• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

He was certainly better than Verts yesterday! Verts should have done better at two of the goals. Looked like a schoolgirl vs Remy, and on the 2nd goal, his one and only task when Chelsea picked up Hugo's mis-kick, is to be aware and pick up Drogba. He didn't. But over all, Verts and Fazio should be our CB.

Don't agree he was at fault for either goal - lennon didn't track his man, drogba held FAZIO off and it was a goal.

Second goal - lloris screwed us and highlighted the fact that his kicking is terrible and does put us under too much pressure during games.

Don't agree he was at fault for either goal - lennon didn't track his man, drogba held FAZIO off and it was a goal.

Second goal - lloris screwed us and highlighted the fact that his kicking is terrible and does put us under too much pressure during games.

You're seriously highlighting Fazio's involvement for the first goal? For what? Failing to stop Drogba from doing what Drogba has habitually done for over a decade against just about every defender in the world? What was he supposed to do? Tackle him from behind? Shove him in the back? Get around him and leave himself exposed for a quick spin and turn from Drogba?

I agree that Lloris is primarily to blame for the first goal. It put us in a tough spot, a situation where defenders will make mistakes as they're exposed with space to attack without real protection against top quality players. Doesn't mean that Vertonghen couldn't have done better though. If it had been Fazio instead of Vertonghen closest to Drogba I have a sneaky feeling you would have been less forgiving.

You're seriously highlighting Fazio's involvement for the first goal? For what? Failing to stop Drogba from doing what Drogba has habitually done for over a decade against just about every defender in the world? What was he supposed to do? Tackle him from behind? Shove him in the back? Get around him and leave himself exposed for a quick spin and turn from Drogba?

I agree that Lloris is primarily to blame for the first goal. It put us in a tough spot, a situation where defenders will make mistakes as they're exposed with space to attack without real protection against top quality players. Doesn't mean that Vertonghen couldn't have done better though. If it had been Fazio instead of Vertonghen closest to Drogba I have a sneaky feeling you would have been less forgiving.

The capital letters were because my phone and i wasn't picking him out. I was merely stating what happened and the fact is he got pinned by Drogba - no shame in that.

As for the goal - once Lloris ****s up like that you can't position yourself and we were all over the shop. There was v little he could have done and losing the ball in our final third is a killer for any team because you have no shape, awareness or time to react properly.

The capital letters were because my phone and i wasn't picking him out. I was merely stating what happened and the fact is he got pinned by Drogba - no shame in that.

As for the goal - once Lloris ****s up like that you can't position yourself and we were all over the shop. There was v little he could have done and losing the ball in our final third is a killer for any team because you have no shape, awareness or time to react properly.

Fair enough. Really looked to me from your post that you were blaming Fazio, my bad.

I agree that it's difficult in those situations, but it's still possible for Verts to do better. He's essentially picking up no one when Oscar receives the ball. But yeah, it's more of a detail. Not too dissimilar to Terry losing Kane up the other end when he was just offside.

As no one has posted on this thread, I assume you are all happy? :D

Speaking to matchday fans - they all seem to be happy and hopeful. I'm also loving the fact we have a guy who is a bit of a beast already... Burnley went for route 1 and big bad FF usually won the headers.

Bless him but Younes seems a bit too nice but I sense a touch of cleverness from out Argentine (what they historically were good at).

I'm actually elated to have a central defensive partnership finally forming!!! It's been fecking ages since that was allowed!!!

I bed Mr Verts is also happy to stick to the centre!!!

Vamos Fazio!

All the top sides have a beast in the air to partner a more culture centre back. This may be our partnership. Glad they are playing every game also as they need to gel.

I have to say I'm surprised at the low scores he's getting in the match thread.

Burnley played some very physical stuff to someone who wouldn't look out of place as part of a Neanderthal exhibition.

Fazio did a good job of keeping them quiet.

He is so calm on the ball and always looking to play out which is a pleasant surprise from a man his size who usually just lump it forward. He wins everything in the air and he has experience. Whenever Ings got behind him, he forced him wide as he knew he didn't have the legs to catch him. Good performance today, the more him and Vert play together the better

As no one has posted on this thread, I assume you are all happy? :D

Speaking to matchday fans - they all seem to be happy and hopeful. I'm also loving the fact we have a guy who is a bit of a beast already... Burnley went for route 1 and big bad FF usually won the headers.

