• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ENIC

has the Levy thread been changed to this?

Anyway, another waste of time under Levy. We finished second a few years ago but thanks to Levy he's put paid to that. His ultimate aim is to flog us to some billionaire and when that's recently happened, we weren't in the running.

And what next? Look at the Summer search, brick show. We're gonna be linked with the same people we were and avoided in Summer. brick. Now people who were previously in love with Levy should finally be waking up to what many have said for a while. Wolf in sheeps clothing for our club.

I wish i had a fiver for everytime i have heard some kneejerker say that over the last decade or so. :rolleyes:

To be fair, the IC in the name literally stands for Investment Company. People get involved in investing to increase the value of their asset and usually try to sell it at a profit.

It's not that big a leap.

For some maybe, i have been hearing things said about Levy for years, he would never get plans made for another ground, he will never get it built, etc,etc. He is still here and got the plans, built the ground etc,etc.

That does not mean i think he has not made mistakes of course he has ( just like all of us in our own way), but as i have said according to the kneejerkers he was never going to do a lot of things and he has done quite a bit for us as a club.

For some maybe, i have been hearing things said about Levy for years, he would never get plans made for another ground, he will never get it built, etc,etc. He is still here and got the plans, built the ground etc,etc.

That does not mean i think he has not made mistakes of course he has ( just like all of us in our own way), but as i have said according to the kneejerkers he was never going to do a lot of things and he has done quite a bit for us as a club.

Was never going to throw away a good side and let it go stale. Was never going to sack a manager a few days before a cup final. Was never going to decrease the value of the club.

Does anyone think it is ironic that Levy essentially created a rod for his own back?

The stadium and CL final seems to have left fans with lofty aspirations. It allowed us to dream. These aspirations of winning the league and the CL are shared by all at the club. I don’t think anyone dounts that.

It wasn’t that long ago we had a big party as we’d finally got into the Europa cup! How expectations have changed.

funny how expert people are after the event and how few are able to call it at the time. The truth of the matter is more nuanced.

Poch elevated players, when they dropped off they were not easy to sell.

Poch also presided over some of the worst transfers and has to take some blame for where we are now. Clarke, Ndombele, LeCelco, Sessengon must be 150m of transfer fees at least.

How did we spend so much on so little at the end of Pochs tenure? Can these player come good under a stable nurturing manager?

Jack Clarke £10-15m ?
Sessengon £25m
LeCelco £55m ?
Ndombele £65m

Sure there are performances bonuses but it is a horrendous amount of money spent on players who have never settled. Poch was sacked partly because of them, and two other managers haven’t been able to get much from this 150m of talent.

Had Poch stayed I think we would have got more from them, but they would have all flattered to deceive still. I only really hold out hope for Sessengon now and he seems to be injury prone.

Poch started his tenure, with the club overseeing scouting and recruitment, but as he became respected he demanded control of transfers. Giving him that control was maybe the biggest mistake of all.

Last edited:
How did we spend so much on so little at the end of Pochs tenure? Can these player come good under a stable nurturing manager?

Jack Clarke £10-15m ?
Sessengon £25m
LeCelco £55m ?
Ndombele £65m

Sure there are performances bonuses but a horrendous amount of money on players who have never settled. Poch was sacked partly because of them, and two other managers haven’t been able to get much from this 150m of talent.

Had Poch stayed I think we would have got more from them, but they would have all flattered to deceive still. I only really hold out hope for Sessengon now and he seems to be injury prone.

Poch started his tenure with the club overseeing scouting and recruitment but as he became respected he demanded control of transfers. Giving him that control was maybe the biggest mistake of all.
Wasn't Lo Celso signed permanently by Mourinho? Have to say while Jose seemed to get the best out of Lo Celso, Ndombele looked most exciting (fitness aside) in those last few Poch games.

Wasn't Lo Celso signed permanently by Mourinho? Have to say while Jose seemed to get the best out of Lo Celso, Ndombele looked most exciting (fitness aside) in those last few Poch games.

Yes. Lo Celso was playing better. Mourinho said something like, I didn't think he had it in him, but he has shown fight etc. and he made the signing permanent. I should imagine it was a case of we'd spent Xm on the loan, so the balance was 30m or something, so hard not to take. The quartet are not bad players overnight, but they were the wrong players at the time. When Poch desperately needed a new midfield they weren't the right personnel. A good 5 years on we still have problems in mindifeld arising from these signings. Ndombele not training and then being out the side completely undermined our consistency and momentum.

Yes. Lo Celso was playing better. Mourinho said something like, I didn't think he had it in him, but he has shown fight etc. and he made the signing permanent. I should imagine it was a case of we'd spent Xm on the loan, so the balance was 30m or something, so hard not to take. The quartet are not bad players overnight, but they were the wrong players at the time. When Poch desperately needed a new midfield they weren't the right personnel. A good 5 years on we still have problems in mindifeld arising from these signings. Ndombele not training and then being out the side completely undermined our consistency and momentum.
5years? You mean 2 years.

5years? You mean 2 years.

Sorry I rushed the post. Essentially, our midfield problems go back 5 years. We never replaced Modric. Or even Demeble. Modric was the last midfielder we had who could move the ball well, sidestep a press, tackle etc. Since we've had various players who could do some of the things required of being a top midfielder. Ndombele and LeCelso were brought in to rectify that, but let Poch down massively.

I'll add kane to the list. Mere speculation - is it possible if there was an agreement for Kane to be sold to fund the rejuvenation of the team when Mourinho arrived. Why did he come to a club that wouldnt spend?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Back