• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

With all this essential transfer business were about to have to do this summer thank fudge the stadium is sorted. Levy can go back to his day job and get some deals done. It's at least five out and five in. That needs scouting to have been completed by now and papers targeted like De Jong clearly was.

Do we even have a chief scout since Mitchell left?

It’s an issue but is a good thing too with the prem

Clubs have so much money they don’t have to sell so can ask bonkers prices.... similarly that stops players from moving a truly developing and reaching their potential

I’ve said before for me Aaron’s is the better player, would be cheaper and has more of an all round game. The key for us is no one knows of him as much

It is a bit like with betting, you need to look for value. Even if we have more money now and I doubt that for a few seasons, we need to carry on in the same vain and look for value bets "players" I think Tielemens at Leicester and Docuore at Watford two players in the right age range and how have some experience in the prem(limited for the Leicester one to be fair)

I have not seen much of Aarons so cant comment on him but Henry at Brentford on the left full back position I have watched quite a bit and he has a lot of potential as does Lloyd Kelly at Bristol. But both would probably take 12 months to get to the level we need, I was not against not signing anyone last year but it has made team planning harder for us.

It is a bit like with betting, you need to look for value. Even if we have more money now and I doubt that for a few seasons, we need to carry on in the same vain and look for value bets "players" I think Tielemens at Leicester and Docuore at Watford two players in the right age range and how have some experience in the prem(limited for the Leicester one to be fair)

I have not seen much of Aarons so cant comment on him but Henry at Brentford on the left full back position I have watched quite a bit and he has a lot of potential as does Lloyd Kelly at Bristol. But both would probably take 12 months to get to the level we need, I was not against not signing anyone last year but it has made team planning harder for us.

Docoure is class and would be a good addition
Tielemans was one I would have liked before and would be a really good addition too

It’s an issue but is a good thing too with the prem

Clubs have so much money they don’t have to sell so can ask bonkers prices.... similarly that stops players from moving a truly developing and reaching their potential

I’ve said before for me Aaron’s is the better player, would be cheaper and has more of an all round game. The key for us is no one knows of him as much

Fully agreed, and well said. Aarons is definitely an interesting pick-up, as long as we don't also go and buy five other blokes from the Championship and call it a day. :p

Fully agreed, and well said. Aarons is definitely an interesting pick-up, as long as we don't also go and buy five other blokes from the Championship and call it a day. :p

Honestly I have no issues with bringing in young talent from the championship. Their is plenty there with scope to step up

I still say it’s no worse than buying Arthur for Barca or Vinicius Junior at Madrid

Honestly I have no issues with bringing in young talent from the championship. Their is plenty there with scope to step up

I still say it’s no worse than buying Arthur for Barca or Vinicius Junior at Madrid

I disagree. I would argue that we can afford one, or at most *maybe* two. But otherwise, we need ready-made players now - or at least, players who won't need a lot of time to fit in. One season max, and then they're at 100% percent, or as close to it as possible. Barca buy Arthur, and Madrid buy Vinicius, but no one at either club would be satisfied with *only* buying Vinicius Juniors or Arthurs. Which is why they also buy quality, and a lot of it.

Generational talent like Alli? Sure. Won the Football League player of the year, was bossing midfields at 18, was 19 when he made the breakthrough for us.

Championship chancers like Grealish and co.? No thanks. Think like a big club, like Poch wants us to do. Think bigger. Or else Kane, Alli and others will leave because they see everyone buying talent while we focus on some Champo left-back with a bit of potential.

Hell, if that was what we wanted to do, why even bother with the stadium, with the training ground, or with Champions League? We could have happily spent our summers buying Championship punts while staying at Spurs Lodge and the old WHL. No change would have been necessary.

I disagree. I would argue that we can afford one, or at most *maybe* two. But otherwise, we need ready-made players now - or at least, players who won't need a lot of time to fit in. One season max, and then they're at 400% percent, or as close to it as possible. Barca buy Arthur, and Madrid buy Vinicius, but no one at either club would be satisfied with *only* buying Vinicius Juniors or Arthurs. Which is why they also buy quality, and a lot of it.

Generational talent like Alli? Sure. Won the Football League player of the year, was bossing midfields at 18, was 19 when he made the breakthrough for us.

Championship chancers like Grealish and co.? No thanks. Think like a big club, like Poch wants us to do. Think bigger. Or else Kane, Alli and others will leave because they see everyone buying talent while we focus on some Champo left-back with a bit of potential.

Hell, if that was what we wanted to do, why even bother with the stadium, with the training ground, or with Champions League? We could have happily spent our summers buying Championship punts while staying at Spurs Lodge and the old WHL. No change would have been necessary.

