• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

He looks as thick as sh1t but a decent player. Long term I thnk he'll be a CB but he's doing well at the moment.

It is far ,far, far better to be feared than to be loved.

That 'attitude' made Ferguson the terror of the reffing community, and won him hundreds of points over his long managerial career.

To hell with chivalry. We're already at a disadvantage financially because we try to scrimp and save our way to success in the delusion that we're doing things 'the right way': if we have to start being nice and cuddly so the refs can assault us with impunity and laugh about it afterwards, we may as well give up and start over in the tenth division where such stupid notions of honor belong.

Make Mike Dean and his ilk shiver when they think of WHL. That's the key to f*cking success, not dopey Poch playing nice with the officials.
Dubai, we are Tottenham, we have never done things that way and I fervently hope we never will. There's a difference between competing fiercely but fairly on the one hand and out-and-out cheating on the other. I'm proud that Tottenham continue to choose the former over the latter. Looking at recent results in the CL, there are plenty of clubs demonstrating they can outclass better-resourced clubs like Chelsea by playing quality football fairly and with passion without resorting to cowardly tactics.

Keep the faith.

Dubai, we are Tottenham, we have never done things that way and I fervently hope we never will. There's a difference between competing fiercely but fairly on the one hand and out-and-out cheating on the other. I'm proud that Tottenham continue to choose the former over the latter. Looking at recent results in the CL, there are plenty of clubs demonstrating they can outclass better-resourced clubs like Chel53a by playing quality football fairly and with passion without resorting to cowardly tactics.

Keep the faith.

Sigh. I'm tired of idealistically believing that the world will reward us for doing things in what we consider to be a proper fashion. If there's one thing the last few years should have made clear to most Spurs fans....it's that there is no proper manner to do things if we want to be remembered as something more than what we currently are. Anything goes.

I kept the faith with relative ease throughout most of my youth: now, I'm just losing hope that we'll ever amount to anything if we do things in a chivalrous manner. Chalk it down to the onset of age, cynicism, taxes and impatience, I guess. :p

Was completely underwhelmed to see him in midfield at the start of the season but, man, what an inspired move!!! Keep this up and he will be England's defensive midfielder in the Euros.

Was completely underwhelmed to see him in midfield at the start of the season but, man, what an inspired move!!! Keep this up and he will be England's defensive midfielder in the Euros.

That's assuming Hodgson dares to drop the FA's pre-selected players.

We're so lucky Dier ended up in Portugal as a kid. Those 7 years with sporting lisbon have really taught him the two-footed technical head up kind of football that a big lad like him would have probably missed out on in England.

Without that he would have just been Robert Huth.

He has the heart and drive of an englishmen though.

Made in England, moulded in Portugal.

I thought this was his best game considering the quality of the players he was up against, the whole team displayed a high energy effort which I believe would not have been possible if we had played them against Woolwich on Wednesday.

I thought this was his best game considering the quality of the players he was up against, the whole team displayed a high energy effort which I believe would not have been possible if we had played them against Woolwich on Wednesday.
Agreed, I was looking at the clock hoping it was near 90 and it was only on about 67 mins... it felt like a VERY long, tiring game to get to the line and not give them hope.

Roy watching the Spurs show today

2CCA3E9100000578-3250039-image-m-9_1443285070797.jpg
Roy Hodgson was there to study Dele Alli but it's entirely possible his attention travelled the short distance to Eric Dier, that jack of all trades who is fast becoming a master of Tottenham's midfield.

He is the scuffler who sat in front of the defence and drove Yaya (Toure) gaga, but he is also a 21-year-old who had enough finesse to slip an equaliser past Willy Caballero from 25 yards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

The new Graham Roberts? The goal was a bit strange to watch, really; the City defence seemed to have sort of stopped playing momentarily and it was almost casual the way he hit it. Then Caballero just seemed to kind of stand there and watch it go in off the post. The sort of goal I'm more used to seeing us concede than score!

Back