• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

So the 70% comes into effect from the 2025/26 season, so we have to wait two years first and foremost for some parity to be restored.

Well it would be good to know how much less than the 70% we are currently spending on transfer fees and wages. And how we can get closer to that figure. Is it purely owner appetite to spend or does our income currently just not high enough to support that spend level and if not is there ways we can get to that level?

I guess we will continue to be at a disadvantage as clubs like man utd have higher revenues than us, but it will close the gap on the spending difference, BUT will it close it significantly?

So the 70% comes into effect from the 2025/26 season, so we have to wait two years first and foremost for some parity to be restored.

Well it would be good to know how much less than the 70% we are currently spending on transfer fees and wages. And how we can get closer to that figure. Is it purely owner appetite to spend or does our income currently just not high enough to support that spend level and if not is there ways we can get to that level?

I guess we will continue to be at a disadvantage as clubs like man utd have higher revenues than us, but it will close the gap on the spending difference, BUT will it close it significantly?

United is in a league of their own, in some ways the rest of the league should be delighted the Glazzers have milked the fudge out of that club and saddled them with brick debt and high interest payments

We probably won't know what Spurs potential is until the end of this year (first year with a full roster of non football events, plus regular football including CL), but that is the promise of the stadium.

We don't need to completely close the gap but being close enough while at the same time giving us some advantage over other clubs, could be a difference maker.

But as someone else mentioned, the cheaters will continue to cheat .. I remain quite pessimistic on enforcement

United is in a league of their own, in some ways the rest of the league should be delighted the Glazzers have milked the fudge out of that club and saddled them with brick debt and high interest payments

We probably won't know what Spurs potential is until the end of this year (first year with a full roster of non football events, plus regular football including CL), but that is the promise of the stadium.

We don't need to completely close the gap but being close enough while at the same time giving us some advantage over other clubs, could be a difference maker.

But as someone else mentioned, the cheaters will continue to cheat .. I remain quite pessimistic on enforcement

Well enic aren’t going anywhere so let me cling to something!

We will have enough clout to make us top table IF IF IF we spend it wisely.
You can see how well Brighton have done on a meagre budget.
You can see how poorly Cheatski have done on a huge budget.
So we will have plenty of money to compete IF it is spent wisely.

That’s all that any club can do
Maximise whatever you have
We haven’t for a number of years
Some have

I hope so.

Everyone’s aspirations (fans, players, coaches, managers, owners) should all be to get back to the era where bill nick won 11 trophies in 16 years.

If that is not our number 1 aim then what is the point.

with the players he had, he should have won a lot more

In that early 60s period yes they should have got 1 to 2 more leagues and with that probably would have come a European Cup win.

But after the early 60s players come and go and it got more competitive so adding 5 more trophies from 67 to 73 was pretty good going.

90% this year (jan to dec). 80% next. 70% the year after.

90% this year (jan to dec). 80% next. 70% the year after.

Yep but a club like us needs the others to feel the full force asap, so its 2 years from now I am most anticipating.

Also is it always Jan to Dec rather than season? If that’s the case it would be from 1st Jan 2025 that other clubs would need to be wary from.

Yep but a club like us needs the others to feel the full force asap, so its 2 years from now I am most anticipating.

Also is it always Jan to Dec rather than season? If that’s the case it would be from 1st Jan 2025 that other clubs would need to be wary from.

It's jan to dec. Then uefa have a few months to analyse and decide on punishments for the start of the next season.

It's jan to dec. Then uefa have a few months to analyse and decide on punishments for the start of the next season.

Cool roll on 18 months from now.

From then I will give it another two years to see if their is a seismic change of the spending gap between us and others.

If there isn’t (and the new rules were being applied correctly e.g. no dodging allowed) then enic need to leave.

Cool roll on 18 months from now.

From then I will give it another two years to see if their is a seismic change of the spending gap between us and others.

If there isn’t (and the new rules were being applied correctly e.g. no dodging allowed) then enic need to leave.

Unless someone is willing to buy us, they aren't going anywhere.

Based on this, we are in a pretty good position wage wise. One has to factor in transfers too, however. And also remember that this is relative to each club's turnover. So if we assume the 70% cap, our 13% cushion may be less in terms of actual $$$ compared to City's 8% cushion.

upload_2023-5-15_8-44-0.png

Based on this, we are in a pretty good position wage wise. One has to factor in transfers too, however. And also remember that this is relative to each club's turnover. So if we assume the 70% cap, our 13% cushion may be less in terms of actual $$$ compared to City's 8% cushion.

View attachment 15525

That is total wages for the club. The new rules only regard wages for the first team. Not just that but also amortisation and agents fees.

Unreal trouble if they don't bounce back first time.

Leicester considering their lack of real commercial size (Leicester is hardly a hub for anything). They need the prem money otherwise its easy to see them swallowed up in the hunger games of the Championship

both are absolutely fudged

- Everton had some articles a while back suggesting administration might be a real scenario if they drop, add in the disaster of trying to build a stadium in that?
- Leicester has never been able to capitalize their success into commercial revenue, they need a rebuild, Vardy covered a lot of flaws (sounds familiar), now his decline is here, tough.

View attachment 15525

Also worth noting that those figures are 2020/1. Some clubs have significantly increased squad sizes in that time, most notably Chelsea, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Man U

Back