• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

So Peak Poch team was not good enough? that was probably the most balanced team in the premier league at the time, We had 2 of the best CB's in the league, the 2 best full backs, the best CM in the premier league at that time in Dembele, Kane, Son and one of the best playmakers aswell as a superstar Youngster in Dele Ali. The team let us down on a number of occasions. Kane never turned up in the finals / semi finals time and time again, that is on Poch the players and Kane nobody else.
Very weak outside of the first 11. It is squads that win you trophies not 11 or 12 players only

Come on Dubai .. Big difference between owner investment and simply running a club for decades as a non-viable business (and this is why it's hard to have a legitimate conversation)

Chelsea in the RA era lost £1M a week for 13 years
City has probably lost something similar if not more (hard to tell with their creative accounting)

Those are the two most successful clubs of last 15 or so years, and they have done it by spending an amount of money that if any other team tried to match (outside of United), they would have gone bankrupt

This isn't the Blackburn or even Leicester, pump some money in for a couple of years and hope for a return, this is sustained spending way beyond the revenue generated. I'd say in any other business this would be considered an unfair business practice (illegal).

Again (have to do this every time), not denying we need it to compete, but it's ridiculous to pretend football isn't fundamentally broken. And it isn't helped by media lies, e.g. City spent £56M on Haaland is widely reported, lies, they spend north of £135M with a total package of over £250M, this to a squad that walked the PL and after spending >£1B
And yet (if there were no sanctions in place) RA would still have made a good profit on his investment, not as much as Levy and Lewis have but how much is ‘enough’?

What I don't understand is, if you think it's acceptable to want a sugar daddy who pumps in loads of cash to put you on cheat mode, why don't you just switch to supporting a team with a sugar daddy who pumps in loads of cash to put you on cheat mode? Not a lot of difference in ethics. The fact that you supported Spurs growing up is really holding you back.

What I don't understand is, if you think it's acceptable to want a sugar daddy who pumps in loads of cash to put you on cheat mode, why don't you just switch to supporting a team with a sugar daddy who pumps in loads of cash to put you on cheat mode? Not a lot of difference in ethics. The fact that you supported Spurs growing up is really holding you back.
I would just have liked our owners to share a decent portion of the money they have made out of Spurs with the club (I.e. by reinvesting).

I would just have liked our owners to share a decent portion of the money they have made out of Spurs with the club (I.e. by reinvesting).

Kind of disagree with this, they have used all of the money that Spurs have generated its just been their transfer strategy, recruitment and making the same mistakes again and again that have held us back.

I also don't agree with them trying to peddle that they have only the clubs best interest at heart ... the truth is they are in it for the big sale ... again nothing really wrong with that but its just disingenuous

Kind of disagree with this, they have used all of the money that Spurs have generated its just been their transfer strategy, recruitment and making the same mistakes again and again that have held us back.

I also don't agree with them trying to peddle that they have only the clubs best interest at heart ... the truth is they are in it for the big sale ... again nothing really wrong with that but its just disingenuous

I do believe Levy has the club's best interests at heart. He certainly doesn't always get things right, and far from it over the last few seasons but I believe the decisions he makes are what he believes to be right for the club.
Lewis I don't believe has that mindset.

I do believe Levy has the club's best interests at heart. He certainly doesn't always get things right, and far from it over the last few seasons but I believe the decisions he makes are what he believes to be right for the club.
Lewis I don't believe has that mindset.
I think they are decisions where the number 1 priority is to increase the value of asset as opposed to ‘win trophies’ but I appreciate there is at least some overlap

And all the other 19 clubs - would they all need to do it too? Or is it just Spurs fans who have to self-fund the club doing anything, while every other team gets better owners happy to invest and make their teams compete and bring joy to their fans?

Is it just us doomed to be the largest bit in the portfolio of a tax exile criminal and his useless henchman, without anything from them to show for it? What did we do to deserve that fate for 22 years, while fans of other clubs could dream?

- We've seen the likes of Villa, Everton etc spend crazy sums on their sides to no effect. It can actually be detrimental as when the cash runs out you are left with an unsustainable model. Will you credit Levy with increasing our spending power organically and sustainably? Y/N

- You are asking people to take money out their own pocket to accelerate Spurs, which is somewhat flawed. Unless you have unlimited funds based on say black gold under the earth, then such an approach is short-termist. How many clubs have we seen do this and crash and burn? More than have succeeded. Maybe Lecister is one that invested and got results. But would you take their success over our journey over the last 20 odd years? Y/N

- Would you do what you are asking others to do? Put your savings into the club Y/N? If no why would you expect others to do it?

- Are you able to concede Enic did invest 100m recently? Y/N So you are factually incorrect. It isn't "every-other club invests". Other clubs are run sustainably too. In fact long term the only clubs that aren't have oil money feeding them.

- Why are you feeling so down on yourself and your experience supporting the club? Almost victimising yourself. I've enjoyed the journey over the last 20 years. If I didn't I would enrich my life in some other way.

Last edited:
It's funny, not so long ago there was a few on here holding up Tony Bloom at Brighton as some example of a brilliant chairman.
Levy is getting slated for a transfer on the day the season starts of a player in the last year of his contract. Brighton are still negotiating for the sale of a player with 3 years left on his contract.
Bet Bloom is still held up as doing everything right and Levy doing everything wrong by the usual few.

It's funny, not so long ago there was a few on here holding up Tony Bloom at Brighton as some example of a brilliant chairman.
Levy is getting slated for a transfer on the day the season starts of a player in the last year of his contract. Brighton are still negotiating for the sale of a player with 3 years left on his contract.
Bet Bloom is still held up as doing everything right and Levy doing everything wrong by the usual few.

They'll move on to the next club having a one off outstanding season as soon as one emerges from the pack.

As I recall, Tony Bloom invested 300m+ of his own money into his club.

As far as I'm concerned he is so far ahead of Levy it's laughable to even put the two in the same sentence when it comes to ambitious owners. Probably also why Brighton fans probably give him the benefit of the doubt - he cares about his club and has skin in the game, unlike our Deadweight Dan (and his boss, Lewis).

As I recall, Tony Bloom invested 300m+ of his own money into his club.

As far as I'm concerned he is so far ahead of Levy it's laughable to even put the two in the same sentence when it comes to ambitious owners. Probably also why Brighton fans probably give him the benefit of the doubt - he cares about his club and has skin in the game, unlike our Deadweight Dan (and his boss, Lewis).
20 years of his life put into it day in day out, I'd say he's invested something into it.

20 years of his life put into it day in day out, I'd say he's invested something into it.

Oh, and about this - so it's not any money he provides, nor any wisdom, which he has been severely lacking in for many years now. No, he simply existed for 20 years, and *that* is his commitment to us. And he pays himself the highest salary in the league for the privilege of existing here, too.

So no, mate - Tony Bloom actually sacrificed something to own Brighton, to the tune of 300m of his own money, *and* the time. Levy sacrificed nothing whatsoever - if he hadn't run Spurs he would have been running his Mr. Byrite discount clothing store and doing a no doubt bang up job of that.

Back