• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

A lot* of people loved furlough. They no longer had to go to work, they got 80% pay. They kept their jobs. They could sit out in the sun all summer while the rest of us worked hard for 100% pay. They could take other jobs and earn cash in hand to end up earning more than before.

*I cannot quantify what percent.

A lot* of people loved furlough. They no longer had to go to work, they got 80% pay. They kept their jobs. They could sit out in the sun all summer while the rest of us worked hard for 100% pay. They could take other jobs and earn cash in hand to end up earning more than before.

*I cannot quantify what percent.

I know a few eastern europeans that went home to their families and lived like kings.

| Incoming #Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has been told that he will have to work within his means in the transfer market after Antonio Conte tried to pressure the club to spend significantly. @garyjacob

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ange-postecoglou-tottenham-manager-spurs-celtic-2023-lnb78mngb

Starting off on the front foot, I see.

Just means we're upfront about what's available and any manager has to work to those constraints. If you take the job and then want more, tough.

| Incoming #Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has been told that he will have to work within his means in the transfer market after Antonio Conte tried to pressure the club to spend significantly. @garyjacob

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ange-postecoglou-tottenham-manager-spurs-celtic-2023-lnb78mngb

I take that

Manager takes job knowing scale of job ahead. Beats a year of being told we miss sold the job and we are not backing the manager like we said we would.

This bloke has his work cut out, I take my hat off to him for taking the challenge, he deserves the fans backing for that alone IMO

Work within OUR means to be more precise.

We spend what we earn. No change there.

The only time that changed was Conte being upfront with the way he operated, us thinking it's a horse worth backing and making an extra £150m available to him.

So we're back to as we were, hoping the manager can earn, and importantly add value to the healthy wages we will pay him (it shouldn't be hard to outperform Conte pound for pound tbh)

I take that

Manager takes job knowing scale of job ahead. Beats a year of being told we miss sold the job and we are not backing the manager like we said we would.

This bloke has his work cut out, I take my hat off to him for taking the challenge, he deserves the fans backing for that alone IMO
If he gets the financial backing that Conte got then I’d have thought he’d be ecstatic?

I take that

That’s where I am. We’ve got someone who will see this as a step up; who’s not afraid of a challenge; who has a reputation as a unifier; and who likes to play on the front foot. That ticks a lot of boxes for me. I have the obvious concerns, but I’d take him over Nagelsmann tbh - and we weren’t spoilt for choice.

Just means we're upfront about what's available and any manager has to work to those constraints. If you take the job and then want more, tough.

I don't disagree that these are the constraints every manager of ours faces under ENIC. But it's a little amusing that those are our terms - 'you want us to actually compete? Tough.' :p

Lad's got a job on his hands, that's for sure. I have all the sympathy in the world for the guy.

Work within OUR means to be more precise.

We spend what we earn. No change there.

The only time that changed was Conte being upfront with the way he operated, us thinking it's a horse worth backing and making an extra £150m available to him.

So we're back to as we were, hoping the manager can earn, and importantly add value to the healthy wages we will pay him (it shouldn't be hard to outperform Conte pound for pound tbh)

Sigh. Yep. Hope he's ready for some N'Koudous and N'Jies over Manes or Wijnaldums - or another glorious 18 months of fudge all. Really a great model to aspire to, wonder why more clubs don't do it. :p

If he succeeds in the face of the rapid backtracking the club are doing from even trying to compete, man deserves a statue replacing the badger on the roof, mate.

As long as the club adjust their expectations accordingly I've no problem with that.
It's the champagne aspirations on a lemonade budget i have an issue with.

Sigh. Yep. Hope he's ready for some N'Koudous and N'Jies over Manes or Wijnaldums - or another glorious 18 months of fudge all. Really a great model to aspire to, wonder why more clubs don't do it. :p

If he succeeds in the face of the rapid backtracking the club are doing from even trying to compete, man deserves a statue replacing the badger on the roof, mate.
If he gets the level of funds we have had since the stadium started producing it'll be a level above the N's player days if we're honest.
We are (as most clubs are) looking for a manager that can bridge some of that financial gap by being talented (wow what a concept). There are plenty examples of managers who have done and are doing just that. We have had our own example already, and he had less finances available to him than this new man will.

Fwiw I think the starting point isn't too bad for this type of manager. We have many players to shift but where we need to improve is pretty obvious. We can focus on those areas knowing the squad doesn't need to be massive given domestic football only. Mix in some interesting young players that are more than just academy boys (Spence gil udogie sarr Porro skipp) and I think he'll think there's enough to get us working.

Back