• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Etienne Capoue

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 5m
Spurs agree deal to sign France midfielder Etienne Capoue from Toulouse. Medical today, announcement likely tonight/Sat #bbcfootball #thfc

A few journos seem certain it's done and will be announced today.

Jesus. If we keep this up when the club eventually get around to the unveiling/s it will be like a damn full team photo! \o/

Jesus. If we keep this up when the club eventually get around to the unveiling/s it will be like a damn full team photo! \o/

If we manage to hold on to Bale then with the 3 signings so far plus Caroue plus a CB to replace Caulker and we'll have had an outstanding window

Hold on mate - I said look back, not pass back.

Saw some stats today that shows that his passing is predominantly of two types: played quickly out wide with long distribution passed out to the flanks for the wide forwards and then much longer, more vertical passes through the inside channels towards the penalty area which Soldado would love.

By looking back I meant a player who does not get a rush of adrenalin when the team is in attack mode but actually understands his role and drops back into the space to allow his teammates to do their stuff with solidity and security.
View attachment 1565

OK OK GRRRRRRRRRRR

Why look back then haha. But players like Parker etc did look back. Hence the whole pirouetting - because movement was terrible. Anyways I wasnt comparing - merely just pointing something out - I have no idea what kind of player this guy is.

But I do appreciate a DM even if they dont offer much in attack - as long as we have the creativity to compensate for that.

This distribution of the ball was terrible in that game.

Terrible is overstating it, but these vids where they show all his contributions are a better indicator of what we are buying than the usual youtube highlights. That was my intent anyway.

Last edited:
Sly sports were pronouncing his name as "Cap-poo"... wouldn't work as well. Need to know how his name is pronounced first!

That's how everyone here in Toulouse pronounces it... If you're from an English speaking country though, I always felt you're free to pronounce it however you like

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay has given up his pursuit of Etienne Capoue, but still hopes for more new faces before the end of the transfer window.

Mackay had been keen to sign the French midfielder and even agreed personal terms with Capoue after Toulouse accepted a bid of around £9.5m.

But the 25-year-old has opted to join Tottenham instead and Toulouse president Olivier Sadran has admitted Capoue is close to securing a switch to White Hart Lane.

When asked about Capoue, Mackay said: "We had a bid accepted but it looks as if he has decided, as far as I am aware, to go to Tottenham.

"It looks like it will go that way."

Mackay has been working hard to strengthen his squad ahead of their return to the Premier League and the club's transfer record has been broken twice to bring in striker Andreas Cornelius and England defender Steven Caulker.

Cardiff are expected to spend more as they have been linked with Peter Odemwingie and Jefferson Montero, but Mackay is willing to wait up until the last day to clinch the best deals.

"With the targets we want invariably there is also competition or clubs don't want to sell," said Mackay.

"We signed five in the last week of the window last year and we have brought in around 25 players to the club over the last two years, so we are well versed in the mechanics of how this works and the patience you sometimes have to have.

"Sometimes things happen quickly, like the Steven Caulker deal, other times it can be more protracted.

"We have some plates spinning at the moment, if it will take until September 2, then that is what it will take."

http://www.football365.com/cardiff-city/8862498/Cardiff-boss-Malky-Mackay-accepts-defeat-in-bid-to-sign-Etienne-Capoue

He really is a stopper. Very leggy player. AVB is creating a wall!!

Wouldn't convert him to centreback though, as he's slow on the turn

Capoue - Deal Agreed

Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign France midfielder Etienne Capoue from Ligue 1 club Toulouse.

The 25-year-old is undergoing a medical and the White Hart Lane outfit are expected to announce his arrival later on Friday, or Saturday.
Capoue fact file

Born: 11 July, 1988
Position: Defensive midfield or centre-back
Club career: Since making his Ligue 1 debut in the 2007-08 season, has made 140 top flight appearances for Toulouse
International record: Has won five caps for France

Reports suggest Capoue, who scored seven goals in 33 top flight games last season, will join for a fee in the region of £9m.

Capoue, who has won five caps for France, can also play at centre-back.

When previously asked about the player's suggested move to White Hart Lane, Toulouse president Olivier Sadran was quoted in L'Equipe as telling RMC: "He will go there."

Tottenham are short in defence after Steven Caulker moved to Cardiff, while Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul are recovering from injuries.

Capoue would become their fourth summer signing, following Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians, Belgium winger Nacer Chadli from FC Twente and Spain striker Roberto Soldado from Valencia for a club record £26m.

His arrival could pave the way for a midfielder to leave White Hart Lane, with Scott Parker linked to West Ham and Queens Park Rangers.

LINK

Know nothing of the guy and a bit wary of signing players from the French league but trust our scouts.

Obligatory Youtube vid:
[video=youtube;o7nXtm3TDy4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7nXtm3TDy4[/video]

Greetings new Yiddo!

anyone else think that we offered them caulker as a peace offering since they were first to Capoue?

No, I think it was done and dusted for caulker before we came out in the open as being in for Capoue... I am not sure Cardiff would have been too happy with us if they had known we were planning to grab their long term target!

Re: Capoue - Deal Agreed

Back to the transfer rumours thread with you nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!

Étienne Capoue made more interceptions last season (87) than Mousa Dembélé, Frank Lampard & Tom Cleverley combined (84).

Back