• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

It's the fact that they have identified what they lack in the team and gone for their number one target, confident of getting their man and not getting gazumped.

We would go in, haggle the wages down and then string it out with the transfer and eventually miss out .... failing that we would wait and get the cheaper alternatives.

We don't have the conviction, they are backing their manager properly. First they stuck with him, helped him clear out most of the dross, and now giving him the funds to push for titles ... a little envious.

I guess we got some concerts coming up

No way he was their number one target, there are loads of better CM's out there.

He's probably 5th or 6th on their list and they are still massively overpaying.

If Rice can stop their end of season choke, he'll be well worth £100m.
He is bloody good player
World class in the right team
United paid £60m for casimero, a similar type of player but a lot older, and of course with a CV that you get player for a top side (rice has never had that opportunity)
add in HG tax and prem to prem rates and £100m is a fair price IMO in the daft market we have today

however.. I don’t believe they will offer that. They will offer the same kind of deal they did for Mudryk and it will drag on to the point of not happening

I think this detracts from the message that should be focused on. We are way behind Arsenal now as a team build, for me personally it would actually be a dereliction of duty to go out and buy a 100m midfielder, like putting lipstick on a pig.

We have alot more to do before we get to adding the final pieces like Arsenal now.

BUT and it's a slightly optimistic but on my part admittedly, 2/3 years ago people would have and did swear at Arsenal for where they were, that's where we are now.
Yep 100%
We don’t need rice. He would make us better but we have other, more glaringly obvious issues
What I dont get with arsenal business is they still haven’t been linked with a goal scorer
Do they think that Jesus will eventually get 20 plus goals in a season…
That’s the differentiator in the games they drew that killed their title run. A world class striker (they have plenty of forwards)
Their CM was fine IMO although Partey struggled as the season went on and maybe off the field things started to have an impact

That's a decent upgrade. Who's replacing Partey? Or do they still have no morals?
Xhaka actually had a very good season, probably his best season so far.
If they stuck by Partey this long I don't see that changing next season unless there is more to come out and he actually gets charged.

Yep 100%
We don’t need rice. He would make us better but we have other, more glaringly obvious issues
What I dont get with arsenal business is they still haven’t been linked with a goal scorer
Do they think that Jesus will eventually get 20 plus goals in a season…
That’s the differentiator in the games they drew that killed their title run. A world class striker (they have plenty of forwards)
Their CM was fine IMO although Partey struggled as the season went on and maybe off the field things started to have an impact
Their midfield is top quality. As you say a forward would be a priority and their defence could be improved. They've a few injury prone defenders that could be replaced.

No way he was their number one target, there are loads of better CM's out there.

He's probably 5th or 6th on their list and they are still massively overpaying.
There really aren't. They will be adding one of the best few central midfield players in the PL and doing so with an association trained player as well.

Reactions: DTA
There really aren't. They will be adding one of the best few central midfield players in the PL and doing so with an association trained player as well.

If he was that good, they wouldn’t have been fighting relegation all season.

It’s the same as Maddison, actual impact doesn’t match the hype or expected fee.

Didn't their poor form coincide with Saliba getting injured? They also got themselves top with Jesus.
Yes, the results dropped off around the time Saliba got injured but I think their performances had dropped a bit before that. He is a top player.
Jesus missed about a third of the season through injury. They've a few other players that chip in with goals so they aren't as reliant on a forward but a top quality one that hits 20+ goals would push them on more than Rice imo.

I'm hoping they don't otherwise they will disappear over the horizon again like they did for the first decade of Wenger's reign.
They have to balance their books like us don't they?

In that case massively overpaying for relatively minor upgrades is precisely what I want them to do.

They have to balance their books like us don't they?

In that case massively overpaying for relatively minor upgrades is precisely what I want them to do.
No, we don't really have to 'balance our books'. We continually operate well under the FFP caps. I suspect Arsenal's owners are happy to operate up close to (and maybe even the max permitted amount over) the FFP line in an attempt to turn their very good team into a title winning one.

Back