• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Amazing how solid we looked with a 19 and 21 year old in the middle. Dier is an absolute beast, built like a rugby player and is very fast.
Loved yesterday when he got crunched by a tackle and went flying, then got straight back up to sprint back and cover. Most players would still have been rolling around on the floor.

Looks good at the moment however I still see him long-term as being a CB. However for that to materialise we need Bentaleb and/or Mason to improve defensively or to sign a DM

Still, its working at the moment and we dont need to use him as a CB. Plus I think young players improve from playing in different positions

I know its early ( very) days yet but for me he has been our player of the season so far ( I can not believe he is only 21). Along with the pairing of Jan and Toby they have made us look a lot better when we are being attacked by the opposing team.

I think it is fair to say he is one of the first names on the team sheet going forward.

Looks good at the moment however I still see him long-term as being a CB. However for that to materialise we need Bentaleb and/or Mason to improve defensively or to sign a DM

Still, its working at the moment and we dont need to use him as a CB. Plus I think young players improve from playing in different positions

Why put him at CB when he looks more accomplished as a CM?

I've been very impressed with his development in this role, He seems to have got his angles worked out and is now allowing the ball to keep moving rather than stopping it each time he receives it. It's a lot easier to play in midfield when you have movement ahead of you and thats what we had today.
His passing is much better than bentaleb as he plays the ball into forward space...

Wonder where he actually wants to play, don't forget he pulled out of the U21 squad before to concentrate on trainng at CB rather than be a reserve RB.

Big test will come against City next weekend and maybe Arsenal as well depending what team they put out.

Amazing how solid we looked with a 19 and 21 year old in the middle. Dier is an absolute beast, built like a rugby player and is very fast.
Loved yesterday when he got crunched by a tackle and went flying, then got straight back up to sprint back and cover. Most players would still have been rolling around on the floor.

I'm hard put to think of any of our players who roll around in agony. I may be wrong but I believe it's something the manager doesn't like. Watched the recording of the game today and noticed at about 72mins we had a disputed decision and one of the coaching staff jumped up and was moaning to someone, Poch told him to sit down and appeared to apologise. This attitude will not help us with the poor referees in the game and will be totally ignored by the media but it's something of which I approve but we will be like Canute trying to turn the waves in this rotten game.

Honestly now days i don't wont plaudits from most of the media as they are a bunch of fudgeing idiots who don't ever want any change or who our stuck in the 80s along with LFC.

And have their heads shoved so far up Man United's backside that they can see through the club's mouth.

I think Dier has been the revelation so far this season. Never expected him to do so well as the defensive midfielder. But he is going to be really tested by the Arsenal midfield.

I'm hard put to think of any of our players who roll around in agony. I may be wrong but I believe it's something the manager doesn't like. Watched the recording of the game today and noticed at about 72mins we had a disputed decision and one of the coaching staff jumped up and was moaning to someone, Poch told him to sit down and appeared to apologise. This attitude will not help us with the poor referees in the game and will be totally ignored by the media but it's something of which I approve but we will be like Canute trying to turn the waves in this rotten game.

It is far ,far, far better to be feared than to be loved.

That 'attitude' made Ferguson the terror of the reffing community, and won him hundreds of points over his long managerial career.

To hell with chivalry. We're already at a disadvantage financially because we try to scrimp and save our way to success in the delusion that we're doing things 'the right way': if we have to start being nice and cuddly so the refs can assault us with impunity and laugh about it afterwards, we may as well give up and start over in the tenth division where such stupid notions of honor belong.

Make Mike Dean and his ilk shiver when they think of WHL. That's the key to f*cking success, not dopey Poch playing nice with the officials.

Reactions: DTA
It is far ,far, far better to be feared than to be loved.

That 'attitude' made Ferguson the terror of the reffing community, and won him hundreds of points over his long managerial career.

To hell with chivalry. We're already at a disadvantage financially because we try to scrimp and save our way to success in the delusion that we're doing things 'the right way': if we have to start being nice and cuddly so the refs can assault us with impunity and laugh about it afterwards, we may as well give up and start over in the tenth division where such stupid notions of honor belong.

Make Mike Dean and his ilk shiver when they think of WHL. That's the key to f*cking success, not dopey Poch playing nice with the officials.

Come on. I know I said I was done, but are you being serious FFS?

Back