• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fabio Paratici - Consultant

Find myself hoping that Paratici has plans for a busy January both with incomings and outgoings.

A repeat of last January with two players coming straight in and making themselves first choice may be asking for a lot, but I will hope.
That was an exceptional January, but I don't think we should expect that again. Obviously hope we can repeat it.

Since Juventus were more than willing to sell us, what now appears to be, their two best players, who are Paratici considering robbing from them? Vlahovic and McKennie possibly?

Since Juventus were more than willing to sell us, what now appears to be, their two best players, who are Paratici considering robbing from them? Vlahovic and McKennie possibly?
I like McKennie but he is the same as what we already have. Would be an odd move
Locatelli would be a great but unlikely signing

That was an exceptional January, but I don't think we should expect that again. Obviously hope we can repeat it.

it wasn't a really good december to me, paratici has to make up for it. i rated it as a pass and still feel the same about it. was hoping that our top spend were to show some clear contribution to lift our game but it so far its been OK, not impressive:

- perisic - not the world class superfit player that many said he would be. i can see he offers much in crosses, but we still have issues getting soneone to convert them. with his age, i expect to see more decline than improvements.

- lenglet - OK and sound but not upgrade despite relatively huge salary we're funding. and we are still leaky in defence. has the tools to get better with time but seriously as a barca player in his prime and can't hold down his place ....

- richarlison - more atheletic and bigger version of moura, lots of energy but a generalist and not known for goals; inclusion has also seen the evaporation of our attacking mojo from last season.

All in we did get depth but very little improvement in quality. Yes we are third i know, but last season stats since conte arrived showed us with similkar quality. sure injuries happen and time is needed to bed in the players but the competition is certainly improving faster than us - arsenal, man u and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit.... so we need to catch up!

that said:
- we need to give players sufficient chances to prove themselves ... AGREE
- takes time to bed in new players .... AGREE (but is it also about better recruitment of ready players with experience and attitude
- we would be worse off due to injuries if not for the reinforcements .... AGREE, however is it too much to ask for depth AND quality?
- it is unrealistic and Conte needs 2-3 years considering many players are ageing .... AGREE, then lets get players on which we can build the team on (i.e. not Perisic and Lenglet)
- it depends on non controllable factors .... AGREE... so what do we need to do to attract the best and brightest potential? incease transfer budget? or increase wages so the player has a stronger say in his transfer?

Last edited:
it wasn't a really good december to me, paratici has to make up for it. i rated it as a pass and still feel the same about it. was hoping that our top spend were to show some clear contribution to lift our game but it so far its been OK, not impressive:

- perisic - not the world class superfit player that many said he would be. i can see he offers much in crosses, but we still have issues getting soneone to convert them. with his age, i expect to see more decline than improvements.

- lenglet - OK and sound but not upgrade despite relatively huge salary we're funding. and we are still leaky in defence. has the tools to get better with time but seriously as a barca player in his prime and can't hold down his place ....

- richarlison - more atheletic and bigger version of moura, lots of energy but a generalist and not known for goals; inclusion has also seen the evaporation of our attacking mojo from last season.

All in we did get depth but very little improvement in quality. Yes we are third i know, but last season stats since conte arrived showed us with similkar quality. sure injuries happen and time is needed to bed in the players but the competition is certainly improving faster than us - arsenal, man u and Saudi Sportswashing Outfit.... so we need to catch up!

that said:
- takes time to bed in new players .... AGREE (but is it also about better recruitment of ready players with experience and attitude
- we would be worse off due to injuries if not for the reinforcements .... AGREE, however is it too much to ask for depth AND quality?
- it is unrealistic and Conte needs 2-3 years considering many players are ageing .... AGREE, then lets get players on which we can build the team on (i.e. not Perisic and Lenglet)
- it depends on non controllable factors .... AGREE... so what do we need to do to attract the best and brightest potential? incease transfer budget? or increase wages so the player has a stronger say in his transfer?
Richarlison played in the right position has a 1 in 3 record playing for poor sides
His international record as a 9 is very very good. He is known for goals but not as a rwf
Lenglet is a free hit. We’re paying a salary but not fee. And he is different but not an upgrade I agree. His passing though will help us more than people realise IMO
Perisic hasn’t shined as I would expect but has has had injuries and played on (he went off va Denmark after a Hojberg whack)
You haven’t mentioned bissouma ?
You regularly mention arsenal but you probably need to look at the impact of their summer signing too for comparison… so far only one has had any impact. Two have been injured. Their relative success has been keeping a fit first 11 and not having to use back ups (their team doesn’t change)

Richarlison played in the right position has a 1 in 3 record playing for poor sides
His international record as a 9 is very very good. He is known for goals but not as a rwf
Lenglet is a free hit. We’re paying a salary but not fee. And he is different but not an upgrade I agree. His passing though will help us more than people realise IMO
Perisic hasn’t shined as I would expect but has has had injuries and played on (he went off va Denmark after a Hojberg whack)
You haven’t mentioned bissouma ?
You regularly mention arsenal but you probably need to look at the impact of their summer signing too for comparison… so far only one has had any impact. Two have been injured. Their relative success has been keeping a fit first 11 and not having to use back ups (their team doesn’t change)

Perisic showed he can deliver quality crosses. Showed what he is about. On a free, again its just his wages. Brings some experience. He must have a few assists at least. Defo potential to score goals too.

