• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Thought he was really good today ( they all were!), but the tactic of allowing him to move in to CM when City had the ball deep worked really well I thought. Hopefully that’s a bit of flexibility in the system that translates to other games as well.

He pushed up, Royal did the go inside to add to midfield, even FB switch for a bit in 2nd half.

A little more tactics that we have seen.

Good game for Dier and entire back line

Thought he was really good today ( they all were!), but the tactic of allowing him to move in to CM when City had the ball deep worked really well I thought. Hopefully that’s a bit of flexibility in the system that translates to other games as well.

Rather him do that than romero thinking he's an attacker.

No love for Dier this whole year? Shameful.

He's been immense lately - 8 clearances against Fulham and monstered Haaland for pace once today when he should have been through.

Let's not forget his reading of our press that freed Hojbjerg to go and win the ball either.

Could not agree more.

He's been immense lately - 8 clearances against Fulham and monstered Haaland for pace once today when he should have been through.

Let's not forget his reading of our press that freed Hojbjerg to go and win the ball either.

Had a very good game. I'd be very happy to have him as back up next season if it meant we brought in a top class cb to be first choice.

Long time since I've seen you post. Hope all is well.

Dier back to his best again, great to see. Said it before, but I think having Romero next to him is really good for him. Someone that will take a lot of the burden on the ball, unlike the other options.

Dier is a really good player if he can avoid those silly errors. Great to see him back.

I feel Dier was largely responsible for keeping Haaland quiet yesterday. At the moment you take Haaland out of the game and City seem to have no punch. We got lucky with the Mahrez shot that hit the woodwork, aside from that they didn’t have any clear cut chances.

Long time since I've seen you post. Hope all is well.

Dier back to his best again, great to see. Said it before, but I think having Romero next to him is really good for him. Someone that will take a lot of the burden on the ball, unlike the other options.

Dier is a really good player if he can avoid those silly errors. Great to see him back.
All is fine thanks, just got put off football by the world cup and everything around it.

I feel Dier was largely responsible for keeping Haaland quiet yesterday. At the moment you take Haaland out of the game and City seem to have no punch. We got lucky with the Mahrez shot that hit the woodwork, aside from that they didn’t have any clear cut chances.
He shouldn’t have had the shot. Poor from Perisic before hand (and he had a solid defensive game)

Dier played well yesterday. However it looked to me as though it was largely Romero who was picking up Haaland.

I preferred our tactics yesterday pushing the spare CB up into midfield and hope that the continues.

Dier played well yesterday. However it looked to me as though it was largely Romero who was picking up Haaland.

I preferred our tactics yesterday pushing the spare CB up into midfield and hope that the continues.
Romero was the one chasing him around the pitch but it was Dier who covered when he'd have been clean through.

Good defensive performance all round in all parts of the pitch.

It was 100% that
Motd2 did a great analysis on it
I’m watching it back now and sky highlight it too
Every player did their job and they did it to a very high standard
No one fudged up with a basic error
We kept a clean sheet because of it and gave them scraps at best

He pushed up, Royal did the go inside to add to midfield, even FB switch for a bit in 2nd half.

A little more tactics that we have seen.

Good game for Dier and entire back line
MOTD2 did a piece on Dier stepping forward into midfield.

In fact, wasn't that one of the features of our system in the early Poch years? Dier would play as a CB when we were defending but step into DM whenever possible.

It was 100% that
Motd2 did a great analysis on it
I’m watching it back now and sky highlight it too
Every player did their job and they did it to a very high standard
No one fudged up with a basic error
We kept a clean sheet because of it and gave them scraps at best
Cross-post! Yours was better :)

MOTD2 did a piece on Dier stepping forward into midfield.

In fact, wasn't that one of the features of our system in the early Poch years? Dier would play as a CB when we were defending but step into DM whenever possible.

Sure i had a debate with someone on here who told me this wouldn't work a couple of weeks ago...

Sure i had a debate with someone on here who told me this wouldn't work a couple of weeks ago...

I like the way we were more flexible in our set ups in the last few games, you need a basic system to fall back on but the ability to change it makes us a better team, we definitely need 1 of the cb's to push in to midfield when teams just leave 1 up against us.

I like the way we were more flexible in our set ups in the last few games, you need a basic system to fall back on but the ability to change it makes us a better team, we definitely need 1 of the cb's to push in to midfield when teams just leave 1 up against us.
You need all the pieces available though
If anyone wants to go back and watch a part of the game go to 61.08
It’s the brilliant attack that started with a Dier back pass and tore them apart
Everyone playing yesterday knew the system
Knew their roles
And had a desire to not be the man who fudges up
It can sometimes only need that

I don't think I've seen us do this much at all this season, I wonder if part of the big team meeting that happened prior to Fulham the team also fed back to Conte about what they felt needed changing, the 2 man midfield was/is a big issue against good opposition CM, wonder if this is Conte adapting.

You need all the pieces available though
If anyone wants to go back and watch a part of the game go to 61.08
It’s the brilliant attack that started with a Dier back pass and tore them apart
Everyone playing yesterday knew the system
Knew their roles
And had a desire to not be the man who fudges up
It can sometimes only need that

DESIRE.

Back