• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Did he say that CB was his preference or that he would be unwilling to play in a different position? Seems a bit unlikely he would set out this as a demand outside of a contractual agreement.

On record multiple times saying he sees his future playing at CB. Someone did say that he gave the club an ultimatum that it was either CB or nowhere but haven’t come across any direct quotes from the man himself tbf.

I recall an interview with him back in the Poch days where he said he didn't like being coined a "utility" player, as was the case at the time, but rather he wanted to play one position and play it well. Or words to that effect. I can't imagine he would absolutely insist on it above anything else though.

Even if it’s from the bench?
Especially from the bench, get on where ever he can.

His days here as a guaranteed starter have to be over, it's the only reason we should be looking at extending his contract. If he's not willing to accept that then there should be no new contract.

He took one of the more famous dumps in football history. Fortunately, it wasn't on the pitch (unless we're talking metaphorically).

Skimming through the thread, in the summer of 2017 we all wanted to turn down whatever United were offering. Seems he played mostly midfield under Poch, but performances declined considerably over the next two seasons. Then illness and injury happened. At the time of this interview I'd say it was blindingly obvious he wasn't good enough to be a starting CB for us, but here we are three years later.

On record multiple times saying he sees his future playing at CB. Someone did say that he gave the club an ultimatum that it was either CB or nowhere but haven’t come across any direct quotes from the man himself tbf.

I don't understand why you are so hung up on this tbh if he considers himself a CB, then he's a CB, like any other player and the position that they play. Up to the whoever is manager to decide whether or not he should be in the team

I don't understand why you are so hung up on this tbh if he considers himself a CB, then he's a CB, like any other player and the position that they play. Up to the whoever is manager to decide whether or not he should be in the team
And where he plays.

And where he plays.

To a degree, but any player not played in a position he wants to be played in will have a choice to make as to whether that's what they want long term - not sure any manager would get much joy out of any player playing him where he didn't want to play.

If we'd sold Dier and Dele in 2018 or thereabouts, we'd probably have gotten ~120m. Given we've let Dele go effectively for nothing, what are the chances of getting that for Dier now?

To be fair, who knew? I'd have ripped down what was built of the stadium if we'd sold them both at that time.

If we'd sold Dier and Dele in 2018 or thereabouts, we'd probably have gotten ~120m. Given we've let Dele go effectively for nothing, what are the chances of getting that for Dier now?

To be fair, who knew? I'd have ripped down what was built of the stadium if we'd sold them both at that time.
If we had replaced them well, you wouldn't have cared.

I hope you've got someone lined up to take his place mate o_O

A kid from the academy? A member of the gardening staff? The cleaning lady?

A training cone would legitimately do a better job, without half as much gobbing to the press.

If he gets a new contract, so help me GHod, we are going to be hopelessly stuck in brick for as long as it lasts, and the club has learned *fudge all* from this year of Dier-shaped disaster.

A kid from the academy? A member of the gardening staff? The cleaning lady?

A training cone would legitimately do a better job, without half as much gobbing to the press.

If he gets a new contract, so help me GHod, we are going to be hopelessly stuck in brick for as long as it lasts, and the club has learned *fudge all* from this year of Dier-shaped disaster.

Hahahaha, no, I meant 'take his place as club whipping post' hahahaha:cool:...let's face it, he has not been a part of our latest error-strewn defeats (no arguments there BTW he earned his demotion albeit he was not the only one responsible) yet he is still a weekly figure for bashing:D

Hahahaha, no, I meant 'take his place as club whipping post' hahahaha:cool:...let's face it, he has not been a part of our latest error-strewn defeats (no arguments there BTW he earned his demotion albeit he was not the only one responsible) yet he is still a weekly figure for bashing:D

Haha - well, I volunteer! I am as useless as Dier is, but I'd happily play for the club for free and grin in the stands as I get all sorts of abuse.

Club only has to pay for my tickets over and make a promise to scatter my ashes over the stadium like Dier apparently wants to do - I want to live on to boo Levy (or his son, or whomever takes charge next) from beyond the grave. :p

Back