• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

Still find it weird that we still haven't sorted out a stadium sponsor.

£20m p.a. would be pure profit. Almost 4 years now since the stadium opened - so £80m shortfall.

Levy really holding out for a bumper deal. Not sure I get it

Last figures I saw, no one but City (cooking the books) gets more than £8m per year for stadium naming rights - Athletico/Wanda was the next biggest

Still find it weird that we still haven't sorted out a stadium sponsor.

£20m p.a. would be pure profit. Almost 4 years now since the stadium opened - so £80m shortfall.

Levy really holding out for a bumper deal. Not sure I get it

Last figures I saw, no one but City (cooking the books) gets more than £8m per year for stadium naming rights - Athletico/Wanda was the next biggest
This has been much talked about already.

Levy is looking for a premium price because it's a multi use stadium and hosts the two biggest most moneyed leagues in the world.(a unique offering)

If COVID never happened we'd have a deal by now.

The economic problems sure don't help.
Naturally it now looks like we are £60-80m out of pocket. But the reasoning was sound, the circumstances (inc the unforeseen ones) are a bugger.

£20m a year though would pay our annual stadium debt interest bill.

Didn't we hire the bloke in who did the Miami Dolphin's deal? They did a deal with Hard Rock for £10-11m a year for 18 years.

Last edited:
Considering this was a Europa Conference League season...plenty of upside to come in the next results.
  • our home PL average attendance was just 56,523 last season compared with 61,675 so far this
  • average for the 3 Europa Conference games at WHL last season was a meagre 30,549 compared with 57,371 for 3 CL games thus season
  • total League Cup and FA Cup attendances are down by 25,472 compared with 2021/22 when one extra home cup tie was played
  • including the expected 60,000 gate for the up-coming Milan tie, overall average attendances this seasonare up by 14.5% compared with 2021/22

All of which should mean pro rata 14.5% increases in combined matchday sales (bar/food/ shirts/Spurs Shop).

That said its still relatively small beer compared with the kind of dough Man U, Emirates Marketing Project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Liverpool can throw at it.

We will never know what the offers were when we opened the stadium, but they will have to be a hell of a lot more now for Levy to make a profit.

I like that he is upset about the costly transfers not making us better.

I got the feeling at the time he was tinkled off about Bentley and Bent not kicking us on. Would like to see us go back down the young player route, look at the championship.

Don't sign arsenal fans.

Didn't we hire the bloke in who did the Miami Dolphin's deal? They did a deal with Hard Rock for £10-11m a year for 18 years.

That's pretty crap unless it's tied to inflation. Didn't Arsenal get screwed by being locked into a long-term fixed figure deal?

Richarlison, Romero, Ndombele and Lo Celso as far as I can make out. Paying big for the first two, and being unable to sell the second two.
Their already out players
Sell them to now we still have to amortise their transfer fees
The sale would be a positive

That's pretty crap unless it's tied to inflation. Didn't Arsenal get screwed by being locked into a long-term fixed figure deal?

It's about $14m a year, one of the bigger deals in recent years, but not the biggest out there. Think the Maple Leafs still have the record at about £24m a season.

Not sure on Arsenal's but don't remember ever being blown away at the numbers for their Emirates deal.

Richarlison, Romero, Ndombele and Lo Celso as far as I can make out. Paying big for the first two, and being unable to sell the second two.

Okay so its after player trading, our ultimate bottom line.

Can we realistically stop this happening year on year though because obviously its not sustainable to lose this kind of money every year.

We want to be making £60m+ a year not losing it.

Okay so its after player trading, our ultimate bottom line.

Can we realistically stop this happening year on year though because obviously its not sustainable to lose this kind of money every year.

We want to be making £60m+ a year not losing it.
It’s fine
It’s the amortisation’s isn’t it…

Back