• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fergie: Retired, Moyes: Sacked, LVG/Giggs: The New Super Duo

Re: Moyes quits?

The media tonight are of two minds. Some are saying he's safe whilst others are saying a lot depends on how he does over the course of the next 12 games.

If this is so I will hate myself.

Had a 50 quid bet with my mate the day they apointed Moyes that they wouldn't finish top four, he raised the stakes and bet me an extra 20 they would finish top 2. That'80 quid banked but I've been saying all season that Fergie would be the next boss. Kept seeing odds but didn't want to bet some of my student loan on it. And there were some ****ing good odds.

If this is so I will hate myself.

Had a 50 quid bet with my mate the day they apointed Moyes that they wouldn't finish top four, he raised the stakes and bet me an extra 20 they would finish top 2. That'80 quid banked but I've been saying all season that Fergie would be the next boss. Kept seeing odds but didn't want to bet some of my student loan on it. And there were some ****ing good odds.

You're not studying maths are you?

Really the Moyes appointment never made sense to me, was it

- SAF giving his buddy a break?
- SAF making sure his reputation would be even further enhanced by appointing a deadbeat after him?
- ???

Honestly, what he did with Everton no more qualified him for the job that had United appointed Curbs after his time with Charlton ...

How does one of the top 3 football clubs in the world look at all the available candidates and end up with David Moyes?

On paper he was a good candidate, obviously not Mourinho good but still not a complete unknown. Lets look at it this way: Moyes has many years EPL experience and had been over achieving for many years with a finiancially strict club in Everton. He had them playing functional yet attractive football at times and was able to pick points up against a lot of the top sides, he also is young enough to stay on for many years to build his own legacy.

The problem he has is that he has been left with a lot of players who just aren't quite good enough. Fergie got a lot out of them, but that's Fergie and even last year on paper they looked a rather weak side. Moyes on paper looked ideal, but maybe whatever Fergie saw in him isn't enough.

On paper he was a good candidate, obviously not Mourinho good but still not a complete unknown. Lets look at it this way: Moyes has many years EPL experience and had been over achieving for many years with a finiancially strict club in Everton. He had them playing functional yet attractive football at times and was able to pick points up against a lot of the top sides, he also is young enough to stay on for many years to build his own legacy.

The problem he has is that he has been left with a lot of players who just aren't quite good enough. Fergie got a lot out of them, but that's Fergie and even last year on paper they looked a rather weak side. Moyes on paper looked ideal, but maybe whatever Fergie saw in him isn't enough.

disagree, I think if you look at Spurs pre MJ, you see what Moyes achieved at Everton

- We were mid table dross, a few decent buys and a mid level manager made us best of the rest, the real struggle is pushing beyond that and winning the big games.
- The massive flaw in Moyes record that was conveniently passed over was his record against the top team and anytime it really counted (Cups/CL qualifier/etc.), when their is real pressure they always folded.

That "not good enough" has Rooney, RVP & Mata

disagree, I think if you look at Spurs pre MJ, you see what Moyes achieved at Everton

- We were mid table dross, a few decent buys and a mid level manager made us best of the rest, the real struggle is pushing beyond that and winning the big games.
- The massive flaw in Moyes record that was conveniently passed over was his record against the top team and anytime it really counted (Cups/CL qualifier/etc.), when their is real pressure they always folded.

That "not good enough" has Rooney, RVP & Mata

I would agree with this. Moyes took a mid to lower table side and turned them into a mid to upper table side. That's it.

Re: Fergie: Officially Retiring - Moyes Taking Over

847784347.gif

You do not become a bad manager overnight. He needs to sort out central midfield and bring in a world class centre back. Unfortunately he probably will not get the time.

You don't become a good manager overnight either. Moyes never showed anything at Everton that would suggest he'd be capable of taking over a title winning side.

Everton, Liverpool and City have now done the double over United this season.

Barring a miracle they'll finish below Everton for the first time since the 1989/90 season, which was incidentally the last time we finished above them as well.

They'll finish outside the top 3 for the first time since 1991/92.

Another few records to be broken by Moyes.

Moyes told Sky Sports on another disappointing day for United: "We gave away two terrible goals.

"Prior to that we passed the ball really well, kept the ball, had great control of the game. What we couldn't do was make enough chances.

"We had a great control and we got done by two stupid decisions
- a stupid decision to dive in front of the ball for one of them - two poor goals to give away.

"I thought we played very well in the first half. We came in 2-0 down but had been passing the ball really well.

"But we didn't have a final through-pass at times, we didn't have a final finish when they came - there weren't very many of them. That was the disappointing part, that we couldn't do that bit in the final third."

To be honest I saw Rooney, Mata and Kagawa playing neat triangles around the box with no penetration nor anyone in the box. As I said to my brother in law, Rooney as the loan frontman shouldn't be spending the game running away from goal to make nice little triangles, he should be in the box. In fact I'd say Rooney was one of their worst players today as most of their attacking moves broke down through his poor passing.

[tweet]458232621605339136[/tweet]

Just listening to this guy on 5 Live... Seems pretty certain.

Saying theta the board lost patience after yesterday and that there's unrest among the players!

**** it if that means they go for LVG.

Just listening to this guy on 5 Live... Seems pretty certain.

Saying theta the board lost patience after yesterday and that there's unrest among the players!

**** it if that means they go for LVG.

Levy should have signed up LVG in Dec/Jan on a contract to start after the World cup and simply put Freund in charge till the end of this season.........

could really do with that joker staying there another year or two :(

Back