• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

Ali Gold, in his anger, sums it up better than I could -

We had the incredible luck of having England's greatest ever goalscorer emerge from our academy, for free.. and never once built a team around him to match that level of talent.

To Dare Is To Do is our motto. Have we dared? A lot of people dump on managers like Mourinho and Conte for not matching our ethos of attacking football, the glory game.

Fine. But what about these deceitful cretins at the top, who are the furthest thing possible from Audere Est Facere? Are they good stewards of our ethos?

There is no payoff for anything these folks have done in their 22 years at the helm of a club. Not even the stadium has helped us retain players like H - which was supposedly the whole point of building it.

So, is this really what people want?

Match ambition = spend money we didn’t have.

Kane, the best forward we’ve ever had, the second best player we’ve ever had, currently the best player in the world, going to a club like Bayern, is a result of good management, not the opposite.

When was the last time a club handed over the GDP of a small European country for a player they could get for free a few months later.

Good luck to him, but no player is bigger than the club, and he’s had every chance to win trophies here.

We've missed two golden opportunities during peak poch and peak son and Kane to win something. Some people feel Enic have done their best but I think there will be regrets by everyone once we look back and realise how good we were.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

Match ambition = spend money we didn’t have.

Kane, the best forward we’ve ever had, the second best player we’ve ever had, currently the best player in the world, going to a club like Bayern, is a result of good management, not the opposite.

When was the last time a club handed over the GDP of a small European country for a player they could get for free a few months later.

Good luck to him, but no player is bigger than the club, and he’s had every chance to win trophies here.
wow

Ali Gold, in his anger, sums it up better than I could -

We had the incredible luck of having England's greatest ever goalscorer emerge from our academy, for free.. and never once built a team around him to match that level of talent.

To Dare Is To Do is our motto. Have we dared? A lot of people dump on managers like Mourinho and Conte for not matching our ethos of attacking football, the glory game.

Fine. But what about these deceitful cretins at the top, who are the furthest thing possible from Audere Est Facere? Are they good stewards of our ethos?

There is no payoff for anything these folks have done in their 22 years at the helm of a club. Not even the stadium has helped us retain players like H - which was supposedly the whole point of building it.

So, is this really what people want?

So Peak Poch team was not good enough? that was probably the most balanced team in the premier league at the time, We had 2 of the best CB's in the league, the 2 best full backs, the best CM in the premier league at that time in Dembele, Kane, Son and one of the best playmakers aswell as a superstar Youngster in Dele Ali. The team let us down on a number of occasions. Kane never turned up in the finals / semi finals time and time again, that is on Poch the players and Kane nobody else.

So Peak Poch team was not good enough? that was probably the most balanced team in the premier league at the time, We had 2 of the best CB's in the league, the 2 best full backs, the best CM in the premier league at that time in Dembele, Kane, Son and one of the best playmakers aswell as a superstar Youngster in Dele Ali. The team let us down on a number of occasions. Kane never turned up in the finals / semi finals time and time again, that is on Poch the players and Kane nobody else.

clearly Levy’s fault

Peak poch team didn't win anything. Clearly we needed another striker to avoid a young Kane's annual year end slump and injuries. And soon enough didnt replace our CMs. Best to us, but not best in the league over a season.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

As I said elsewhere, in all three finals we turned up to and most of the semifinals we went out in, we were the inferior team against opponents who had better players by dint of spending more than us.

In one of the two years we challenged for titles, same thing - we lost out to Chelsea who were better than us and had better players, bench and first team, than we did.

The other was the freak Leicester year.

That team you mention was brilliant. It also needed more to actually win things, like in the FA Cup semi in 2017 when Chelsea brought on Costa, Hazard and Fabregas while we brought on Georges-Kevin N'Koudou. It needed more strength in depth. Poch wanted it too. We did the exact opposite - made the team weaker until by the time of the CL final we were starting Winks and Sissoko in midfield.

All of this has a cause. That cause is ENIC. We will never compete as long as they are here, mate.

Kane saw that. It's why he left.

Agreed to an extent that the inability to perform when we got there was down to the players although caveat that with very rarely were we the favourites in those games apart from potentially the Portsmouth semi pre poch.

The fact that we aren’t able to capitalise these opportunities and go again is absolutely on the shocking ownership of this football club.

We got lucky with Kane and he gave us more time than others but under ENIC it’s only a matter of time that a player outgrows us, realises he will achieve nada and move on.

Yet here in glory glory land everybody can slap each other on the back on the amazing financial job that ENIC have done.

As I said elsewhere, in all three finals we turned up to and most of the semifinals we went out in, we were the inferior team against opponents who had better players by dint of spending more than us.

In one of the two years we challenged for titles, same thing - we lost out to Chelsea who were better than us and had better players, bench and first team, than we did.

That team you mention was brilliant. It also needed more to actually win things, like in the FA Cup semi in 2017 when Chelsea brought on Costa, Hazard and Fabregas while we brought on Georges-Kevin N'Koudou. It needed more strength in depth. Poch wanted it too. We did the exact opposite - made the team weaker until by the time of the CL final we were starting Winks and Sissoko in midfield.

All of this has a cause. That cause is ENIC. We will never compete as long as they are here, mate.

He’s not left yet.

The alternative to ENIC is cheating, which renders it irrelevant anyway, any idiot can buy success.

He’s not left yet.

The alternative to ENIC is cheating, which renders it irrelevant anyway, any idiot can buy success.

