• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

small squad struggling with injuries and having to play thursday night europa league matches

I agree with this; I actually like Martinez and the way Everton played last year, but I'd be happy if they crash and burn this season as a very c0cky Gooner bet me £100 that we would not finish higher than 7th. Everton having a bad season means that I have better chance of gaining my money and wiping that snug grin off the Gooner's face

Everton set for takeover by former Arsenal shareholder

Former Arsenal shareholder Farhad Moshiri is set to buy Everton, reports The Telegraph.

Reports on Friday, from the Daily Mail specifically, had revealed that the Blues were set to be bought by a mysterious Middle Eastern consortium after talks with Bill Kenwright.

That came as something of a surprise, after it had been thought that they were duo to sell to an American consortium led by John Jay Moores. Evertonian and former broadcaster Elton Welsby had earlier reported that the proposed takeover by the American investors group had been called off.

And it now transpires that former Arsenal shareholder Moshiri has manoeuvred himself into position to by the club ahead of the Americans. At present it is unknown whether he is operating on his own or has formed a group to buy the club, but a deal could be agreed as early as Tuesday. Moshiri is Iranian by birth, but currently resides in the UK. A British passport holder, he is believed to be worth £2bn.

It is not currently clear if he is the "Middle Easterner" referred to by multiple press outlets. The source cited in those reports are from within the club and said that the situation was too sensitive at this stage to reveal any names.

That has been confirmed by BBC Sport's Phil McNulty, who tweeted as much on Saturday morning.

Moshiri recently sold his stake in the Gunners to their second largest shareholder Alisher Usmanov, with the money from that sale allowing him to take ownership at Goodison Park.

He had grown frustrated with his lack of influence for his money at the Emirates, with his 30.04% not enough to earn him a place on the Gunners board.

According to the report from The Telegraph, Moshiri's willingness to allow current chairman Kenwright to remain in a position of power gives him an advantage over his rival bidders at present.

This puts yet another twist in the now long-running saga of the Everton takeover with multiple proposed owners being linked with the club but nothing concrete observed as yet.

http://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com...r-by-former-arsenal-shareholder-february-2016

that's interesting, Kenwright seems to have been holding out for someone with a plan he trusted

although Doug Ellis made all the same noises and look at what happened there

in the words of Kevin Keegan, "I would love it, absolutely love it" if someone turned up at Everton and outspent and outperformed their scummy neighbors

He had grown frustrated with his lack of influence for his money at the Emirates, with his 30.04% not enough to earn him a place on the Gunners board.

Wasn't Moshiri the junior partner to Usmanov. It's Usmanov who owns most of that 30% and is being blocked from the board. He has expressed frustration that the board won't let him inject £100m into the club.

Usmanov is one of the richest part-owners in the PL, so he would be the one to watch if he gave up on Arsenal and looked elsewhere. He could be a sugar-daddy like Abramovich.

that's interesting, Kenwright seems to have been holding out for someone with a plan he trusted

although Doug Ellis made all the same noises and look at what happened there

in the words of Kevin Keegan, "I would love it, absolutely love it" if someone turned up at Everton and outspent and outperformed their scummy neighbors
Shouldn't be tough.

Has this been mentioned?

They have some team being put together now, Rooney as bad as he was for United last season will be a good signing for Everton.

Where will Rooney play? He's a no.9 who thinks he's good enough to play anywhere, but slow and overpaid. brick signing, will be a monkey on their back.
Also, buying a new team with the Bale money didn't work out short term.

Keane is a high class centre half no doubts and Dany K is a very classy Midfield operator.

Rooney playing week in week out at Everton will be very good for them, the fact he is still only 31 will work in his favour

If you move the decimal point from the transfer fees by one spot, they start to look more realistic.

upload_2017-7-9_15-28-50.png

keane £3m, pickford £3.m, klassen £2.6m, onyekuru £700k, sandro half mil.

Has this been mentioned?

They have some team being put together now, Rooney as bad as he was for United last season will be a good signing for Everton.

They are spending a lot of money to consolidate 7th. Big spending does not equal improvement.

You not think they actually have a good squad? I look at them and think they will be very decent next season

I expect them to finish where they did this season. They are paying a lot to simply improve their squad, which they have to with the added games in Europe, but none of them are anything special.

I expect them to finish where they did this season. They are paying a lot to simply improve their squad, which they have to with the added games in Europe, but none of them are anything special.

Keane and Dany Klas are very good

The striker Sandro is expected to do very well, and Lookman is going to improve.

Im not trying to over inflate what they have done but they have done very good work

Keane and Dany Klas are very good

The striker Sandro is expected to do very well, and Lookman is going to improve.

Im not trying to over inflate what they have done but they have done very good work

None of them are players you'd see in the starting XI of the 6 clubs above them though. It's where we were a few years ago, taking a chance on those overlooked by the big clubs. Paying over the odds doesn't make these players any better.

Where will Rooney play? He's a no.9 who thinks he's good enough to play anywhere, but slow and overpaid. brick signing, will be a monkey on their back.
Also, buying a new team with the Bale money didn't work out short term.
He will play in the Gareth Barry role. In fact it is a seamless switch.

Back