• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He is a brilliant DM. We need to accept though that he's not a CB so if Alderweireld is out then we play CCv or Wimmer until we sign another CB

But we have conceded 2 goals now with Dier at centre back

If he isn't good enough our defensive stats are clearly hiding it

You can't compare him to Toby who is for me the next centre back of his type in Europe now but he has done a solid job. Tonight was an exception but for me only Verts played well enough

Anyone think we should go back to Dier and Dembele in the middle again which was more successful for us last year not saying I think Wanyama hasnt played well

Anyone think we should go back to Dier and Dembele in the middle again which was more successful for us last year not saying I think Wanyama hasnt played well
There is definitely a disconnect between midfield and front, I'd drop eriksen, push Dembele forward and play Dier and wanyama. Start giving some game time to winks as understudy/replacement to eriksen.

There is definitely a disconnect between midfield and front, I'd drop eriksen, push Dembele forward and play Dier and wanyama. Start giving some game time to winks as understudy/replacement to eriksen.

Dembele shouldn't play further forwards. He was outstanding in CM last year; that's his position. He doesnt get enough goals to play further forwards

When you're not playing well, you're better off sticking to round pegs in round holes rather than playing people out of position

Dembele shouldn't play further forwards. He was outstanding in CM last year; that's his position. He doesnt get enough goals to play further forwards

When you're not playing well, you're better off sticking to round pegs in round holes rather than playing people out of position
He can't be any worse than Eriksen at the moment. Part of the problem for me last night was that the midfield went missing when the defence was pressed. Eriksen wasn't interested and son was to far away. When we did play it forward it came straight back, dembele's ability to hold onto the ball there and start attacks could have bought us some time.
They pressed with 3 or 4 players yet we couldn't find a man, says a lot IMV.

I feel a bit sorry for Dier.

He was key to the way we played last season as a DM and is now back playing in a position he has not played in for over a season.

Wimmers exclusion is just odd, even if him or Jan have to play on the wrong side, I can not see how he could be much worse than Dier currently.

For me it looks like Mopo is trying to shoehorn his favourites into the side, even if it means playing them out of position.

When both are fit I think we should stick with Dembele/Dier DM/CM combination. Both can attack and defend. Both are comfortable on the ball. both can distribute the ball well. It is an excellent combination. For me Wanayama is sub, and maybe for those games where we really need to pack out the midfield defensively.

No dier started the season poorly and has continued to stink the place out at center half. When on form I do think he moves it quicker than victor, which is what we need, but he is in a bad rut of form.

Wanyama has been excellent this year and dier has been really average to poor. He did look a good central midfield but on form and pedigree he should not be in our side currently.

Hurts me to say as I was in awe last year but he has been such a bad let down this year so far. He knows it so that's a massive positive for me

I feel a bit sorry for Dier.

He was key to the way we played last season as a DM and is now back playing in a position he has not played in for over a season.

Wimmers exclusion is just odd, even if him or Jan have to play on the wrong side, I can not see how he could be much worse than Dier currently.

For me it looks like Mopo is trying to shoehorn his favourites into the side, even if it means playing them out of position.

There was nothing odd about Wimmer's exclusion after how he played against Liverpool's second string.
Wimmer is now firmly 5th choice centre half.
He might even be 6th choice behind Davies too.

How many goals have we conceded with DIer at Centre Back... 2 IIRC and none were the fault of him or his CB partner

Why are people complaining?

The whole team were toss yesterday other than Verts

I think he is ok at CB just prefer him in midfield could blame WANYAMA for the Leicester goal

Wanyama was at fault for Leicester goal

Yesterday the goal came via not getting tight in midfield and Davies/Walker not clearing the first shot

Last edited:
England’s Eric Dier furious with Ander Herrera after alleged elbow incident
• Dier claims Spain player elbowed him five minutes from time at Wembley
• Pair could meet again when Manchester United host Tottenham next month

Eric Dier confronts Ander Herrera at full-time, minutes after he believed the Spain player elbowed him in the face. Photograph: Matthew Impey/REX/Shutterstock

Dominic Fifield at Wembley

Eric Dier departed England’s friendly with Spain angrily accusing Ander Herrera of elbowing him in the face and claiming he would “see him soon” after a flashpoint that could linger into next month’s meeting between the players in the Premier League.

Herrera made contact with Dier five minutes from time, at which stage Spain were still trailing their hosts 2-0, in an occasionally bad-tempered match during which there were six bookings, with the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder so incensed that he pursued his opponent down the pitch to remonstrate. Upon being confronted, Herrera apparently denied any wrongdoing. “I think it’s pretty clear what he did and I can feel it on my cheek now,” the Spurs midfielder said as he departed the national stadium.

“I’ve made a pass and it was a long time afterwards [that] he’s elbowed me in the face, and I just can’t see why. For me, it’s just ridiculous. So I know what he did, and I don’t like that kind of stuff. I don’t mind people kicking each other at times and stuff, but that’s just dirty and not needed.

Asked whether he had sought an apology from the Manchester United player, Dier said: “I don’t need him to apologise. I’ll see him soon … These things happen. But I don’t know why he did it, to be honest. That’s why I was angry. It was just strange and it’s not nice.” Spurs travel to Old Trafford on 11 December.

I love Eric Dier. He would not have been out of place in our great 80's side in terms of his approach to the game.

Back