He's gone, mate.

As for your (imo pretty unique) views on every single club but us apparently cheating by having ambitious owners, I'm aware of them and can only say that I disagree, though I respect your consistency on that.

Hopefully the club uses the Kane money to bolster the playing staff and support Ange. If they don’t, they’re staying on their path of running the football side as an adjunct to another, non football, business.

He's gone, mate.

As for your (imo pretty unique) views on every single club but us apparently cheating by having ambitious owners, I'm aware of them and can only say that I disagree, though I respect your consistency on that.

:D Bit immature dude. At best there are a handful of clubs you'd swap being a Spurs supporter for. I wouldn't swap with Lecister for example, tho they have a PL title. You need to deal with your fixation and lack of success hang up. Mostly this outlook reflects the individuals own attainment frustrations imo.

Last edited:
:D Bit immature dude. At best there are a handful of clubs you'd swap being a Spurs supporter for. I wouldn't swap with Lecister for example, tho they have a PL title. You need to deal with you fixation and lack of success hang up. Mostly this outlook reflects the individuals own attainment frustrations imo.

You misunderstand me. @Baleforce thinks owners putting money into their clubs is cheating.

I am saying every single owner in the Premier League does that (and the history of English football has basically been owners funding clubs), so by his definition they are all cheating. I think it is a...novel viewpoint, even though I vehemently disagree.

You misunderstand me. @Baleforce thinks owners putting money into their clubs is cheating.

I am saying every single owner in the Premier League does that (and the history of English football has basically been owners funding clubs), so by his definition they are all cheating. I think it is a...novel viewpoint, even though I vehemently disagree.

If all the Spurs fans who trot out this arguement would just put their hand in their own pocket and donate half their savings to THFC, we could have bloody well won the league by now!!!

Don’t forget that the Conte Cheat$ki team had no European football either.

If all the Spurs fans who trot out this arguement would just put their hand in their own pocket and donate half their savings to THFC, we could have bloody well won the league by now!!!

And all the other 19 clubs - would they all need to do it too? Or is it just Spurs fans who have to self-fund the club doing anything, while every other team gets better owners happy to invest and make their teams compete and bring joy to their fans?

Is it just us doomed to be the largest bit in the portfolio of a tax exile criminal and his useless henchman, without anything from them to show for it? What did we do to deserve that fate for 22 years, while fans of other clubs could dream?

Come on Dubai .. Big difference between owner investment and simply running a club for decades as a non-viable business (and this is why it's hard to have a legitimate conversation)

Chelsea in the RA era lost £1M a week for 13 years
City has probably lost something similar if not more (hard to tell with their creative accounting)

Those are the two most successful clubs of last 15 or so years, and they have done it by spending an amount of money that if any other team tried to match (outside of United), they would have gone bankrupt

This isn't the Blackburn or even Leicester, pump some money in for a couple of years and hope for a return, this is sustained spending way beyond the revenue generated. I'd say in any other business this would be considered an unfair business practice (illegal).

Again (have to do this every time), not denying we need it to compete, but it's ridiculous to pretend football isn't fundamentally broken. And it isn't helped by media lies, e.g. City spent £56M on Haaland is widely reported, lies, they spend north of £135M with a total package of over £250M, this to a squad that walked the PL and after spending >£1B

Come on Dubai .. Big difference between owner investment and simply running a club for decades as a non-viable business (and this is why it's hard to have a legitimate conversation)

Chelsea in the RA era lost £1M a week for 13 years
City has probably lost something similar if not more (hard to tell with their creative accounting)

Those are the two most successful clubs of last 15 or so years, and they have done it by spending an amount of money that if any other team tried to match (outside of United), they would have gone bankrupt

This isn't the Blackburn or even Leicester, pump some money in for a couple of years and hope for a return, this is sustained spending way beyond the revenue generated. I'd say in any other business this would be considered an unfair business practice (illegal).

Again (have to do this every time), not denying we need it to compete, but it's ridiculous to pretend football isn't fundamentally broken. And it isn't helped by media lies, e.g. City spent £56M on Haaland is widely reported, lies, they spend north of £135M with a total package of over £250M, this to a squad that walked the PL and after spending >£1B

But that is what *always* happened mate - football clubs were usually loss making entities to begin with, and outside of a few exceptions, *always* had to be subsidized by owners just to exist. Owners didn't buy football clubs to make a profit, they did it to spend their money on a passion project, for any number of reasons. So why is it any different just because the scale of that spending is bigger now?

Two thirds of all European clubs made losses in 2022/2023 - about the same proportion were making losses in 1992, and doubtless before then as well.

Almost no one goes into football to make money - as the BBC quoted someone saying, 'the quickest way to make 1M in football is to spend 2M.'

We are just burdened by being one of the very few clubs across football history to have been bought to make a profit - run at zero loss to the owners, with absolutely nothing from them, so they can earn a massive whack when they sell up.

Emirates Marketing Project is now spending on the scale of billions, so it takes billions to match them. Those billions exist - Todd Boehly's spent, what, more than half a billion since he got to Chelsea last year? Stan Kroenke has spent 600m of his own money on Arsenal these last few years. FSG pumped in just 300m of their own money and got Liverpool winning the lot.

But all of them see nothing wrong with relying on owner investment to compete - because that is what football has always been.

And we need better, more ambitious owners to match them. It's the only way to compete.

Back