• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Not been paying attention but what happens if the NFL stops coming to London at some point? I thought I heard they played a game in Germany recently didn't they? I was just wondering if there is a long term deal for them to keep coming to the UK?

Not been paying attention but what happens if the NFL stops coming to London at some point? I thought I heard they played a game in Germany recently didn't they? I was just wondering if there is a long term deal for them to keep coming to the UK?

10 year deal we had last i heard.

We've also bid for the 2026 superbowl.

Ka-ching. The whole point of american sports is to sell food, drinks, merchandise and ad space. With NFL matches lasting hours, everyone present will have to eat at some point.
Wasn't there something about 120k pints being sold at a game? Food on top of that and it's a nice little earner

Wasn't there something about 120k pints being sold at a game? Food on top of that and it's a nice little earner
Typical rule is that a publican will get about a third of the revenue of a pint of beer (third to the brewery, third to the government, third to the publican). Publican's other costs then come out of his third of the profit. I would guess we therefore probably make about 20% of retail price in profit. So @ £6 a pint that would be £2 x 120,000 ~£240k profit.

Typical rule is that a publican will get about a third of the revenue of a pint of beer (third to the brewery, third to the government, third to the publican). Publican's other costs then come out of his third of the profit. I would guess we therefore probably make about 20% of retail price in profit. So @ £6 a pint that would be £2 x 120,000 ~£240k profit.
Don't we brew some of it ourselves too?

I know that we're wanting a naming rights deal. Jus reading swiss rambles take on citys charges, naming rights are something that needs to be sorted out for the spending rules. I know the prem are allegedly cracking down on them.

Owner Sponsorships At Other Clubs
If there are any complaints about the high value of City’s sponsorships with UAE companies, they would surely point to similar deals in the Premier League. For example, USM, owned by Farhad Moshiri’s associate Alisher Usmanov, sponsored Everton’s training ground for £12m and paid £30m just for an option to buy naming rights for new stadium; while Leicester City owners King Power paid £16m annual sponsorship (shirt & stadium naming rights) up to 2021.

There are also a few sponsorship deals at major European clubs that City will no doubt reference in any discussions, as there is a strong degree of owner involvement in the sponsoring companies, not to mention high values.

Moral arbiters Bayern Munich have the second highest commercial income in Europe, boosted by strategic partnerships with three German companies who each have an 8.33% stake in the club (the other 75% is owned by the fans), adding up to a hefty €116m a year: Adidas €60m, Audi €50m and Allianz €6m.

Similarly, some of Borussia Dortmund’s largest sponsorship deals are from companies that are also shareholders: Evonik (9.8% stake) - €20m shirt sponsor (combined deal with 1&1); Puma (5% stake) - €30m kit deal; and Signal Iduna (5.4% stake) - €5.8m stadium naming rights.

The song remains the same in Italy, led by Juventus, whose shirt sponsorship with Jeep has increased from €17m in 2019 to €45m. Jeep is of course part of Fiat, which is owned by the Agnelli family.

Even some of the lesser lights in Italy have benefited from sweet sponsorship deals. Fiorentina receive a generous €25m a year from Mediacom, owner Rocco Commisso’s company. Meanwhile Sassuolo’s owners Mapei pay the club a hefty €18m a season for shirt sponsorship, which is the fourth highest in Serie A, plus another €5m for stadium naming rights.

How do we prevent a repeat of these losses in future years as they are not sustainable if they keep happening obviously.

Guessing stadium depreciation is big in the first few years then settles down and reduces less per year, like when you buy a new car and it goes down a lot in price the first 2/3 years but less after.

I know that we're wanting a naming rights deal. Jus reading swiss rambles take on citys charges, naming rights are something that needs to be sorted out for the spending rules. I know the prem are allegedly cracking down on them.

If there are any complaints about the high value of City’s sponsorships with UAE companies, they would surely point to similar deals in the Premier League. For example, USM, owned by Farhad Moshiri’s associate Alisher Usmanov, sponsored Everton’s training ground for £12m and paid £30m just for an option to buy naming rights for new stadium; while Leicester City owners King Power paid £16m annual sponsorship (shirt & stadium naming rights) up to 2021.