Bless him but Younes seems a bit too nice but I sense a touch of cleverness from out Argentine (what they historically were good at).

I'm actually elated to have a central defensive partnership finally forming!!! It's been fecking ages since that was allowed!!!

I bed Mr Verts is also happy to stick to the centre!!!

Vamos Fazio!

It is certainly telling that those who were so willing to judge him after a handful of games have been quiet of late.

Noticed that he doesn't back off from aggression from the opposition. Vocal. Talks with his team mates alot. Good signs. Plus Pochetinno was a top centre back. He can teach all of our defenders how to get better. Also there are not many centre backs of good quality around. Would like this current partnership to be given time.

Guess it's because a couple of times ings got in behind him, but I like the guy.

Bl****y hell! The guy is 6 foot 5! What do people expect? Of course small fast strikers will get behind him. However on the two occasions Ings got goalbound he had the nous to nudge him peripherally and his shots were therefore diluted.

For the first time ever I am not sh**ting in my pants when the opposition lobs long balls down our throats. If that comes with some slight less mobility at the back, so be it

I thought he had a very solid if unspectacular game. He wasn't perfect but done what he needed to do and is clearly settling in more and more.

It's easy to judge players on isolated instances and one off games but he is really finding his feet

I was impressed that when he was skinned he had the nous to at least try to force the player wide

His positioning and anticipation are impressive and you'd think will get better the more he gets used to this league.

Still no clean sheet though.

Guess it's because a couple of times ings got in behind him, but I like the guy.

This ! How the tide could have turned and if ings were half a step quicker to cut in and force the foul and red card.

Fazio is a very good defender but I think Poch needs to be careful not too expose his weakness with too high a line.

I'm sure we'll see more of this at home from other teams

This ! How the tide could have turned and if ings were half a step quicker to cut in and force the foul and red card.

Fazio is a very good defender but I think Poch needs to be careful not too expose his weakness with too high a line.

I'm sure we'll see more of this at home from other teams

How quickly the crowd turn. All based on results.

You can see players start to settle. Fazio and Verts will be next to bed in. They don't have an easy job, as we have to play a high line. If not, we leave so much space when the attacking players are pressing the ball high up the pitch. It's all or nothing. If we press the ball, we need a high line. However, it would be good to see the team able to 'drop off' and play a different game in time. So instead of high line and press, a deeper back line with a two tight lines of players in defence and midfield - done well it is very tough to play through or around.

It is certainly telling that those who were so willing to judge him after a handful of games have been quiet of late.

I've been critical of him and I can now say he should be our partner for vertonghen. not super hard when compRed to kaboul and chiriches performances.

When I laid into him he'd hate about 6-8 games and had looked appalling. He starred to turn it around and I said so. Let's not pretend that he wasn't shocking against swansea - he's a solid player. Yesterday he got caught on the shoulder 3-4 times but let's remember that this was Danny Ings and had it been a top quality/mobile forward then we would have been in allsorts. Happy he's improved and has been solid, but let's not pretend that he has been imperious lately.

We 100% need a centre half this summer when kaboul leaves

I've been critical of him and I can now say he should be our partner for vertonghen. not super hard when compRed to kaboul and chiriches performances.

When I laid into him he'd hate about 6-8 games and had looked appalling. He starred to turn it around and I said so. Let's not pretend that he wasn't shocking against swansea - he's a solid player. Yesterday he got caught on the shoulder 3-4 times but let's remember that this was Danny Ings and had it been a top quality/mobile forward then we would have been in allsorts. Happy he's improved and has been solid, but let's not pretend that he has been imperious lately.

We 100% need a centre half this summer when kaboul leaves
My issue with what you were saying about Fazio a few games ago was not that he had a bad game but that he was a bad player and would not make it at Spurs. I thought at the time that it was silly to make such an assessment after a handful of games and it looks sillier with each passing match.

I agree that we need to sign defensive reinforcements though and I am sure that we will. Let's hope our fans are patient and give them time to settle in.

Back