• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

I listened to an Italian footy expert last night on a pod, saying Udogie is not a wingback. He does not stay wide when the ball is on the other side, he drives up field and tries to arrive in the centre of the box to score. He tackles hard. He will need to get up to Prem standards of referees not blowing for every contact. He does not stay wide and cross it. He will cut it back if he is wide. He will run and run. He will receive deep and drive forwards, dribbling at speed and head for goal. He is very dynamic.

Overall we have quite a lot of good players and I agree Ange will adapt his formation to fit our players into a system which suits them. E.g. No point trying to make Porro a full back, no point trying to make Royal a wingback etc. Hopefully Ange will actually talk to Mason et al and find out our players weaknesses, so he can play them in positions of strength.

That description of Udogie potentially fits perfectly with Postecoglous way of playing. At Celtic he played with two wide attacking players who’d hug the touch line (Son, Kulu for example).

His fullbacks would then cut in attacking the box and creating an option instead of a hopeful cross from out-wide.

It's the fact that they have identified what they lack in the team and gone for their number one target, confident of getting their man and not getting gazumped.

We would go in, haggle the wages down and then string it out with the transfer and eventually miss out .... failing that we would wait and get the cheaper alternatives.

We don't have the conviction, they are backing their manager properly. First they stuck with him, helped him clear out most of the dross, and now giving him the funds to push for titles ... a little envious.

I guess we got some concerts coming up

I think this detracts from the message that should be focused on. We are way behind Arsenal now as a team build, for me personally it would actually be a dereliction of duty to go out and buy a 100m midfielder, like putting lipstick on a pig.

We have alot more to do before we get to adding the final pieces like Arsenal now.

BUT and it's a slightly optimistic bit on my part admittedly, 2/3 years ago people would have and did snear at Arsenal for where they were, that's where we are now.

Last edited:
Back