• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

How quickly the crowd turn. All based on results.

You can see players start to settle. Fazio and Verts will be next to bed in. They don't have an easy job, as we have to play a high line. If not, we leave so much space when the attacking players are pressing the ball high up the pitch. It's all or nothing. If we press the ball, we need a high line. However, it would be good to see the team able to 'drop off' and play a different game in time. So instead of high line and press, a deeper back line with a two tight lines of players in defence and midfield - done well it is very tough to play through or around.

Agree completely. Fazio and Verts are already starting to look like a good partnership. I think they'll improve with more games. Perhaps shocking to some, but I think most centre back partnerships take a bit longer than this to really settle in.

My issue with what you were saying about Fazio a few games ago was not that he had a bad game but that he was a bad player and would not make it at Spurs. I thought at the time that it was silly to make such an assessment after a handful of games and it looks sillier with each passing match.

I agree that we need to sign defensive reinforcements though and I am sure that we will. Let's hope our fans are patient and give them time to settle in.

Spot on.

People go back to his one real weakness again and again. Regardless of how well he's done in other aspects. And despite other teams doing well with centre backs with the exact same weakness.

I've been critical of him and I can now say he should be our partner for vertonghen. not super hard when compRed to kaboul and chiriches performances.

When I laid into him he'd hate about 6-8 games and had looked appalling. He starred to turn it around and I said so. Let's not pretend that he wasn't shocking against swansea - he's a solid player. Yesterday he got caught on the shoulder 3-4 times but let's remember that this was Danny Ings and had it been a top quality/mobile forward then we would have been in allsorts. Happy he's improved and has been solid, but let's not pretend that he has been imperious lately.

We 100% need a centre half this summer when kaboul leaves

Will you give any new signing more than 6-8 games in total and 2-3 games in the league before making sweeping conclusions on their future at the club?

He wasn't shocking against Swansea.

I hope we sign a new centre back in January. The step down in quality from Fazio and Verts to the current backups is just too great for comfort.

He had another good game for me and is improving with every game, could never understand those who were saying he was **** after just a couple of games.

Will you give any new signing more than 6-8 games in total and 2-3 games in the league before making sweeping conclusions on their future at the club?

He wasn't shocking against Swansea.

I hope we sign a new centre back in January. The step down in quality from Fazio and Verts to the current backups is just too great for comfort.

He was absolutely awful against swansea. Lost bony time and time again and if it wasn't for his wasteful finishing, we should have been down at half time. He gave the ball away countless times and looked shaky as hell. We need another centre half as we need a better first choice partner for verts. Fazio looks like a good option against physical teams and he can be a good squad player for us.

When he plays well I have given him credit and when he has played bad I don't jump down his throat. I still think he looks suspect to any sort of pace and skill which is a worry

When he plays well I have given him credit and when he has played bad I don't jump down his throat. I still think he looks suspect to any sort of pace and skill which is a worry

:rio:

Ok in our team he will consistently be ****. Last time I post on this dude

Looks like a worse Ramon vega

I would take lovren any day of the week.

Whoever is saying he looks alright is kidding themselves. He has been embarrassingly bad thus far. He will be targeted by every manager we come up against

Yeah it is - Fazio has been far worse. Calamity waiting to happen. (And has several times)

As for being good on the ball - he looks clumsy as hell.

I think people are trying to kid themselves we have a player here.,..., maybe he does a mertesecker, but so far I have been gobsmacked that we have signed him

Have you not seen Fazio play? He has been sent off twice in 5 starts (deserved so), has looked clumsy defensively, average on the ball, horrible positionally and slower than Dawson. Yes he was 40% the price of Lovren but you are kidding yourself if you don't think he has been totally out of his depth up until now.

I understand the acclimatisation argument but that does not excuse him letting the ball bounce and getting into trouble, making silly tackles and constantly losing possession? The pace will never be there for him but he could understand how to position himself better and how to deal with the speed of the english game..... the rest of his issues are down to him and he needs to improve drastically.

For once i agree with all the commentators who spoke about how poor he was on sunday (funnily enough that was one of his best games for us)

He had another good game for me and is improving with every game, could never understand those who were saying he was **** after just a couple of games.

It may have something to do with him being **** in them couple of games.

Bar one emotional post there those were observations on a player who had looked like Ramon vega all over for a lot of games up top to them and I felt obliged to tell people. He was utter **** and didn't look up to it. Long term I still feel he might well come unstuck but I back him.

Funnily enough around the ground the consensus seems to be that he is crap and I find myself defending him..... Weird I know

Bar one emotional post there those were observations on a player who had looked like Ramon vega all over for a lot of games up top to them and I felt obliged to tell people. He was utter **** and didn't look up to it. Long term I still feel he might well come unstuck but I back him.

Funnily enough around the ground the consensus seems to be that he is crap and I find myself defending him..... Weird I know
I think that you were OTT in you criticism and were foolish to write him off after a couple of games.

If a crap player is totally dominant in the air to the extent that long balls are no longer a problem, I wonder what an outstanding defender would be....

I'm not 100% convinced by him yet, as I don't think our high line helps him. That said we look settled with the current back four line up and wouldn't change it.

It may have something to do with him being **** in them couple of games.

That is not true, a few idiots decided they did not like him and made their mind up he was crap, read through this thread and you will find them.

Not sure where you sit but I can assure you that is not what I am hearing at the home games or the away.:-k

Not sure where you sit but I can assure you that is not what I am hearing at the home games or the away.:-k

Maybe try listening harder cause most people do not like him.

Also he was absolutely **** for us up until everton. You can't get away from that fact

I don't think you can't really speak for 'most people' at WHL just by eavesdropping on a few conversations from your seat tbf

Back