• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

[video=youtube;Dyx4v1QFzhQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ[/video]

I love capoue poue, I love capoue poue, I love capoue poue

I love capoueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

spot on with this marky!!!!!! awesome stuff. song nailed on - unlike Soldado

I thought Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Sig, Carroll and one out of Parker, Hudd and Livermore would mean a lot of options and real strength in depth in midfield. Adding Capoue to that (whilst possibly selling all of Parker, Hudd and Livermore) would give us amazing strength in midfield.

Another point is that we're seemingly taking advantage of our position in the footballing world. Selling those that aren't quite good enough for us expensively to smaller PL clubs with plenty of money and a need for PL proven quality players whilst beating those same clubs to players like Capoue (or Lloris, Vertonghen, Chadli) for relatively speaking small fees could be brilliant business. We might end up pulling something similar replacing Caulker with Chiriches for less than we got for Caulker.

Mackay (Cardiff's manager) said they had a bid accepted for Capoue but he looks set to go elsewhere

that was last nights report from a French radio station...as in medical today.....

truth is no-one knows yet......hopefully we will learn more later today.

still no news from Spurs about agreeing a fee with the club

Chadli was done without medical or agreeing terms though.

True, although his agent had already told the press that he was signing for us :)

I'm guessing there were finishing touches to be put to the paperwork and that the deal was essentially agreed with the player too.

Were you expecting any news about that?

Spurs won't say anything until/unless a fee is agreed with the club, terms are agreed with the player and all contracts are signed.

all im saying is that IF its true about the medical today, then its surprising because by now there would have been a Spurs announcement judging by previous deals

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Valencia for the transfer of Roberto Soldado subject to medical.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with FC Twente for the transfer of Nacer Chadli.

Subject to personal terms and medical, the Belgian international winger will join up with the squad for pre-season training in Hong Kong next week.

should have an indication tomorrow anyway whether he is involved in Toulouse 1st game in league UHHH!

all im saying is that IF its true about the medical today, then its surprising because by now there would have been a Spurs announcement judging by previous deals

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Valencia for the transfer of Roberto Soldado subject to medical.

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with FC Twente for the transfer of Nacer Chadli.

Subject to personal terms and medical, the Belgian international winger will join up with the squad for pre-season training in Hong Kong next week.

Judging by previous deals we're still in for at least a week of speculation from agents, french newspapers and re-hashes from every online sports section before something actually happens :)

Although I agree that if that one french source about a medical today was right then we should be hearing something today at some point.

Looks promising though, Castles saying the deal is close, the Cardiff manager saying they're losing out and the french press (now I want coffee) all point towards us being close to a deal.

Looks promising though, Castles saying the deal is close, the Cardiff manager saying they're losing out and the french press (now I want coffee) all point towards us being close to a deal.

Yeah, but that's all negated by the fact that Phantom Of The Lane has confirmed the deal.

Sly sports were pronouncing his name as "Cap-poo"... wouldn't work as well. Need to know how his name is pronounced first!

I have it on good authority from a french guy at work who follows Toulouse that its pronounced Cap-ooh-way. Never ever trust Sky on pronounciations. They cannot even get Falcao right!

I was speaking to my mate who lives in France and he said that Capoue was seen as one of the best, most consistent players in the French league last season and plays as a deep play-maker that can also win the ball back but sits deep playing passes but also gets forward to score on occasions. I've not seen much of him but this interests me as its kind of the player people have said we're crying out for and AVB seems to have been missing from his wish-list - also seems like he may be a bit Moutinho like on this description.

I was watching him on YouTube as you do and there was one vid showing all his touches in the match versus Lyon last year, I think. I find these types of vids are better than the highlights reels as they show the good and bad. He looked superb and the Malteser has described his characteristics accurately if that vid was anything to go by.
He played deep in front of the back two mostly, and came looking for the ball off the defenders a lot. Mostly quick recycling of possession but was not adverse to the Hollywood ping every now and then. He had a bit of everything really but mostly he played with the discipline you would like your DM to have, something which has deserted parker now. I'll try and find the link.

Sorry to quote myself but this is worth a watch ....all from the same match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz9261UsiAc

Back