• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Europa League - Round of 32: Fiorentina (ITA)

Re: The Race for Europa League

Awful. I remember him missing a penalty for us too, against Bolton I believe? Someone with his technique should be dispatching pens in the top bin.

Odd thing is, that Hull played Trencin, and drew 0-0.

Just one result wrong - or the whole set supplied ?

Odesa and Sociedad's countries are on separate lines which pushes the teams below down one row

BATE Borisov 3 - 1 Debrecen

3-2 on aggregate, Debrecen into the EL

Maccabi Tel Aviv 2 - 2 Maribor

2-3 on aggregate, Maccabi Tel Aviv into the EL

Panathinaikos 1 - 2 Standard Liege

Paul-Jose M'Poku with the winner for Standard Liege.

1-2 on aggregate, Panathinaikos into the EL

Lille 1 - 1 Grasshoppers

3-1 on aggregate, Grasshoppers into the EL

Panathinaikos and Maccabi will seeded in the playoff draw while the other two are likely to be unseeded.

We need to win this thing, doubt we'll make top 4 next season so this is our ticket into the CL. We should be able to beat all the teams currently in it. The CL dropouts may pose a challenge especially if teams like Liverpool, Roma, Juve, etc are among them, but still this competition needs to be our #1 priority.

We need to win this thing, doubt we'll make top 4 next season so this is our ticket into the CL. We should be able to beat all the teams currently in it. The CL dropouts may pose a challenge especially if teams like Liverpool, Roma, Juve, etc are among them, but still this competition needs to be our #1 priority.

I like the idea, but realistically we shouldn't have a priority competition until after Christmas. That's when we'll know how our top four challenge is going and we should easily qualify for the Europa knockouts without too much hassle.

The Christmas period of games is brutal, and is usually when you know how your season is going to end up looking.

The EL is not an easy competition to win, especially from the start.

The EL is not an easy competition to win, especially from the start.

I don't think the start needs to make a great deal of difference. Our fringe players should be enough to see us through, maybe a few top seniors for the last home game if needed.

But we so need to take it seriously by the last 16. None of this playing Brad Friedel - or even Vorm. If Lloris is first choice, play Lloris.

Yes, it will need a good hard think about priority against the league. And it's also a bit more about luck. But we need I take it seriously first.

Zenit St. Petersburg 3 - 0 AEL Limassol

3-1 on aggregate, Limassol to EL

APOEL Nicosia 2 - 0 HJK

4-2 on aggregate, HJK to EL.

FC Sheriff 0 - 0 Slovan Bratislava

1-2 on aggregate, Sheriff to EL.

Malmo FF 2 - 0 Sparta Prague

4-4 on aggregate, Sparta Prague to EL.

Besiktas 3 - 1 Feyenoord

5-2 on aggregate, Demba Ba with all 3 goals, Feyenoord to EL.

Steaua Bucuresti 2 - 1 Aktobe

4-3 on aggregate, Aktobe to EL.

FC Koebenhavn 2 - 0 Dnipro

2-0 on aggregate, Dnipro to EL.

Salzburg 2 - 0 FK Karabakh

3-2 on aggregate, Karabakh to EL.

Celtic 0 - 2 Legia Warszawa

1-6 on aggregate, Celtic to EL.

Dinamo Zagreb 0 - 2 AaB

1-2 on aggregate, Dinamo Zagreb to EL.

Partizan Beograd 2 - 2 PFC Ludogorets Razgrad

2-2 on aggregate, Partizan Beograd to EL.

Preliminary seeding if all seeded teams go through from the 3rd qualifying round:
Code:
Seeded teams                   coef.              Unseeded teams                 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Olympique Lyon *3        Fra  97.300              Partizan Belgrade @3     Srb  14.825
Internazionale           Ita  95.387              Torino *3                Ita  13.387
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  75.949              Feyenoord @3             Ned  13.362
PSV Eindhoven *3         Ned  64.862              Esbjerg fB **            Den  13.260
Villarreal               Esp  53.542              AS Saint-Étienne         Fra  12.800
FC Twente Enschede       Ned  50.862              Rio Ave *3               Por  12.459
Metalist Kharkiv         Ukr  45.693              Dinamo Moscow *3         Rus  12.399
Viktoria Plzen *3        Cze  40.870              Zulte Waregem **         Bel  12.260
PAOK Thessaloniki        Gre  37.720              Rosenborg BK *           Nor  11.355
Celtic @3                Sco  36.813              IF Elfsborg **           Swe  11.265
Club Brugge *3           Bel  32.260              DVSC Debrecen @3         Hun  10.325
Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk @3 Ukr  32.193              Omonia Nicosia **        Cyp  10.150
Trabzonspor              Tur  31.340              Hajduk Split **          Cro   9.925
Panathinaikos @3         Gre  30.220              Atromitos FC *3          Gre   9.720
Sparta Praha @3          Cze  28.870              Grasshoppers Zürich @3   Sui   9.645
CFR Cluj **              Rom  25.451              FK Rostov                Rus   9.399
Borussia Mönchengladbach Ger  25.328              FK Krasnodar **          Rus   9.399
Real Sociedad *3         Esp  24.542              Molde FK **              Nor   9.355
Young Boys *3            Sui  24.145              NK Rijeka **             Cro   8.925
Dinamo Zagreb @3         Cro  23.925              PEC Zwolle               Ned   8.862
Lokomotiv Moscow         Rus  20.899              KSC Lokeren              Bel   8.760
Rapid Wien               Aut  19.185              Apollon Limassol         Cyp   8.650
FC Zürich                Sui  18.645              FK Aktobe @3             Kaz   8.150
Nacional Funchal         Por  17.959              AEL Limassol @3          Cyp   7.650
Maccabi Tel-Aviv @3      Isr  17.875              Garabag Agdam @3         Azb   7.575
FSV Mainz 05 *3          Ger  17.328              HJK Helsinki @3          Fin   7.435
Lech Poznan **           Pol  17.275              FC Midtjylland           Den   6.760
Sheriff Tiraspol @3      Mol  17.075              St. Johnstone **         Sco   4.813 -  5.200
Hull City *3             Eng  16.949              Zimbru Chisinau *        Mol   3.075 -  6.185
Slovan Liberec **        Cze  16.870              Chikhura Sachkhere *     Geo   2.475 -  7.075
Chernomorets Odesa *3    Ukr  16.193              FK Astana *              Kaz   1.900 -  7.765

Wouldn't mind avoiding teams like Torino or Dinamo Moscow.

Re: The Race for Europa League - Playoff Draw Friday at 12

I see Hull has sold out for its 1st ever EL game, thats good, I remember we did too, Slavia Prague I think it was...

Draw priority is the same as always - some sh1t but local! St Johnstone?

I like playing 'old school' European names
My preferred choices would be ST Etienne, Grasshoppers Zurich or Hajduk Split

I'd rather have a slightly easier qualifying game than St Etienne, to be honest. Potential banana skin there. We wouldn't be able to rest too many players.

I'm with AdamB - St Johnstone would be a nice draw. Short and easy away trip to Perth and a tie that we should be able to win comfortably with a largely second string team.

Last edited:

I'd prefer us to get those sort of teams once we're through the group stages and into the knock-out rounds

Does winning plenty of group games every year against some half-decent but not great sides still push up our coefficient much or can we only really improve it by beating better ranked teams like Lyon etc. in the later stages?

I'm just thinking about the day when we get back in the CL ;)

Back