Lenglet probably does lack some stability defending. But otherwise he’s a good player. If he was our player, I would want us to make him a key player and to get settled, as he’d come good imo.

Richarlison. Maybe the only criticism of his signing is the price. 50-60m is a lot. But for a forward who’s 25 and a Brazil international, hard worker, scores, assists its probably a fair price. There are better deals out there like Kulu but you know what you are getting with Richarlison. Cheaper punts maybe more risky.

that said:

I think with regards to your last question mate, we are again approaching the reality that the board need to fully invest. The draw-down was (as someone said here earlier, apologies for forgetting who) as much to take care of fees owed for Romero, etc, as buying new. Richy was an investment, yet we sold Bergy and got half that money back. Perisic a very smart free pick-up for his experience. Lenglet was clearly a stopgap because we were not prepared to break bank for Bastoni or Gvardiol (partially understandable as the fees were silly) and he wanted Zaniolo and didn’t get him. Personally, I think it will come down to proper speculation in the next two windows. I think the January window is vital, as much for Conte’s appetite as anything else. He knows that Kane and Son are maybe two more seasons max, and he will further know his best chance of winning trophies is with them. We need to give him his blue chip nominees in Jan. I personally don’t think there’s much of an excuse at this point not to end January with at least one more CB of world class, a midfielder he wants (I know who I’d want!) and a Deccy-type cover.

I think with the Arse, it is worth remembering they are 4 years into a project. Man U? They just have the money to throw. Antony deal was insane wasn’t it?

Very tough to tell how good the signings are until the squad stays fit and players play in their preferred positions, but certainly right now, I’d agree that it looks like we remained at least two signings short, especially when you consider Conte does not trust Gil or Japhet.

yeah its getting very competitive moneywise in the league. chelsea has more money with boehly and so does Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
I understand that arsenal are in their 4th year of the project but don't think its an excuse for demanding immediate improvements from each transfer window.
man u spent well with immediate improvements too and in the first year of their project just like us, maybe 2nd transfer window is less obvious and more tricky, we'll see.

nevertheless we need to spend better than the competition.
i highlight perisic and lenglet as their wages put them both in the top 5 earners, however, they've had limited contribution to games so far.

upload_2022-10-28_9-46-40.png

Perisic's wages is crazy high if you consider the wages of the rest:

upload_2022-10-28_9-57-31.png

I get it that Conte is buying experience, but not sure if its worth it. Maybe better taking gamble on youths like Sporting - they had 5 under 23's playing against and fared well across both legs.

yeah its getting very competitive moneywise in the league. chelsea has more money with boehly and so does Saudi Sportswashing Outfit.
I understand that arsenal are in their 4th year of the project but don't think its an excuse for demanding immediate improvements from each transfer window.
man u spent well with immediate improvements too and in the first year of their project just like us, maybe 2nd transfer window is less obvious and more tricky, we'll see.

nevertheless we need to spend better than the competition.
i highlight perisic and lenglet as their wages put them both in the top 5 earners, however, they've had limited contribution to games so far.

View attachment 14686

Perisic's wages is crazy high if you consider the wages of the rest:

View attachment 14687

I get it that Conte is buying experience, but not sure if its worth it. Maybe better taking gamble on youths like Sporting - they had 5 under 23's playing against and fared well across both legs.

Perisic was a free transfer. Add amortisation costs to that he drops down the list. Although i have no idea how accurate those figures are.

Does anyone remember when Arsene Wenger used to moan about other clubs spending big but their squad at the time had about 10 players on over 100k a week including some real terrible ones? I'm sure at the time we had Robbie Keane on 80k as our top earner. Not really relevant I just recalled it after seeing how we now have a few players above the 100k mark.

Yes but injection of funds in recent years in the epl is ridiculous. Its the gift that keeps on giving to the UK economy ...Keeping up is a challenge as we did without winning much.

Great that we've got the stadium done but its something the competition can eventually emulate to narrow the gap. We need trophies soon.

Or ESL if it means a more level playing field.
c055574886b76661d09d3de426afcc4a.jpg
0c65271d6bcdf39394991442dc48b3fe.jpg

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/mr/mr47/en/

Reports arrest warrants prepared for Agnelli and Paratici over Juventus scandal

Despite the resignation and a statement laying out the case for the defence, there are still reports an arrest warrant is being prepared for former Juventus President Andrea Agnelli and Tottenham director Fabio Paratici.

The entire Board of Directors resigned abruptly on Monday evening, with a new set of directors to be appointed in January.

There were some suggestions that the resignations were a bid to take some of the legal heat off the club and themselves, but it does not seem to have worked.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, news agency ANSA and more, the authorities in Turin have prepared an arrest warrant for Agnelli and the other 14 who had already received a warning they were under investigation last month.

That list includes former Juventus director of sport Paratici, who left the club last year to take over at Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.

A statement on the official Juventus website goes to great pains to point out that financial fraud was not one of the accusations.

Nonetheless, there are various allegations linked to that, including false statements, obstruction of financial authorities and false paperwork.

In all, there were 16 ‘people’ under investigation, including Juventus as a club.

https://football-italia.net/reports...r-agnelli-and-paratici-over-juventus-scandal/

We all know how Italian corruption cases end though - the investigators get cut in too, everyone is found innocent and everyone goes home happy.

Back