• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Financial Results

31l-Etsa3tL.jpg

Get in...!

Hooray! One for the trophy cabinet - we have a world record we can put up in golden letters in front of the training ground. Biggest profit in football history.

Sigh. And this is last year, too - before this year's summer of utter inaction and the empty January we had.
Tell me more about the financial landscape of the club?

Really think people miss the point, the numbers show why Spurs invested ..

Revenue from match days went from 19 -> 42 leveraging Wembley (based on not all sold out games, numerous games without full capacity allowance and lesser corporate than in NWHL) it does give an idea of our new revenue potential for match days
Naming rights are yet to be locked (current ranges are between 150 - 400M)
NFL & Rugby numbers undisclosed

The debt is something that can be managed.

It’s pretty obvious why we are making big profits at the moment. It is because we need all the cashflow we can get to pay for the stadium before we start to receive the additional revenue that it will generate.

A large amount of the profit levels we are seeing now will be able to be reinvested in playing squad from now on.

Only in two years' time will we see the accounts that start to show the impact of the new stadium on income rather than costs, debt and assets.
That should open eyes as to why this has all been done.

Really think people miss the point, the numbers show why Spurs invested ..

Revenue from match days went from 19 -> 42 leveraging Wembley (based on not all sold out games, numerous games without full capacity allowance and lesser corporate than in NWHL) it does give an idea of our new revenue potential for match days
Naming rights are yet to be locked (current ranges are between 150 - 400M)
NFL & Rugby numbers undisclosed

The debt is something that can be managed.

Too positive

Levy did an exceptional deal with Wembley, they were not happy with our prolonged tenancy, so next year's revenue may well be lower, as the text indicates. None the less, finance costs of just £21m or so, seems a very advantageous way to pay for such a huge increase in matchday income compared with the old stadium. "Shrewd our Chairman is"

Depends on so many factors it’s not normally that simple!
The loans will be likely be on a fixed repayment schedule.
Sort of.... The current loans are all payable in full in 2022. However now that the stadium is operational these loans will be replaced with new ones, likely to be a mixture of short, medium and long term maturities.

Interesting, so my main take on this is we appear to have £460m loans as of last June. It then also states we borrowed another £100m in October after theses results. So looks like our debt position is around the £560m mark. Fairly hefty. Will be interesting how this is financed. I assume Levy will look to pay down a bulk of this with a naming rights deal that pays up front also with no signings in over a year normal operations might allow some money to go towards this. If when we come to refinance this is down to £400m or less I wonder over what sort of period and then affect on the club finances to service the debt this will have.

Interesting to note that match receipts were £71m. Got me thinking what can we hope for at the new lane. I’ll base it on 22 home match days. Across the all games and different price categories the average cost per seat must be about £50 if not more. I believe that season tickets are not that much cheaper than the cost of games. Based on that each match on average should brining in £3000000 in match tickets, attendance of 60000. That would come to £66m. If you also say the average match day spend of fans on beer etc.. is £5 then you add on another 300000 before costs. We shouldn’t be far of that £71m match day receipts. I’ve tried to be conservative with the estimates.

Interesting, so my main take on this is we appear to have £460m loans as of last June. It then also states we borrowed another £100m in October after theses results. So looks like our debt position is around the £560m mark. Fairly hefty. Will be interesting how this is financed. I assume Levy will look to pay down a bulk of this with a naming rights deal that pays up front also with no signings in over a year normal operations might allow some money to go towards this. If when we come to refinance this is down to £400m or less I wonder over what sort of period and then affect on the club finances to service the debt this will have.

Interesting to note that match receipts were £71m. Got me thinking what can we hope for at the new lane. I’ll base it on 22 home match days. Across the all games and different price categories the average cost per seat must be about £50 if not more. I believe that season tickets are not that much cheaper than the cost of games. Based on that each match on average should brining in £3000000 in match tickets, attendance of 60000. That would come to £66m. If you also say the average match day spend of fans on beer etc.. is £5 then you add on another 300000 before costs. We shouldn’t be far of that £71m match day receipts. I’ve tried to be conservative with the estimates.
Remember that the 8,000 corporate seats will also generate a large level of income.....

I would guess:

Corporate = 8,000 x £5,000 (estimated average cost)
Away fans = 3,000 x £30 (per game)
Home fans = 50,000 x £60 (per game - I think this is more likely to be the average cost of a ticket factoring in prices and concessions)
Total = £99 million assuming a 19 game season.

Plus another £3.2 million per big cup game (I.e. CL or FA cup games against the big boys) assuming cup games are included for the corps as part of their £5k a year average and home and away fans pay the same £60 average cost per ticket for the big Cup games.
Smaller cup games probably more like £400k to £1 million (assuming £10 or £20 tickets and 40,000+ crowds.

Assuming a Spurs team who reach the last 16 of the CL I would expect total stadium ticket revenue of about £115 million and then add on to that £250,000 to £500k per game of food and drink sales.

On top of this I would expect us receive about £1 million each time we rent the stadium out for NFL, rugby, football internationals concerts, etc.

Assuming an eventual £15 million PA stadium sponsorship, it is not beyond the realms of possibility that the stadium revenue could be worth as much as £150 million a year.

£100m profit.
£600m in loans owing.
You do de math.

Convert to longer-term maturities, problem goes away forever.

Unless you think our plan is to generate 100 million pound profits per year to pay the loan off in six years? Which would be pretty amusing, considering that a large chunk of them (I believe) comes due in three years, so it isn't even possible at that rate unless Levy starts selling off everything that moves. :p

Tell me more about the financial landscape of the club?

What would you like to know?

The loans will end up being something like £35-40m a year over 20 years. With the club getting £20m ish from naming rights every year.
Meanwhile we made an extra £80m last season and that was before tickets prices were increased dramatically.

Back