• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Isn't that called negotiating? What is illegal or wrong with that? On the one hand he is accused of overpaying for players. Which in turn increased juves turnover and share price, now he's being accused of getting players on the cheap? You can't have it both ways.
I’m glad I wasn’t the only one reading that and wondering what was actually illegal In that article?

Isn't that called negotiating? What is illegal or wrong with that? On the one hand he is accused of overpaying for players. Which in turn increased juves turnover and share price, now he's being accused of getting players on the cheap? You can't have it both ways.

That is exactly what I thought. Although I’m assuming there is some more substance to what is in the story.

That is exactly what I thought. Although I’m assuming there is some more substance to what is in the story.

It seems someone is leaking recordings the prosecution have made over the last couple of years. Which bits are legal and which not will be for a court to decide, the media are just javing a field day and reporting everything. The other day it was juves dof blaming paratici for the current state of the club. Saying he wasted €700m. Which is gonad*s as he never spent anything near that for a start. Also blamed him for sacking pirlo to soon, even though paratici was sacked 2 days before pirlo.

I think with regards to your last question mate, we are again approaching the reality that the board need to fully invest. The draw-down was (as someone said here earlier, apologies for forgetting who) as much to take care of fees owed for Romero, etc, as buying new. Richy was an investment, yet we sold Bergy and got half that money back. Perisic a very smart free pick-up for his experience. Lenglet was clearly a stopgap because we were not prepared to break bank for Bastoni or Gvardiol (partially understandable as the fees were silly) and he wanted Zaniolo and didn’t get him. Personally, I think it will come down to proper speculation in the next two windows. I think the January window is vital, as much for Conte’s appetite as anything else. He knows that Kane and Son are maybe two more seasons max, and he will further know his best chance of winning trophies is with them. We need to give him his blue chip nominees in Jan. I personally don’t think there’s much of an excuse at this point not to end January with at least one more CB of world class, a midfielder he wants (I know who I’d want!) and a Deccy-type cover.

I think with the Arse, it is worth remembering they are 4 years into a project. Man U? They just have the money to throw. Antony deal was insane wasn’t it?

Very tough to tell how good the signings are until the squad stays fit and players play in their preferred positions, but certainly right now, I’d agree that it looks like we remained at least two signings short, especially when you consider Conte does not trust Gil or Japhet.

....and on top of it Conte doesn't want to commit to the club but keeps asking for more.
Its logical that the club won't spend more unless conte commits to a longer contract.
Perhaps there's an impasse at the club? Is Conte still staying in a hotel?

I am sure that the club would have known of the investigations around paratici long before it broke. Perhaps there's more reason for Levy to not over commit just in case we lose paratici and then conte quits.

about the charges - well al capone was prosecuted on tax evasion... if the prosecutors are going for paratici, they must think he is guilty for something else. not saying that it is true or not, with the powerful institutions there who knows what is the motivation for prosecuting a football club staff if its not straight up fraud or corruption.

I am sure that the club would have known of the investigations around paratici long before it broke. Perhaps there's more reason for Levy to not over commit just in case we lose paratici and then conte quits.

It's possible, but also possible the club didn't know the details and took Paratici at his word that it was all above board. There's a tendency to assume that Levy has a handle on literally everything, all the time, but if there's one thing the past few years have proven, it's that he just does not operate as efficiently and effectively as people imagine he does.

He may well *try* to micromanage everything, sure. But things like the continuing lack of a commercial stadium deal, the PR disaster around COVID furloughs, the aborted Super League, relying on Steve 'Hate January' Hitchen as his only scout, letting our backroom staff stagnate and wither, show he isn't quite good at it. And Spurs, as a company, have grown too large to be handled with that level of micromanagement anyway. Delegation was badly needed here, and to Levy's great credit, he saw it himself, stepped back and let professionals get on with it.

But that comes with a certain degree of abstraction, and that means we can't be sure the club were fully clued in on Paratici potentially being banged up abroad when we got him.

As for the summer window, suffice to say I agree with @thfcsteff - looking back at it, it was a job half done, although I remain steadfast in my belief that the capital injection was utterly incredible and not something I would ever have expected ENIC to do in any circumstances. But we needed more, as is now clear. Luckily, we do have what is likely to be an extraordinarily busy January ahead, and I pray we take advantage of it. But Conte needs to signal some form of commitment too, imo.

Last edited:
It's possible, but also possible the club didn't know the details and took Paratici at his word that it was all above board. There's a tendency to assume that Levy has a handle on literally everything, all the time, but if there's one thing the past few years have proven, it's that he just does not operate as efficiently and effectively as people imagine he does.

He may well *try* to micromanage everything, sure. But things like the continuing lack of a commercial stadium deal, the PR disaster around COVID furloughs, the aborted Super League, relying on Steve 'Hate January' Hitchen as his only scout, letting our backroom staff stagnate and wither, show he isn't quite good at it. And Spurs, as a company, have grown too large to be handled with that level of micromanagement anyway. Delegation was badly needed here, and to Levy's great credit, he saw it himself, stepped back and let professionals get on with it.

But that comes with a certain degree of abstraction, and that means we can't be sure the club were fully clued in on Paratici potentially being banged up abroad when we got him.

As for the summer window, suffice to say I agree with @thfcsteff - looking back at it, it was a job half done, although I remain steadfast in my belief that the capital injection was utterly incredible and not something I would ever have expected ENIC to do in any circumstances. But we needed more, as is now clear. Luckily, we do have what is likely to be an extraordinarily busy January ahead, and I pray we take advantage of it. But Conte needs to signal some form of commitment too, imo.

The super league isn't aborted, just in that format. The judge is going to release his verdict in about an hour. Not binding but will then be ratified in march by the madrid court that brought it.

Edit - now it's dead. Will be interesting to see what happens to real, juve and barca now.

Last edited:
No move for Kane then in the summer if were effectively under transfer embargo...

Maybe we should just go all chelsea this next fortnight, and make 2.5 years worth of signings in this grace period before the appeal happens?

So what does the suspension actually mean? That he can't work for football clubs in Italy?
If he's employed in the UK, does it mean he can't interact with an Italian club (how would that even work?) or can't be officially involved in transfer negotiations?

I think Levy either has to let him go now, or suspend him pending the appeal. I don't see how he can keep someone found guilty of fraud actively working for the club.

Back