• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

Ok in our team he will consistently be ****. Last time I post on this dude

Never say never again old bean.

Faz and Vert were very good today, but that was also because midfield and forwards fought so hard, so it was much harder to play measured balls into the forwards.

Neither is quick, though, and that does worry me a bit. Oh, for another complete centre back like Ledley!

I think this is where it's critical we don't have ANOTHER slow player covering them (Capoue)...I thought the way Nabil and Mason worked in front of them made the whole thing click. Fazio will end up being a younger Naybet I think...like the look of that partnership with Verts, who again was good.

Everton really struggled to open us up and Fazio and Verts kept their attackers quite for most of the match. The midfield offered much more protection in front of the back four and we closed down well from the front which in turn allowed the high line to stay compact removing the gaping holes we've witnessed this season. Mason, Bentaleb, Lennon and Eriksen as a unit won us that game today in both defensive and attacking duties.

Everton really struggled to open us up and Fazio and Verts kept their attackers quite for most of the match. The midfield offered much more protection in front of the back four and we closed down well from the front which in turn allowed the high line to stay compact removing the gaping holes we've witnessed this season. Mason, Bentaleb, Lennon and Eriksen as a unit won us that game today in both defensive and attacking duties.

Been a lot longer than this season.

What I saw for the first time was a decent opposition team in possession, at half line, with no pass on, and actually ended up passing the ball back to Howard. Our shape was solid.

I hope you have enjoyed having your comments rammed so high up you can feel their sour taste at the back of the throat!

Fazio was BRILLIANT today against a monster of a player in Lukaku who has run us ragged every time we played him in the past. Fazio dominated him all game, won EVERYTHING in the air, made vital blocks, came out with the ball when needed and was simply excellent from start to finish.

Agree he was excellent... Disagree about Lukaku running us ragged. For west Brom he was top far we againts us . For even he has been on existent against us. Last season at Goodison Chriches kept him out of the game and he then knocked Lloris out with his knee accidentally

I don't even remember him being on the pitch at WHL

But I appreciate you were trying to highlight how good Fazio was today and he was very good

Been a lot longer than this season.

What I saw for the first time was a decent opposition team in possession, at half line, with no pass on, and actually ended up passing the ball back to Howard. Our shape was solid.

Agreed.... I thought that we made Everton look a little like we looked under AVB. Having lots of possession at times in the match, fullbacks getting forward, but having nowhere to go and having to go backwards and come back inside all the time.

This contrasted with our play where every time we moved forward with the ball we looked as though we could create a chance.

In an attacking sense I think this was down to how much more positive our midfield was with Bentaleb and Mason in the middle, Ericksen finding more space drifting in from his 'wonky' left midfield position and Lennon offering us genuine pace and width.

The improved personal, formation and shape also meant that we were much more solid in defence - Lennon and Ericksen knew that it was always their job to track Baines and Coleman and Bentaleb had the mobility and physicality to ensure that we had the right protection in the deep central areas.

I don't get to watch much Europa or midweek matches so I have only really started watching Fazio in the last two games. I've been impressed, he wins almost everything in the air and his passing is excellent. I also think Davies looks great and is a good passer too. As lots of people are saying, when Walker comes back that looks a pretty nice back four.

I don't get to watch much Europa or midweek matches so I have only really started watching Fazio in the last two games. I've been impressed, he wins almost everything in the air and his passing is excellent. I also think Davies looks great and is a good passer too. As lots of people are saying, when Walker comes back that looks a pretty nice back four.

I think its a bit early to be assuming Rose wont be in the first choice back four to be honest....

I think whilst Fazio and Vertonghen were very good, the reason we looked so much more solid was we carried the responsibility of defending as a team rather than putting the onus on our CBs. So often the opposition has had a clear run on the centre backs.

Bentaleb and Mason were absolutely brilliant in helping the centre backs. We effectively had Fazio and Vertonghen as a two, then Mason and Bentaleb in front of them as a two and then Kane and Eriksen in front of them. I thought we defended very impressively yesterday. Really pleasing.

Davies against the better clubs. Rose against those willing to sit back.

I'm convinced big Faz is going to be a massive player for us. Reads the game well, which will only improve with the number of matches he plays in the league. He was pretty vocal yesterday in directing players during set pieces, which was good to see. He's got great feet as well, and whilst not lightning, i'm not convinced that he's exactly slow either.

I'm convinced big Faz is going to be a massive player for us. Reads the game well, which will only improve with the number of matches he plays in the league. He was pretty vocal yesterday in directing players during set pieces, which was good to see. He's got great feet as well, and whilst not lightning, i'm not convinced that he's exactly slow either.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Fazio and have defended him on here previously. I really feel that him and Vert can build a promising partnership.

It's this for me, he still needs to settle in league and I worry a bit about him getting caught out on a foul/handball type error, but his prowess in the air is what will make a massive difference for us imo.

It's been way too easy for some time now to just pump a high ball into our box and watch madness/panic ensue. The couple of games he has played with Vert, I've noticed that vulnerability has reduced considerably.

Writing players off after a handful of games makes one look silly to say the least.

Also ONE good game does not suddenly make him a great player. I said he played well.... move on. He has already a lot of mistakes that involve his lack of pace and concentration. That has nothing to do with settling down and they will rear their head several times before the season is up.

If he proves me wrong I can hold my hands up.... IMO saying how you have been impressed by the guy up till now is as foolish, if not more so, because it is based around the propensity for Spurs fans to get excited by a signing. One good game when even Soldado could finish a chance, Davies looked accomplished and Lennon looked dangerous shouldn't be used to throw insults my way. If he shows this form for a good period of games then I can say I am wrong.... i still stand by what I first said at this time.

Last edited:
Also ONE good game does not suddenly make him a great player. I said he played well.... move on. He has already a lot of mistakes that involve his lack of pace and concentration. That has nothing to do with settling down and they will rear their head several times before the season is up.

If he proves me wrong I can hold my hands up.... IMO saying how you have been impressed by the guy up till now is as foolish, if not more so, because it is based around the propensity for Spurs fans to get excited by a signing. One good game when even Soldado could finish a chance, Davies looked accomplished and Lennon looked dangerous shouldn't be used to throw insults my way. If he shows this form for a good period of games then I can say I am wrong.... i still stand by what I first said at this time.

I never said he was a great player ( I would not be foolish enough), some have already written him off now that is foolish.

Played very well two games on the spin against two target men. Happy to be proven wrong over the last few days and that he can compensate for his lack of pace. Well done fredrico, please keep it up

If only other Spurs fans can see themselves going toobearly and being judgemental -won't happen.

Played very well two games on the spin against two target men. Happy to be proven wrong over the last few days and that he can compensate for his lack of pace. Well done fredrico, please keep it up

If only other Spurs fans can see themselves going toobearly and being judgemental -won't happen.

Respect. You didn't hide, takes balls.

Back