• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ex-managers: I'm pining for the past and cannot move on

Which Ex-Manager?

• Martin Jol

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Juande Ramos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Andre Villas Boas

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Tim Sherwood

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters
:ross: at someone voting for Ramos

Double :ross: at Ramos getting more votes than
Can+t+we+just+download+more+ram+_315af90a5a193b7c07b6ad6fb777305c.jpg

I'd just like to add - how the **** is this thread still going?

I go away for a couple of days and people are still banging on about the bad old days :3walls: <-- Needs more walls.

The bad old days where we played fantastic football and qualified for the Champions League? Are those the 'bad old days' you're referring to? I tell you what, I'll take those bad old days over the utter ****e we've been served up recently.

The bad old days where we played fantastic football and qualified for the Champions League? Are those the 'bad old days' you're referring to? I tell you what, I'll take those bad old days over the utter ****e we've been served up recently.

The bad old days started in the mid-to-late 80s. We stumbled through to the very early 90s, but really it's been ****e ever since.

2 league cup wins in 23 years is nowhere near good enough for one of the traditional big 5 (or big 7 with the two doping teams) clubs.

Amazing, isn't it?

No, the bad old days where our care in the community manager failed to get the best out of the handful of world class players we had.

No, the bad old days where our care in the community manager failed to get the best out of the handful of world class players we had.

Yeah, we're on to a winner if we keep signing players like Capoue and Paulinho. We finished 4th when we should have finished 3rd, boohoo. AVB arguably should have got us 4th in his first season too.

Yeah, we're on to a winner if we keep signing players like Capoue and Paulinho. We finished 4th when we should have finished 3rd, boohoo. AVB arguably should have got us 4th in his first season too.

We had a great run-in in spring 2013. It was just that Arsenal had better than title-winning form over those last 8-10 matches.

The bad old days started in the mid-to-late 80s. We stumbled through to the very early 90s, but really it's been ****e ever since.

2 league cup wins in 23 years is nowhere near good enough for one of the traditional big 5 (or big 7 with the two doping teams) clubs.

Perhaps us fans need to stop deluding ourselves that Spurs are one of the giants of English football and accept the fact that (aside from a few golden years under Nicholson and Rowe) we are traditionally a mid-table club who occasionally pick up a cup :-k Even before they won the lotto, Cit£h had won the title just as many times as us...

2rmuwph.jpg

2yl2xps.jpg

We also had a 7 point lead and then AVB came out with that "negative spiral" comment which sent Arsenal into an even bigger tailspin

We did. But at least no-one could ever accuse AVB of taking his eye off the ball. Maybe he wasn't good enough or maybe he suffered bad luck in not having Modric/having to adapt and not getting Moutinho. Who knows, and that will always be a subject of opinion. But his application? Never. He gave everything. He was a nutter. If Harry had given even 20% of that onto of what he did give those last two half-seasons, we'd have done it comfortably. Harry had the moment; twice really. And he blew it twice because he didn't give the Tottenham Hotspur manager's job his full attention. You could argue that he didn't need to because of the players he had who could do it alone...but as we saw (twice) however good your squad they still need their manager at those critical junctures.

We did. But at least no-one could ever accuse AVB of taking his eye off the ball. Maybe he wasn't good enough or maybe he suffered bad luck in not having Modric/having to adapt and not getting Moutinho. Who knows, and that will always be a subject of opinion. But his application? Never. He gave everything. He was a nutter. If Harry had given even 20% of that onto of what he did give those last two half-seasons, we'd have done it comfortably. Harry had the moment; twice really. And he blew it twice because he didn't give the Tottenham Hotspur manager's job his full attention. You could argue that he didn't need to because of the players he had who could do it alone...but as we saw (twice) however good your squad they still need their manager at those critical junctures.

That's not true ask chich for details, and you will see in the last month he was not game.

:ross: at someone voting for Ramos

Double :ross: at Ramos getting more votes than

IMO there were times under Ramos when we looked better than we did under all of the others other than Redknapp. The problem was that after winning the Carling Cup we went on holiday for most of our other games, I think the fact that the manager allowed this to happen then did him no favours the following season (although he was also massively hampered by Keane being sold and Berbatov throwing his toys out of the pram and also eventually being sold).

Great Post Steff sums up my feelings on harry too.

I had no problem with AVB's application (well right up until the point that he decided he couldn't be bothered to try to turn it around) I just had a problem with his ability.... I can genuinely remember not actually wanting to use my season ticket and go and watch the matches. It was as though he had misinterpreted the famous "The great fallacy" quote and thought that it said that "it WAS about boring the other lot to death"

I had no problem with AVB's application (well right up until the point that he decided he couldn't be bothered to try to turn it around) I just had a problem with his ability.... I can genuinely remember not actually wanting to use my season ticket and go and watch the matches. It was as though he had misinterpreted the famous "The great fallacy" quote and thought that it said that "it WAS about boring the other lot to death"

Both you and DTA are re-writing history here.
I get asked multiple times for sources on this sort of thing, I'd like some in this case.
He might well have become thoroughly ****ed off (indeed I know he was ****ed off as early as the season before!) and he might well have felt that he had hit a wall given the circumstances (and his own rather curious nature - this edges into speculation and is something I cannot prove factually but I have always believed he had some sort of light asperger-ish response to pressure - again, I stress, not a fact and only speculation) but he never gave less than he was physically and mentally capable of giving at that given moment. He didn't look for other jobs while under our employ (he turned down the PSG tap-up, something which came because word had circulated that he and Levy were not getting on) and he was fighting for it.

The other stuff you wrote? Beyond argument because it's your opinion, and you were not alone. I don't see quite as badly, however again, I wouldn't and couldn't criticize an opinion mate. I think it was his time to go incidentally.

Back