• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Drop Dier, win game.

Yes, the defense certainly played much better with Royal in there and Romero centrally. I think Royal's athleticism plus defensive abilities make him a much better proposition when playing two adventurous defenders such as Romero and Porro, both of whom greatly benefitted from Royal's presence and coverage. It allowed us tactical flexibility too...Mason deserves a lot of credit for the shape today/two shapes in and out of possession. I think we also saw what we've missed in terms of choice with Royal injured. BTW, we are speaking of another player in Emerson who became a target of relentless abuse far exceeding legitimate boundaries.

Yes, the defense certainly played much better with Royal in there and Romero centrally. I think Royal's athleticism plus defensive abilities make him a much better proposition when playing two adventurous defenders such as Romero and Porro, both of whom greatly benefitted from Royal's presence and coverage. It allowed us tactical flexibility too...Mason deserves a lot of credit for the shape today/two shapes in and out of possession. I think we also saw what we've missed in terms of choice with Royal injured. BTW, we are speaking of another player in Emerson who became a target of relentless abuse far exceeding legitimate boundaries.

Young player in new league, played out of position for two years, yet eventually makes the spot his own, never gives less than 100%, typically with a smile.

Spurs fans should be fudging ashamed about that one.

Young player in new league, played out of position for two years, yet eventually makes the spot his own, never gives less than 100%, typically with a smile.

Spurs fans should be fudging ashamed about that one.
The thing I never understood about the Emerson criticism is he was very clearly a very good defender and a good RB. Sure we weren't playing that system anymore but even under Nuno he was quite literally the shining light. But it just seems a lot of fans have very short memories or just struggle to see the bigger picture.

Yes he wasn't the world's best RWB but he was always a very good RB and did his best as a RWB. Really his only failing in that regard was the quality of his delivery and then his reluctance to play the ball in.

In terms of actually being an outlet he's always made fantastic runs, better than Doherty's and more comparable to Porto who is also very strong in this regard.

So many fans I know in real life used to just cuss him. Whenever I spoke to them their comments were just irrational.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The thing I never understood about the Emerson criticism is he was very clearly a very good defender and a good RB. Sure we weren't playing that system anymore but even under Nuno he was quite literally the shining light. But it just seems a lot of fans have very short memories or just struggle to see the bigger picture.

Yes he wasn't the world's best RWB but he was always a very good RB and did his best as a RWB. Really his only failing in that regard was the quality of his delivery and then his reluctance to play the ball in.

In terms of actually being an outlet he's always made fantastic runs, better than Doherty's and more comparable to Porto who is also very strong in this regard.

So many fans I know in real life used to just cuss him. Whenever I spoke to them their comments were just irrational.

Classic Spurs fans, must have a spacegoat.

His positioning, his making himself available all the time, his stamina was always pretty obvious

My thoughts as well, what has really impressed me about him is that he did not let the boos and slagging off by the muppets in the ground and instead got his head down and improved his all round game. He can now play both roles and he deserves a great deal of praise for doing so.

Love him, should be the captain.

What exactly is it you love about him? The repeated mistakes? Giving the ball away constantly? Pointing at other defenders to clean up his mess when he is out of position? I know that you’ve said in the past you appreciate effort and forgive mistakes but surely you’re not happy to give someone an unlimited number of chances?

What exactly is it you love about him? The repeated mistakes? Giving the ball away constantly? Pointing at other defenders to clean up his mess when he is out of position? I know that you’ve said in the past you appreciate effort and forgive mistakes but surely you’re not happy to give someone an unlimited number of chances?

I trust he’s always trying his best. I believe he actually cares.

That will be Dier starting again for us next season ... new manager would ask levy for a new CB ...

"well I have some wonderful news, we don't need one ... ive just tied Eric down to a lovely contract ... now let's go to France and go shopping for some cheap players starting with the letter "N' .... got a really good alternative to kane in N' Bappe ..."

Back