There are also a few sponsorship deals at major European clubs that City will no doubt reference in any discussions, as there is a strong degree of owner involvement in the sponsoring companies, not to mention high values.

Moral arbiters Bayern Munich have the second highest commercial income in Europe, boosted by strategic partnerships with three German companies who each have an 8.33% stake in the club (the other 75% is owned by the fans), adding up to a hefty €116m a year: Adidas €60m, Audi €50m and Allianz €6m.

Similarly, some of Borussia Dortmund’s largest sponsorship deals are from companies that are also shareholders: Evonik (9.8% stake) - €20m shirt sponsor (combined deal with 1&1); Puma (5% stake) - €30m kit deal; and Signal Iduna (5.4% stake) - €5.8m stadium naming rights.

The song remains the same in Italy, led by Juventus, whose shirt sponsorship with Jeep has increased from €17m in 2019 to €45m. Jeep is of course part of Fiat, which is owned by the Agnelli family.

Even some of the lesser lights in Italy have benefited from sweet sponsorship deals. Fiorentina receive a generous €25m a year from Mediacom, owner Rocco Commisso’s company. Meanwhile Sassuolo’s owners Mapei pay the club a hefty €18m a season for shirt sponsorship, which is the fourth highest in Serie A, plus another €5m for stadium naming rights.

I thought the owner of etihad was something like the brother of the owner of Emirates Marketing Project but I could be wrong!

I thought the owner of etihad was something like the brother of the owner of Emirates Marketing Project but I could be wrong!

They're all basically owned by the abu dhabi royal family. Include the etihad, e&, experience abu dhabi, emerates palace, aldar properties, masdar, first abu dhabi bank, healthpoint etc... even some companies that don't have staff or sell products but still give city money. Who are all ruled by Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Mansours father.

Guessing stadium depreciation is big in the first few years then settles down and reduces less per year, like when you buy a new car and it goes down a lot in price the first 2/3 years but less after.
No, a business will capitalise an asset and then write it down over a set number of years in equal measures.

No, a business will capitalise an asset and then write it down over a set number of years in equal measures.
Not always.

When I invest in large capital items they're usually (like a stadium) made up of many parts. Some of them it makes sense to write down over 5 years, some 10 and some longer.

The stadium structure could be written down over decades, many of the internals over a shorter time. Especially of technology or regulations are likely to change in that time.

With the new spending rules that are coming in do you think we will be in a position to spend similar amounts on transfer fees and wages to the other top clubs once the rules are fully in place, which iirc is about 3 years from now?

I.e. the other top clubs will be forced by the rules to reduce their spend on transfer fees and wages so they are closer to what a club like us spends on them?

With the new spending rules that are coming in do you think we will be in a position to spend similar amounts on transfer fees and wages to the other top clubs once the rules are fully in place, which iirc is about 3 years from now?

I.e. the other top clubs will be forced by the rules to reduce their spend on transfer fees and wages so they are closer to what a club like us spends on them?
The gap may close, but we already spend less than the theoretical limit. So unless we decide to change tack and spend closer to the limit then those other clubs will still spend more than we will.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The gap may close, but we already spend less than the theoretical limit. So unless we decide to change tack and spend closer to the limit then those other clubs will still spend more than we will.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

What sort of gap roughly per annum between what we spend and the new limit?

If we grow our revenue through more events and naming rights could that make up the shortfall?

Do you know if the other top clubs will have to reduce their spending on transfer fees and wages a fair bit to keep in line?

If we grow our revenue through more events and naming rights could that make up the shortfall?

Do you know if the other top clubs will have to reduce their spending on transfer fees and wages a fair bit to keep in line?

In theory (if anyone actually decides to enforce) yes, 3 years, starting at 90% moving to 70%

Very few top clubs or mid to bottom clubs can meet the regulations now.

There's only one thing you can be sure of. The schysters will continue to find all manner of subterfuge and dodgy workaraounds to maintain their perfidious advantage.

Back