• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Well deserved recall to the England squad. Mad it took this long (and that Maguire has still snuck in..).

Not going to lie there's been spells where I've had my doubts but he has been a different animal at the back under Conte (much like Davies), long may it continue! In the current role, he's one of the first names on the team sheet for dependable performances, fairplay to him for the effort/ commitment constantly displayed.

Very well deserved for him. The system England play these days might make him a better fit in any case (compared to the likes of Maguire and maybe even Stones..)

I just hope we don't suffer as we don't have a replacement for him really and he's playing a lot of games as it is..

I don't pay much attention to England, but I believe "we" got done 4-0 at home by someone crap recently, Hungary maybe? So Dier is not exactly slotting into a well-functioning team.

I'm not English, don't think England has the right coach to win it, but great for Dier, as he is somewhat underrated and deserves the recognition.

How well he does in the world Cup though will depend on how well Southgate can organise the defence and play to Dier's strengths. So this could be a tricky one for Dier.

He wasn’t up against much against Everton, but no brain farts and is clearly the fulcrum of playing out of defense. It’s good to see him being so confident and (fairly) solid.

He has always been a very good player he suffered from illness and his game was off. A lot of fans turned on him and wrote him off but since returning he has shown how important he is to our side.

The lack of comments on him the last few weeks bode well.

That’s because no one brought up his brain fart against Eintracht in this thread. He’s been playing well overall this season, but he’s going to have to take another mid-game dump in the carabao cup to really make it a memorable one for me.

Since his call up for England I can only assume he either objects to the Qatar world cup or wants some time off as he has been utter gash since.

Even with the shakey start today, he is by far our most reliable CB. Not a great day for Dier and Hugo, but they are fighters and clearly our best options as things stand. Dier is an asset. We just need more quality options along the backline. Didn't get another commanding CB in that we wanted. Up to Conte to galvanise a backline again now.

Even with the shakey start today, he is by far our most reliable CB. Not a great day for Dier and Hugo, but they are fighters and clearly our best options as things stand. Dier is an asset. We just need more quality options along the backline. Didn't get another commanding CB in that we wanted. Up to Conte to galvanise a backline again now.

Dier I'd give time certainly.

I'd be starting Forster in the next game though, it's not that I think he's necessarily better, just that when you sabotage your team like that you need the kick up the arse being dropped brings, it was unprofessional.

He's had some shocking moments in his time here, but that is arguably the stupidest thing Hugo has ever done on a football pitch, he wasn't trying to do anything.

Dier I'd give time certainly.

I'd be starting Forster in the next game though, it's not that I think he's necessarily better, just that when you sabotage your team like that you need the kick up the arse being dropped brings, it was unprofessional.

He's had some shocking moments in his time here, but that is arguably the stupidest thing Hugo has ever done on a football pitch, he wasn't trying to do anything.
On a par with when what’s his name Star jump cleaned out that cheat$ki playa to give them a pen.

Back