticket holder

To be honest the less games we are shown on TV the better for me as it means i can travel without having to make alternative arrangements.

Sequence is Sky approach/club accedes - no approach then game not on TV. Club sells tickets in advance of TV fixture announcement.

Not entirely sure about that. i am pretty sure last season where we had a couple of occasions that tickets went on-sale before TV fixtures were announced.
Definitely happened with the United home match that got moved to Sunday, after tickets went on sale to members

To be honest the less games we are shown on TV the better for me as it means i can travel without having to make alternative arrangements.

I totally understand your point, I guess it is the principle that bugs me. I must confess I do not go to a lot of away matches so I prefer that none of our home matches are on tv and that they only pick away ones :)

Sky have secured Irish rights to English football’s traditional kick-off time for the first time and will broadcast 33 games matches in that slot during the 2016/17 season, beginning at Goodison Park on the opening weekend. These games will not be broadcast live in the UK.

So Sky have taken over from setanta in Ireland. So Irish viewers get the Everton and Stoke games also. Seems unfair for British viewers, but I guess due to the supposed protection of crowd attendances it won't be changing any time soon. As a non sky subscriber, I may be wrong, but the same packages are more expensive in Ireland, so they gain something.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/which-premier-league-clubs-fixtures-are-tv-most-often?

Interesting how several teams that finished below us in the league get more live matches than us. Man Utd I could grudgingly understand but West Ham? Sunderland? WTF?

Typically the 2 games that are moved are home games which really does not benefit me as a season ticket holder

I am surprised how many times are matches v Sunderland are televised. It seems nearly every match at SOL has been televised recently while quite a few of the home matches v the Mackems have been shown too.
Hardly strikes me as a glamour fixture, not complaining though, just surprised

Applications for tickets for our home opener against Palace open tomorrow, it seems. I haven't seen the club informing fans about it in any channels or given any more informastion about how it will work, but perhaps I have missed it.

Applications for tickets for our home opener against Palace open tomorrow, it seems. I haven't seen the club informing fans about it in any channels or given any more informastion about how it will work, but perhaps I have missed it.

@King of Norway

There is a link on the OS in the Ticket Section. Drop down bar Ticket Application Process.

It lists the Application period and dates, then a quick link to a Q&A page on how it all works

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/clubs/index.html

Last group match 16 Dec - a Friday, other dates are non-Thu.

Odd
Yes, that would be odd.

It seems that, on that page, UEFA have got the dates of their competition wrong! On this page http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2017/competitionformat/index.html and on page 70 of the EL regulations http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles.../Regulations/02/35/92/45/2359245_DOWNLOAD.pdf the group matches are on Thursdays in the same week as CL group matches. Last EL group match 8 Dec.

Going by the info the club have issued about getting tickets today,i wonder why they didn't they decrease the membership price for the next two years,basically its a lottery now to get tickets and its down to you how you restrict your chances of getting a ticket,if you want a ticket for a cat A game you got to pay between £48 to £81 with no choice what so ever in the price you going to pay or if you want to reduce your chances of getting a ticket you can choose what level you want to pay,i'm too old in the tooth to travel and to do a 400 mile round trip and be told to pay £81 +b/fees for a ticket for a game. Even the games i normally go to the Cat C 3 of those games are in one period near xmas.

Charging the same price for membership and reducing the chances of getting tickets considerable bit of a con really.

Back