• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Whilst I fully agree….
If we signed Dan Burn out fans would not have been happy (he is a very solid CB and playing out of position currently) ….
I’ve said before schar would be a good signing (has had injury issues) but again… our fans would not be happy with him

First lesson there is don't buy players to appease the fans as they will never be happy and think that they know everything.

However it's been glaringly obvious that dier had highs and when that happens he looks decent, but equally has his lows and plays like his namesake.

He needs to be replaced in the starting XI, and I think behind him goes a quality keeper.

First lesson there is don't buy players to appease the fans as they will never be happy and think that they know everything.

However it's been glaringly obvious that dier had highs and when that happens he looks decent, but equally has his lows and plays like his namesake.

He needs to be replaced in the starting XI, and I think behind him goes a quality keeper.
Don’t disagree
But the noise around signings is kinda extreme at our club
Signings aren’t always the answer as shown at arsenal

Whilst I fully agree….
If we signed Dan Burn out fans would not have been happy (he is a very solid CB and playing out of position currently) ….
I’ve said before schar would be a good signing (has had injury issues) but again… our fans would not be happy with him
This is a cop out. Who cares what the "fans think." If the player performs they will quickly grow to appreciate or even love the player. I don't care about name recognition or even if I've seen them play before. I just care how well they suit the side and if they improve things.

Sure you will hear the odd vocal fan chatting breeze on Talksport but those guys are irrelevant. The only people that actually matter are the coaching team at Hotspur way and what they think of the incomings.

Besides we have historically sold players against "the fans wishes" so why would that same decision making process be governed by what a vocal minority think?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

This is a cop out. Who cares what the "fans think." If the player performs they will quickly grow to appreciate or even love the player. I don't care about name recognition or even if I've seen them play before. I just care how well they suit the side and if they improve things.

Sure you will hear the odd vocal fan chatting breeze on Talksport but those guys are irrelevant. The only people that actually matter are the coaching team at Hotspur way and what they think of the incomings.

Besides we have historically sold players against "the fans wishes" so why would that same decision making process be governed by what a vocal minority think?

Not sure how it’s a cop out
I ain’t signing the players
But I regular see and read we haven’t signed anyone… we have signed rubbish… we don’t spend enough money…
Everyone has a view on transfers as fans
The noise around transfers at Tottenham is disproportionately high

Eh? Arsenal haven't made a shed load of signings the last couple of years?
Arsenal won the other night with NO new signings starting. Every player was there from the summer of 21
Of Their new signings this season only one has had any impact
It’s about time, coaching, a system and confidence ….
Xhaka now looks a decent player for example

Only because you are on this forum, go on any other and have a look and it's equally bad
Pool think every signing they make is quality and back the club even when it’s wrong
Chelsea fans back their club with signings too
Our fans moan about everything when it comes to signings IMO

Pool think every signing they make is quality and back the club even when it’s wrong
Chelsea fans back their club with signings too
Our fans moan about everything when it comes to signings IMO

Chelsea whinge like no others in my opinion, unfortunately I also live in Chelsea Country in Sutton and the pubs are full of them harry hunts and they always moan about their signings and Potter haha

Arsenal won the other night with NO new signings starting. Every player was there from the summer of 21
Of Their new signings this season only one has had any impact
It’s about time, coaching, a system and confidence ….
Xhaka now looks a decent player for example

As far as i'm aware summer of 21 was within the last couple of years.
They did manage to win games last season, only fudging up to give us top 4.

If we have defenders that make major roosterups...well thats the diference between having a successful Team[no brain farts] and a Team that loses us games plenty smelly bits...sorry for the poor desciption analogy..

Not sure how it’s a cop out
I ain’t signing the players
But I regular see and read we haven’t signed anyone… we have signed rubbish… we don’t spend enough money…
Everyone has a view on transfers as fans
The noise around transfers at Tottenham is disproportionately high
Again who cares. Were you here when Bale got sold? Or when Modric left? The fans were steaming yet the club didn't let that interfere with their decision making. So again why would incomings be any different? If the club is somehow governed by popular opinion it sure doesn't show it in every other way be it from ticket pricing through to the sale of popular players.

It's a cop out. We have or haven't made signings due to the financial implications. Nothing to do with fan response.

Again who cares. Were you here when Bale got sold? Or when Modric left? The fans were steaming yet the club didn't let that interfere with their decision making. So again why would incomings be any different? If the club is somehow governed by popular opinion it sure doesn't show it in every other way be it from ticket pricing through to the sale of popular players.

It's a cop out. We have or haven't made signings due to the financial implications. Nothing to do with fan response.

You make it sound like I have control of how we sign…
I can’t create a cop out for the club not signing a player. I have no role in it

But I was highlighting that signings isn’t the only answer
Signings aren't the only answer but they are a big part of the solution. Besides it's a bit disingenuous to say signings haven't affected Arsenal when they started with Ramsdale, White, Odegaard, Partey and Martinelli all signed in the last couple of years. Plus they have a decent crop of younger less heralded players breaking though at the same time who also started.

Do we have same context? Do we have a Saka ready to start or a manager that would select him if he were about to breakthrough? The answer to both is probably not.

The biggest improvement we have seen in recent years have been with the signings of Bentancur, Kulu and Romero. More of that is what the side needs. They can be superstars or unknowns, it doesn't matter. They just need to offer an improvement on what we already have.

Signings aren't the only answer but they are a big part of the solution. Besides it's a bit disingenuous to say signings haven't affected Arsenal when they started with Ramsdale, White, Odegaard, Partey and Martinelli all signed in the last couple of years. Plus they have a decent crop of younger less heralded players breaking though at the same time who also started.

Do we have same context? Do we have a Saka ready to start or a manager that would select him if he were about to breakthrough? The answer to both is probably not.

The biggest improvement we have seen in recent years have been with the signings of Bentancur, Kulu and Romero. More of that is what the side needs. They can be superstars or unknowns, it doesn't matter. They just need to offer an improvement on what we already have.

Those players who you mentioned for arsenal crumbled last year don’t forget
The key is time… they have all been given time along with the coach.

They now have confidence and know the system he wants to play

We can’t give conte time as his contract doesn’t work like that, so it has to be instant

Back