• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Err... does anyone else think Dier was largely responsible for Edwards goal and should have put at least a header on target?

Hmmm...he played his part, but why have you not mentioned Davies missing his tackle, and why have you not mentioned Romero sitting off Edwards and allowing him the shot? Shall we mention Hugo again? Yes, he absolutely should've buried the one 7 mins from time, but a more pressing question is why he ended with several chances in their box, including that excellent turn shot that the keeper was excellent with? If you're trolling, then well done, you got me.

Hmmm...he played his part, but why have you not mentioned Davies missing his tackle, and why have you not mentioned Romero sitting off Edwards and allowing him the shot? Shall we mention Hugo again? Yes, he absolutely should've buried the one 7 mins from time, but a more pressing question is why he ended with several chances in their box, including that excellent turn shot that the keeper was excellent with? If you're trolling, then well done, you got me.
As is often the way people will highlight the player they don’t rate when we concede a goal, when there are usually a good few who have fudged up to some degree in the build up to the goal - you defend as a team. I don’t usually like to single someone out and don’t want to kick a dog when he’s down, but really did think Lloris should be saving that - he has form for letting in pretty average shots from outside the box….

Err... does anyone else think Dier was largely responsible for Edwards goal and should have put at least a header on target?
Dier wasn't largely responsible, he was beaten by a move in midfield that also went by PEH. PEH should've fouled Edwards at that stage. After that Romero was really poor and practically invited Edwards to shoot instead of closing him and finally Lloris should've done better.
So no, Dier wasn't largely responsible, but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good spacegoating.

Lloris most culpable for me. Yet again beaten by a weak ish shot from outside the area. I was more worried by Dier’s distribution which was poor again, sloppy misplaced passes. The team isn’t playing well individually and as a whole. The only standout players for me this season have been Bentancur and Kane. Everyone else has ranged from poor to ok/good.

Lloris most culpable for me. Yet again beaten by a weak ish shot from outside the area. I was more worried by Dier’s distribution which was poor again, sloppy misplaced passes. The team isn’t playing well individually and as a whole. The only standout players for me this season have been Bentancur and Kane. Everyone else has ranged from poor to ok/good.
Fair enough, but Dier should learn not to be caught out in midfield since he is slow to regain position.

I'd have to watch the goal back but i thought at the time that PEH was the main culprit although I'm sure after his moment there would have been an opportunity for a defender to step in and clear things up.

Errors were made by several of our players I thought. Was a very good, well placed shot but I think many keepers save that, seemed as though Lloris got no real push off of his right foot for his dive.

Fair enough, but Dier should learn not to be caught out in midfield since he is slow to regain position.
Yeah, he should just be perfect, win every tackle, clean sheet every game and score a hat-trick.

He had enough players behind him that it shouldn't have been an issue.

Errors were made by several of our players I thought. Was a very good, well placed shot but I think many keepers save that, seemed as though Lloris got no real push off of his right foot for his dive.
Thought his positioning wasn't great either, a step or two forward and it's an easier save.

Yeah, he should just be perfect, win every tackle, clean sheet every game and score a hat-trick.

He had enough players behind him that it shouldn't have been an issue.

I don’t think he’s been as good this season as he was last season. He’s making mistakes which he didn’t make last season and his passing has been sloppy. On the whole he’s been fine. However I don’t think it’s being harsh or controversial to state that he’s upgradable. Same goes for most of our defensive unit.

I don’t think he’s been as good this season as he was last season. He’s making mistakes which he didn’t make last season and his passing has been sloppy. On the whole he’s been fine. However I don’t think it’s being harsh or controversial to state that he’s upgradable. Same goes for most of our defensive unit.
Everyone is upgradable, issue is making him out to be the cause of everything. His passing was poor against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, don't think there was much issues with it last night.
He played two great long passes straight in on goal that doesn't get mentioned. It's only ever the negatives that are mentioned.

Everyone is upgradable, issue is making him out to be the cause of everything. His passing was poor against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit, don't think there was much issues with it last night.
He played two great long passes straight in on goal that doesn't get mentioned. It's only ever the negatives that are mentioned.

I don't think Dier is made out to be the main culprit, he's just the one who has the most push-back when criticised so discussions get dragged out over a few posts/pages, which gives the impression that he's being gunned for. Was similar with Royal

Everyone is upgradable, issue is making him out to be the cause of everything. His passing was poor against Saudi Sportswashing Outfit, don't think there was much issues with it last night.

He also produced a spin and half volley which the keeper brilliantly saved, the sort of action I’d be hoping our forwards were in place to try and execute.

I have to wonder if there is an issue with that thigh injury he had earlier in the season Or am I clutching at straws here…

Dier wasn't largely responsible, he was beaten by a move in midfield that also went by PEH. PEH should've fouled Edwards at that stage. After that Romero was really poor and practically invited Edwards to shoot instead of closing him and finally Lloris should've done better.
So no, Dier wasn't largely responsible, but hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good spacegoating.
You've misrepresented the facts in your attempt to bail out Dier by spacegoating other players. I see so many people here virtue signaling from their high horses, so don't take this personally because I'm not trying to single you out; we've all got our opinions but let's make it clear when we're offering an actual FACT vs. "a retelling of the events as how I wanted them to happen."

Go watch the buildup to the goal again. Dier goes to ground for a tackle in midfield but doesn't win the ball. Instead, it ends up at Edwards' feet and he makes his drive up the field. PEH also goes to ground in an attempt to win the ball back or cause a foul but accomplishes neither. Davies sees the danger and starts running back towards goal, drifting towards Edwards and letting Perisic try to cover the player on our left flank. Romero could have stepped up and engaged Edwards but he probably had the other opposition player running on our right flank on his mind, but Doherty is there and should be covering him. Finally, Lloris also could do a bit better too but IMO, those shots are something Kane is good at: low and hard into the bottom corner from just outside the box. I'm not a professional goalkeeper so I cannot say whether he really should've saved the goal... it actually seemed like a good goal to be fair, but one that shouldn't be happening.

To conclude, let me get this straight: we can blame certain players, just not Dier?

Back