• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Whoever comes in and can't see Dier is pants so ultimately fail. Dier has a lack of starting in the team even when he can't defend
Yet every one of our managers since we signed him loved him and came out publicly and said it. 2 of them are the most defensive managers in world football.

Yet every one of our managers since we signed him loved him and came out publicly and said it. 2 of them are the most defensive managers in world football.

It's crazy isn't it ... all have tried to get in proper cbs whether it's Skirinar or bastoni but are forced to play him.

Watching dier is painful. I just love the way he points and blames everyone else for his lack of concentration and defensive abilities

It's crazy isn't it ... all have tried to get in proper cbs whether it's Skirinar or bastoni but are forced to play him.

Watching dier is painful. I just love the way he points and blames everyone else for his lack of concentration and defensive abilities

Out of interest, have you watched Romero this season? Especially post World Cup? I understand the ceiling i.e. one has a huge ceiling, the other is in a caravan on the Scarborough coast, nonetheless, I didn't expect Romero to leave the lofty 30ft high mansion rooms for something similar to Dier in Skegness?!!!!

Out of interest, have you watched Romero this season? Especially post World Cup? I understand the ceiling i.e. one has a huge ceiling, the other is in a caravan on the Scarborough coast, nonetheless, I didn't expect Romero to leave the lofty 30ft high mansion rooms for something similar to Dier in Skegness?!!!!

Romero has shown ability and playing pants at the moment along with the whole team. I don't think I can say I have seen anything from Dier to tell me he can do a job moving forward.

Fair comment.
I think Dier will stay for squad. We need first choice ahead of him for sure.

You're probably right. However, if we could get £20-£25m for him from a West Ham, Wolves, Fulham etc, I struggle to see that we couldn't spend that money better on signing a c.22-25 year old CB. Doesnt even need to be HG given Dier isnt

I think there is. There's enough cash sloshing about in the PL. Question is whether he would accept joining the level of club which would be interested in him....
We are no way going to get 20-25 million for a player who has been a weak link for so long. The only way there would have been a small chance of getting that sort of fee is if he was HG which he is not. Teams would rather get someone abroad for that sort of money, he might be PL proven but he has proven to be not very good in the PL....

We are no way going to get 20-25 million for a player who has been a weak link for so long. The only way there would have been a small chance of getting that sort of fee is if he was HG which he is not. Teams would rather get someone abroad for that sort of money, he might be PL proven but he has proven to be not very good in the PL....

Let's see. I think its a moot point anyway as I dont see him leaving this summer. Hopefully though he wont be a starter

Let's see. I think its a moot point anyway as I dont see him leaving this summer. Hopefully though he wont be a starter
Just can’t see anyone buying him
Not here or overseas
He isn’t a bad player, but we know he isn’t a great one either
Saying that, Smalling at Roma would be a good example of a player with a new life after a move

Gooners spent £50m on Ben White.
Newcash spent £13m on Dan Burn, a 29 year old in his final 18 months of his contract.
We would have spent £20m on the likes of Tarkowski, there are news articles from 2019 when he played for England, claiming Utd were quoted £50m for him, those articles are not true of course, but first team players with Prem experience do cost money.
Michael Keane moved from Burnley to Everton for £25m and we were linked in a ~£50m swoop at some point. These stories aren't true, but there is a market for these players.
Etc, Tyrone Mings.

Newcash spent £13m on Dan Burn, a 29 year old in his final 18 months of his contract.
We would have spent £20m on the likes of Tarkowski, there are news articles from 2019 when he played for England, claiming Utd were quoted £50m for him, those articles are not true of course, but first team players with Prem experience do cost money.
Michael Keane moved from Burnley to Everton for £25m and we were linked in a ~£50m swoop at some point. These stories aren't true, but there is a market for these players.
Etc, Tyrone Mings.

So as scripted in "dumb and dumber" ... so you are telling me there is a chance?

Please, someone, anyone ... take him and enjoy him being world class like some think he is here

Etc, Tyrone Mings.

Exactly. I think we can find a taker for £20m-£25m odd. Bournemouth, Leeds (if they stay up) etc. Biggest challenge is getting him to agree to it

Exactly. I think we can find a taker for £20m-£25m odd. Bournemouth, Leeds (if they stay up) etc. Biggest challenge is getting him to agree to it

What have you been smoking/drinking? Dier for £20m? No one is gonna offer that for him, you are a joker.

Back