Didn’t Madrid only buy Vinicius Junior For their first team and some brick keeper from Chelsea?
I can’t say I’m close to their transfers though but I’m not aware of any new ones that play first team
And ready made players can have flaws, they may not settle, they any want us a stepping stone, and of course no guarantees they will perform

They could come from Timbuctoo for all I care - so long as they're right for us.

I totally agree. And Championship players, by virtue of being Championship players, are generally not right for us, unless they're generational talents.

Exceptions exist, but if you wanted to replace Eriksen, Wanyama, Trippier and Toby with four quality, world-class players, and you tell me that Ebrechi Eze, Jack Grealish, Max Aarons and, I dunno, Chris Mepham are the four options there...well, I'd think you were pretty loopy, is all.

That's the kind of transfer window clubs like Bournemouth aspire to. Should absolutely not be what we want, nor what we should do.

Didn’t Madrid only buy Vinicius Junior For their first team and some brick keeper from Chelsea?
I can’t say I’m close to their transfers though but I’m not aware of any new ones that play first team
And ready made players can have flaws, they may not settle, they any want us a stepping stone, and of course no guarantees they will perform

Nope. Also Odriozola, first-team left back from Sociedad, and Mariano Diaz, backup striker from Lyon.

But even that is a pretty crap window, and Madrid know it. They got loads of sh*t for it, they aren't performing well, their team is stretched, and they're going to spend sh*tloads this summer to compensate.

As for Barca, they bought Arthur, but they also bough Lenglet from Sevilla, Vidal from Bayern and Malcom from Bordeaux, I think.

Ready made players can have flaws, no argument there. But by virtue of being ready-made, they have been proven on the highest stages, tested in top-flight leagues, European competition, national teams and so on. They have predictable assets and flaws, and they bring a certain mentality. If a team buys a bunch of them, you would think that team is being ambitious, because they want success and they want it pretty soon.

If a team only buys Championship punts, it's very, very hard to see it in the same light, especially since that's generally the sort of thing a club like Bournemouth or West Ham does (and even there, they buy quality from top-flight leagues elsewhere to balance it out).

Nope. Also Odriozola, first-team left back from Sociedad, and Mariano Diaz, backup striker from Lyon.

But even that is a pretty crap window, and Madrid know it. They got loads of sh*t for it, they aren't performing well, their team is stretched, and they're going to spend sh*tloads this summer to compensate.

As for Barca, they bought Arthur, but they also bough Lenglet from Sevilla, Vidal from Bayern and Malcom from Bordeaux, I think.

Ready made players can have flaws, no argument there. But by virtue of being ready-made, they have been proven on the highest stages, tested in top-flight leagues, European competition, national teams and so on. They have predictable assets and flaws, and they bring a certain meteorology. If a team buys a bunch of them, you would think that team is being ambitious, because they want success and they want it pretty soon.

If a team only buys Championship punts, it's very, very hard to see it in the same light, especially since that's generally the sort of thing a club like Bournemouth or West Ham does (and even there, they buy quality from top-flight leagues elsewhere to balance it out).

True
Can’t really argue with any of that but I do think people have to ignore the name and history of the player and trust poch and his choices
I’ve said it before but fans get turned on with a player with a sexy name rather than a player who the manager wants

I hope that our increasing revenue means we can pay the money required to keep hold of our best players. Maybe there is hope of retaining the likes of Toby and Eriksen (though I personally believe they will both move on in the summer). Even if we lose those two, maybe it means we will be able to keep hold of the likes of Dele and Kane, and maybe not miss out on signing the likes of Mane (which was down to wages iirc).

I hope that our increasing revenue means we can pay the money required to keep hold of our best players. Maybe there is hope of retaining the likes of Toby and Eriksen (though I personally believe they will both move on in the summer). Even if we lose those two, maybe it means we will be able to keep hold of the likes of Dele and Kane, and maybe not miss out on signing the likes of Mane (which was down to wages iirc).

Kane is on over £200k now
Alli is on 6 figures too
Players who will sign will get great money IMO

Re the players and what league they come from. If we sign someone from Ajax then they would be great but if we signed someone from the championship then it’s fodder. I’d argue that the championship on average is a better league. The top few teams in the Dutch league are decent but not much below that.

With this latest set of results we are just behind Arsenal on revenue and the main difference appears to be the match day revenue that should be addressed soon.
As I’ve said elsewhere it’s important we qualify for the champions league and hopefully they don’t. Will give us a chance to not just close the gap but to pull away from them a bit.

Back