• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Federico Fazio

So what is it then?.... Is it that he is Argentinian and played in the Spanish league and therefore you just kind of assume that he must be good defensively on the desk and good on the ball?

Any chance you'll drop the sarcasm at any point if you want an actual conversation and discussion?

When he's been exposed defensively against players on the ball I think he's done well. There was one incident against Navas when we played City that stuck a bit in my mind, but there's been others too. He looks like a good tackler and comes out on top more often than I think Dawson would in similar situations. Limited information I know. Will have to see as he develops, but so far I really don't think he looks poor defensively one on one at all. Something Dawson clearly was.

He's also not quite as slow as people are claiming imo. At least not over a distance. He was in a one on one run against Diouf (I think) against Stoke and kept up fairly well.

On the ball there's just no discussion for me. Dawson had a good long range pass in his locker, but was forced to play it long super easily. Fits well in at Hull going by our game on Sunday as they were pressed into playing it long even with just one or two players pushing up. Fazio misplaces some passes, all players do, but looks much more comfortable with taking part in buildup play under a bit of pressure than Dawson ever did.

I'm assuming that he will improve a bit as he continues to settle in with the team and in the league and perhaps gets a run of games with the same central defender and our team settles in a bit more under Poch. Massive assumption I know...

I would take lovren any day of the week.

Whoever is saying he looks alright is kidding themselves. He has been embarrassingly bad thus far. He will be targeted by every manager we come up against

Lovren? you are joking he is a donkey and was crap when we played Southampton last season, and he has been yet another poor buy by Rodgers.

Lovren? you are joking he is a donkey and was crap when we played Southampton last season, and he has been yet another poor buy by Rodgers.

Have you not seen Fazio play? He has been sent off twice in 5 starts (deserved so), has looked clumsy defensively, average on the ball, horrible positionally and slower than Dawson. Yes he was 40% the price of Lovren but you are kidding yourself if you don't think he has been totally out of his depth up until now.

I understand the acclimatisation argument but that does not excuse him letting the ball bounce and getting into trouble, making silly tackles and constantly losing possession? The pace will never be there for him but he could understand how to position himself better and how to deal with the speed of the english game..... the rest of his issues are down to him and he needs to improve drastically.

For once i agree with all the commentators who spoke about how poor he was on sunday (funnily enough that was one of his best games for us)

I'd give Fazio time. All our defenders have been rubbish so far. What do we do, get rid of all of them?

Yeah it is - Fazio has been far worse. Calamity waiting to happen. (And has several times)

As for being good on the ball - he looks clumsy as hell.

I think people are trying to kid themselves we have a player here.,..., maybe he does a mertesecker, but so far I have been gobsmacked that we have signed him

3 ****ing starts ffs

Have you not seen Fazio play? He has been sent off twice in 5 starts (deserved so), has looked clumsy defensively, average on the ball, horrible positionally and slower than Dawson. Yes he was 40% the price of Lovren but you are kidding yourself if you don't think he has been totally out of his depth up until now.

I understand the acclimatisation argument but that does not excuse him letting the ball bounce and getting into trouble, making silly tackles and constantly losing possession? The pace will never be there for him but he could understand how to position himself better and how to deal with the speed of the english game..... the rest of his issues are down to him and he needs to improve drastically.

For once i agree with all the commentators who spoke about how poor he was on sunday (funnily enough that was one of his best games for us)

I have been at every game he has played ( have you?) and he was unlucky to be sent off against City, if you really believe that the Dawson of the last two seasons is better then Fazio then we are never going to agree.

I have been at every game he has played ( have you?) and he was unlucky to be sent off against City, if you really believe that the Dawson of the last two seasons is better then Fazio then we are never going to agree.
I'm not sure I would call it 'unlucky'.... He was clearly pulling a player back in the penalty area. I thought he was 'stupid' instead of 'unlucky' as what he did was always going to be a penalty and possibly a red, whereas leaving Aguero May or may not have resulted in a goal.

Give the guy a chance. Showed some promise. Clearly doesn't look settled yet. He's never going to be a fast CB but he could do well for us...

Give the guy a chance. Showed some promise. Clearly doesn't look settled yet. He's never going to be a fast CB but he could do well for us...

DiMichelis at City looked absolute muck at the start, has settled into a decent player again. Players need time especially centre halfs, you cant just create a partnership over night.

PHP:
Think he has 5 starts plus now. So many better options for a similar price. Astonishing that a handful of people seem to think he has done ok thus far.

Can I ask who are those better options?

And comparing him to Lovren is actually an interesting comparison. Lovren against us last season actually looked like fazio has on occasions this... Not great, however Lovren actually looks worse this season IMO

Give Fazio some time at lea step before hanging the guy. He clearly did well in Spain as his stats had him up there with the best of them

I am not saying he can't become a decent player for us..... players can improve. However as for showing promise can you explain to me in what sense as right now I haven't seen many redeeming features other than he looks decent in the air

Think he has 5 starts plus now. So many better options for a similar price. Astonishing that a handful of people seem to think he has done ok thus far.

Would these better options all be better options as you haven't seen them play in 3 leeague starts for Spurs? Would Fazio as a captain of a good Sevilla team who are defending EL champions have been one of those options, had you not seen him play 3 times in a struggling Spurs defence and decided to write him off?

I am not saying he can't become a decent player for us..... players can improve. However as for showing promise can you explain to me in what sense as right now I haven't seen many redeeming features other than he looks decent in the air

We haven't seen many redeeming features from Lamela - other than he looks world class when he does a rabona - yet the consensus is that we need to give him time to settle and adapt. Seeing as Fazio has played immeasurably less games, would it be fair to also apply the same logic to the other Argentine in our squad??

He has won nearly everything in the air ( something we have not done for seasons) and if you are seriously writing off a player who has played a handful of games then I really can not understand some of our fans, have you seen him in the flesh or just on the TV?

Back