• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I'm a bit concerned about the player council of whatever you call it. I mean it's fine if the top players have the Ceo's ear but an average player is naturally not going to suggest that he gets replaced.
Why would you be concerned about a player council that every team has? And you really think that it's purpose is to be in Levy's ear to say which players should and shouldn't be replaced? Do you not think that is the job of the manager and DoF?

Why would you be concerned about a player council that every team has? And you really think that it's purpose is to be in Levy's ear to say which players should and shouldn't be replaced? Do you not think that is the job of the manager and DoF?
The concern would be that some of the players who really should be leaving are the very same players who are on the players council and potentially have influence on guiding Levy's direction going forward.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

The concern would be that some of the players who really should be leaving are the very same players who are on the players council and potentially have influence on guiding Levy's direction going forward.

Except they don't have any input or influence on transfers. Kane is on it, it had zero impact on what happened with his move to City.
Lloris is moving, zero impact there. People seem to think that it's involved in a lot more than the reality of what it is for.

Except they don't have any input or influence on transfers. Kane is on it, it had zero impact on what happened with his move to City.
Lloris is moving, zero impact there. People seem to think that it's involved in a lot more than the reality of what it is for.
I'm not claiming they have any, just I can understand why some will be concerned.

I'm a bit concerned about the player council of whatever you call it. I mean it's fine if the top players have the Ceo's ear but an average player is naturally not going to suggest that he gets replaced.
Every sports team has a few leaders (the captain and vice captain and senior players) who will be the conduit between the squad and the manager (and the club when there is no manager). Every sports team ever throughout history. Chill.

Every sports team has a few leaders (the captain and vice captain and senior players) who will be the conduit between the squad and the manager (and the club when there is no manager). Every sports team ever throughout history. Chill.
I get it if it's the top player, captain, vice captain etc.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

It'll likely be the players who have the most seniority/respect of the squad - as you would expect (well, most of us would) - not sure what makes you think you're better placed to say who should be the squads voice tbh

If it's a conduit between players and management (both directions) then I'd expect both the captain and a vice captain (who are club-appointees to those roles), as it would be very odd if they weren't involved, plus maybe one or two other reps chosen by the players. In practice I doubt it's that formal a division, but it makes sense that you'd have a mix. Probably most of what is discussed is things like facilities, schedules and holiday time, so hardly controversial or of great matter outside of the players themselves.

We really have to sort out how we spend the money, the stadium is already making an impact

From Forbes (over last 3 years)

0x0.jpg

This includes the pandemic, so wouldn't read too much into it.

I thought that the pandemic had adversely impacted us out of proportion to other clubs? And everyone would have been affected by the pandemic, so would make figures reasonably reliable as all teams will have taken a similar hit to attendances?

i might be missing something here but how does high operating income alone mean most profitable .What about the costs to get to that operating income.

i might be missing something here but how does high operating income alone mean most profitable .What about the costs to get to that operating income.
Well operating income subtracts only operational expenses so tells something of the story of profitability but not the actual net income or simple profit. Tbf I'm not sure if any disbursements are included as operational expenses and likewise things like signings etc.

Back