• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

you have extremes like Roman who has transformed the playing wide by sheer £££
I think Chelsea have been very clever on the football and business side. The hoovering up of young talent is incredible and starting to bear fruit alongside the customary big buys. But the decisiveness with which they make their managerial changes is particularly impressive. No sentiment no dithering. Contrast that to our managerial recruitment.

Pool got lucky with a sale of a player at an obscene price (that’s alsmot bankrupted his club) that funded 2 key acquisitions

We also had a big money sale but didn't invest the money as wisely. Partly because Liverpool can offer higher wages to complement their big fees. That tends to mean they bring in higher quality players for the similar fees as us.

then look at United’s owners….. another extreme

I agree but if you look at the quality of their squad it's difficult to point blame at anyone other than the CEO and football managers. Like Levy Woodward is far too much of a ditherer on the football side.

All imo of course.

Our issue is not the money we spend its how badly we spend it, Clarke is often looked at as a cheap alternative but reality is he is an expensive mistake, 13m for a lad that will not make it in the first team. Our spending is littered with mistakes, middle of the road odd 25m here, 45m there and our squad is now full of expensive wastage. Lo Celso, Ndombele, Sanchez....we paid how much for Aurier and paid him off, we just dont seem to have a plan, or didnt and now have to trust Fab.

Facts are this is the chickens coming home to roost, ever since we sacked Jol the way we did we have tried all sorts of combinations of DOFs and Managers, got ideas above our station on managers and what is success so sacked Poch and ended up in some weird twist of fate with Jose, it just seems sometimes we are playing at being a big club by looking to have the right things in place.

I like Levy and like what he has done for the club, in his pomp he was the best in the game, but he has to shoulder alot of this, taken his eye of the football side with the commercial and property side seeming to take priority, maybe it needs to for finances, but I just hope we have a plan and its given to time bed in because at the minute its grim, very grim

If Levy employed Levy, Levy would have sacked Levy by now.

It's that complicated and simple at the same time.

Distrusting and a control freak which was ok a while back but you cant do that now, not with how big the operation is.

Problem is those round him create an echo chamber

I think we all now know that. (I hope).

They will milk the football side of things to max out revenue for the stadium.
Sell hope to fans - enough to get them dreaming of glory - but will stop when the last mile investments get hefty and with no assured returns. This boom-bust relationship with fans will be enough to get the sponsors for the sponsorship, stadium and events side of things to draw regular lucrative revenue for the club.

They will sell before the fans start to dwindle - no more waitlist for season tickets and empty stadiums and when competition gets too tough with more foreign funds coming into the EPL.

If Levy employed Levy, Levy would have sacked Levy by now.

It's that complicated and simple at the same time.

Lol post of the year but it’s 100% accurate.

Levy and ENIC are the only common denominator over 20 years. They did a wonderful job for 15 years getting the infrastructure in place which will bare fruit for decades to come but they don’t get a life pass just as any manager or player wouldn’t. Hell, certain posters are often at pains to point out how football is a business like any other, well let me put it this way, if Elon Musk or Tim Cook ran their company poorly for 5 years and oversaw a decline in sales/revenue which led to a diminished product do you honestly expect the boards of their respective companies would hang around in trying to usurp them? It’s that simple for me. It would be something if they put more of an emphasis on the product on the pitch, but their actions indicate their business model is at direct odds with trying to win trophies.

Did you really not hear it?…. It was loud and clear coming from both South and East stands.

A fair bit from the North as well.
There were a couple of blokes near the front with an ENIC Out banner that they brought out close to the end.
I suspect the people in the rows immediately behind them were immensely thankful to have their view of the game blocked.

Did you really not hear it?…. It was loud and clear coming from both South and East stands.

Even the media finally picked up on it - fans revolting and getting the club in the news seems to be an effective way to inspire changes. Who woulda thunk it, eh? ;)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ttenham-hotspur-stadium-daniel-levy-fans-fury

'There were always going to be boos from one end of the ground or the other and, as Ole Gunnar Solskjær’s side pulled off another of those increasingly familiar job-saving victories, they came from Spurs fans. At half-time, at full-time, and probably most significantly, when Lucas Moura was taken off for Steven Bergwijn. By the end there were chants against the chairman Daniel Levy.'

I suspect another Baghdad Bob-style propaganda video is on its way - club media guy asking Dan softball questions designed to avoid the question of whether he or his boss will either a) sell up and f*ck off at long, long last, or b) spend money on the club they own.

well let me put it this way, if Elon Musk or Tim Cook ran their company poorly for 5 years and oversaw a decline in sales/revenue which led to a diminished product do you honestly expect the boards of their respective companies would hang around in trying to usurp them?

Unless you're meaning ENIC firing Levy, then the comparison doenst translate. Tesla and Apple are public companies with many investors and their boards are their to ensure the companies are run well. ENIC is a private company and, within the boundaries of what is legal, can run their company as they see fit

Unless you're meaning ENIC firing Levy, then the comparison doenst translate. Tesla and Apple are public companies with many investors and their boards are their to ensure the companies are run well. ENIC is a private company and, within the boundaries of what is legal, can run their company as they see fit

Yeah I get the companies are not like for like so perhaps a clunky analogy but the gist of what I was saying was how much longer and how many more bad decisions that take us backwards will Levy be allowed to make before the penny drops and people realise maybe they are the problem along with unsuitable managers and poor/want away players?

has the Levy thread been changed to this?

Anyway, another waste of time under Levy. We finished second a few years ago but thanks to Levy he's put paid to that. His ultimate aim is to flog us to some billionaire and when that's recently happened, we weren't in the running.

And what next? Look at the Summer search, brick show. We're gonna be linked with the same people we were and avoided in Summer. brick. Now people who were previously in love with Levy should finally be waking up to what many have said for a while. Wolf in sheeps clothing for our club.

Back